Would Romo have us at 5-0?

catiii

Reaction score
Exactly. Sucks when the same rules are applied to different players, doesn’t it?

Firstly, the pass was right on target as all of them were in this video so what you've done is make up something to make a bad point to those too lazy to watch it for themselves.

ZERO debate points for the Romo hater.. You're the weakest link. Goodbye.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Do you mean 2007 Tony Romo? Do you realize that was over a decade ago? In fact, it was 12 years ago.

Just think about how long ago that was…heck, the 2014 season that every Romo fan loves to espouse (Note: to be fair to Romo, it was a good season) was FIVE years ago.

I'm not calling you out personally, but so many Romo mega-fans (nuts) think he could literally walk in here right now and magically lead us to some place that he never did in his career. They say so because this team is supposedly so great, while conveniently forgetting that he played on a number of very good teams (one was NFC #1 seed) with some current and some eventual Hall of Fame players, and managed…………zilch. Nada. Nothing.

It's mind-blowing how mythical he's become.

Romo at his best was a statistical phenom who was a terrible leader. He had heart and he was tough, but neither of those make you a leader, and while he put up a ton of stats, he also had a lot to do with our team failures. His mistakes were killer.

I'm fully convinced that 90% of the Romo mega-fans are under the age of 30-35, and as sad as it is to say from a Cowboys point of view, he's the only Cowboys "success" they've ever known.

It's too bad, too, because while it is essentially ancient-history (especially for the younger fans) there are about 40 years of pre-Romo Cowboys history that actually was what they think (dream/fantasize) Romo was.

The team was statistically successful, many players were All-Pro, Pro-Bowler and actual Hall of Famers and THEY WON CHAMPIONSHIPS. Romo was never even an NFC Champion.

I know while typing this all the younger fans are making me out to be the old man yelling at everyone to get off my lawn, but I've seen what an actual Cowboys champion is and contrary to all the Romo worshipping, he ain't it.

If a lot of us can move on from Staubach, Aikman, Pearson, Irvin, Harris, Woodson, Dorsett, Smith, etc., perhaps it's time for a lot of you to move on from Romo.
eh I am way over 30 and I was a big fan of tony, even with his flaws.
Tony made the cowboys fun to watch for a decade, and gave us a lot of exciting games, and plays. people who watched will never forget him.
If we could go back in time and get 2007 Romo, and also fire JG, then yeah tony could probably
do better than dak at getting this team to a SB.
But like tony, dak is stuck with JG and the jones boys, so it will be rough sailing trying to get
to that mythical SB.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Firstly, the pass was right on target as all of them were in this video so what you've done is lie and use a logical fallacy to make up something to make a bad point to those too lazy to watch it for themselves.

ZERO debate points for the Romo hater.. You're the weakest link. Goodbye.
Had the defender not tripped he defends the ball. It was thrown to his back shoulder so he had to twist to catch the ball. Ball should have been more in front of Twill. Great spin move, lucky the defender fell. Good catch Twill!

Blackspider214

Reaction score
What bothers me is that we never got to see Romo with Zeke.

Well if Romo could stand up to an NFL hit and not break like dropped glass, you could have. But he didn't so he didn't see. And now he's gone. No idea why his name still gets brought up.

Flamma

Reaction score
I am going to say no and I was a Romo fan. How many seasons did Dallas start 5-0 with Romo, 1? I realize in most of those years he had a crap D, but has this year's D played great? No. So it's an absolute no from me.

Zman5

Reaction score
I loved Romo and I defended him just like I defend Dak against his dufus haters but I doubt he would've of beat the Packers past Sunday. Not with the way our defense has played past weekend.

Here is the 2013 game against the Packers. We were leading 26-3 at the half time against Matt Flynn led Packers. We ended up losing 37-36 to an average Packers team. Just like past Sunday we couldn't stop the run. Rookie Eddy Lacy ran all over us (141yards on 21 attempts). Romo ended up throwing 2 INTS trying to do too much.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So open for debate. Would Romo in his prime have us at 5-0 with this current team?

Definitely not. At least one of those first 3 games he would have thrown 3 picks in the 2nd half and lost one of them.