Would Romo have us at 5-0?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Romo was next to flawless in the GB playoff game, and much of 2014. MVP level. The question was about his prime. I'd say that was it. He wasn't failing, often, in 2014.

If you don't like hypothetical threads, don't respond to them. Let them go. You're not require to read them.
Next to flawless meaning 4 bad sacks and a fumbled snap on 3rd down.

Last edited:

pgreptom

Reaction score
Romo's my favorite Cowboys player ever so... yeah. I think he would. That Buffalo game, was it MNF? Romo was always magical, people forget he didn't have an OLINE for 80% of his career. He was always ducking and dodging. Garrett wasted his prime just like he's wasting this OL's prime.

Eddie

Reaction score
How many Super Bowls did Romo bring us??

I'm just asking for a friend.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Romo didn't fail in 2014.....I missed when he went on a playoff run that year or any other year. Romo was a failure, he didn't get it done and had 2 playoff wins his entire career.

Team game. It's absurd to blame Romo for the failure to win the SB in 2014, and particularly absurd to blame him for the playoff loss to GB.

Them

Reaction score
...Romo?...lol...please...Romo's retired from football...he likes golf now...and announcing...let it rest!

khiladi

Reaction score
With this running game, OL and speed on the outside at WR? And Jarwin to stretch the middle..

2014 was his first year basically in control of the offense.. We would have probably won a SB with Linehan...

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
This fanbase is a joke. A guy who has not played a regular season game since November 2015 and is in his 3rd year of doing announcing is still being talked about and all the what ifs. Lmao. It's comically sad. The same dude who never won anything but a few wild card games, constantly crapped the bed when it mattered, let backup QBs outduel him, give up big leads is looked upon as some savior of this franchise.

Y'all are lame. He never did anything with his own teams so people want to place him on these teams to try and prop him out.

:hammer::clap:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score

Interesting his #1 play was slightly behind Twill who adjusted to the ball and caught it. I wonder if he dropped it would Romo be blamed for a bad throw like Dak is being blamed for the Cooper tipped interception this past week?

catiii

Reaction score
Interesting his #1 play was slightly behind Twill who adjusted to the ball and caught it. I wonder if he dropped it would Romo be blamed for a bad throw like Dak is being blamed for the Cooper tipped interception this past week?
:facepalm:

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I loved Romo, but his issues against the blitz are legendary. Dak has his own issues, but I'm not sure Romo beats the Saints with all that blitzing and pressure.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Romo's my favorite Cowboys player ever so... yeah. I think he would. That Buffalo game, was it MNF? Romo was always magical, people forget he didn't have an OLINE for 80% of his career. He was always ducking and dodging. Garrett wasted his prime just like he's wasting this OL's prime.

Do you mean 2007 Tony Romo? Do you realize that was over a decade ago? In fact, it was 12 years ago.

Just think about how long ago that was…heck, the 2014 season that every Romo fan loves to espouse (Note: to be fair to Romo, it was a good season) was FIVE years ago.

I'm not calling you out personally, but so many Romo mega-fans (nuts) think he could literally walk in here right now and magically lead us to some place that he never did in his career. They say so because this team is supposedly so great, while conveniently forgetting that he played on a number of very good teams (one was NFC #1 seed) with some current and some eventual Hall of Fame players, and managed…………zilch. Nada. Nothing.

It's mind-blowing how mythical he's become.

Romo at his best was a statistical phenom who was a terrible leader. He had heart and he was tough, but neither of those make you a leader, and while he put up a ton of stats, he also had a lot to do with our team failures. His mistakes were killer.

I'm fully convinced that 90% of the Romo mega-fans are under the age of 30-35, and as sad as it is to say from a Cowboys point of view, he's the only Cowboys "success" they've ever known.

It's too bad, too, because while it is essentially ancient-history (especially for the younger fans) there are about 40 years of pre-Romo Cowboys history that actually was what they think (dream/fantasize) Romo was.

The team was statistically successful, many players were All-Pro, Pro-Bowler and actual Hall of Famers and THEY WON CHAMPIONSHIPS. Romo was never even an NFC Champion.

I know while typing this all the younger fans are making me out to be the old man yelling at everyone to get off my lawn, but I've seen what an actual Cowboys champion is and contrary to all the Romo worshipping, he ain't it.

If a lot of us can move on from Staubach, Aikman, Pearson, Irvin, Harris, Woodson, Dorsett, Smith, etc., perhaps it's time for a lot of you to move on from Romo.

Last edited:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
No. The same problems that plagued Romo’s teams plague Dak’s. It’s not the quarterback.
yeah Tony got beat by same team and qb in his last playoff game.
It aint the team or the qb, it is the coaches, starting with clapper.