Would our D have given up 50 last night

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Isn't it almost ironic that we hold QB's like Newton, Matt Ryan, Stafford, and Wince in check but get torched by Mariota?

I don't think our D gives up 50, but it would be a convincing loss.
Ya,,,but,,, I've always thought Mariota had some of that ol' #9 in his game ever since his debut, meaning ,he's fully capable of winning any matchup he plays in.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
yes, they would have been tired out as our O cant stay on the field.

3 and out is easier than playing for 7

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Rams front 4 would have a field day pass rushing the current Cowboys OL.

Oh, I don't doubt that they're phenominal against the pass. Dak would be reliving the nightmare of the Falcons game last year. I just think that the ability to run the ball against LA would be crucial.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Suppose we were playing either the Rams or Chiefs last night, would this D have given up 50 plus?

The Cowboys give up 1.74 points per drive(4th best in NFL) and that's while being put in bad starting position(29.5 yard line which is 24th best or 9th worst).

Rams average 3 points per drive while having 3rd best starting field position
Chiefs average 3.38 points per drive while having 4th best starting field position

We would have limited their total drives, and if we keep them out of great starting field position it would have been very difficult.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
Suppose we were playing either the Rams or Chiefs last night, would this D have given up 50 plus?

Good question. We didn't break against the Falcons who were averaging just over 30 at home and held them to 19. I do know this, if we played in that game and gave up 50 the old lament of "defenses win SB's" would be todays story. Funny, I haven't heard that lament all year. Apparently offenses win SB's, who knew lol. The Saints game should show us how we'll hang in against a top offense. Haven't really faced one of those yet

irishline

Reaction score
Including their run defence? Because the Rams have been showing a significant weakness against the run of late.

The Rams are ranked just ahead of Atlanta's run defense. Atlanta is ranked 23rd and the Rams 22nd. So pretty much the same.

Overall Atlanta is ranked 29th and the Rams 21st.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
The Rams are ranked just ahead of Atlanta's run defense. Atlanta is ranked 23rd and the Rams 22nd. Overall Atlanta is ranked 29th and the Rams 21st.

I did not know that. I thought that they would be less than that with how they've looked lately. Still, that'd probably be the only weakness that we could exploit offencively, I'm afraid. I think we'd keep it relatively close on that, but we best hope we don't need to pass because Dak will be beaten like a drum.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
No, because our offense can sustain long drives. We can eat up 3 minutes and only go 8 yards.

rguido

Reaction score
I actually think the cowboys would of had a chance of winning if our D scored as much points as theirs did. But knowing our offense is not as potent I think both teams would of played more conservative against us and not just slung it around.

JayFord

Reaction score
No....we would give up 28 and score between 10-17 points

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
No....we would give up 28 and score between 10-17 points

I doubt we give up that much and if they only scored 10-17 points against either those defenses, Garrett and linehan shouldnt even be allowed back on the plan.

Fired before post game press conference crew can set their equipment up.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Atlanta marched right down the field after Dallas took a double digit lead; the offense did no favors by lackadaisical play calling which resulted in quick turnarounds for the defense.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
The rams and the chiefs would torch our defense. The only way we stand a chance is of the offense goes on long td drives.

But I dont think they drop 50 on us. A good 30ish for sure though.

Einstein

Reaction score
I think the bigger question is could we have put up 30 -40 on them?

We’re fixing to find out against the Saints if our defense can stifle one of these high powered passing offenses.

My bigger concern is can we keep up with them scoring.

Yeah, but IMO the Saints are better than both of those teams.