Would the Patriots re-sign Lawrence?

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Jerry wouldn’t get the same treatment Kraft got after getting popped during a stroke sess from an paid worker so why we comparing cowboys to pats? Unless yall wanna sell yalls souls like they did I suggest sitting back and creating another thread to think about.

vlad

Reaction score
I don't think anyone can compare themselves to the Patriots in that way. They have BB, that dude is operating so far beyond everyone else. Then add Brady to the mix... It's just different imho

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I highly doubt they would. They let a lot of talent walk so not to overpay.

The trade for Quinn also reminds of me of a move the Pats would make.

I know we are not near the Pats level, but we may be getting close in terms of roster and cap management.

With each day that passes, I'm beginning to warm up to the idea on letting Tank walk.

The Patriots would have made the decision 2 years ago and had a game plan. They traded Richard Seymour in his prime. They know who they want long before the contracts expire. You never see them put in a bind by a player.

Brooksey

Reaction score
No but they have Tom Brady. When Tom leaves they may keep a D-Law and be looking for different ways to win games

Reactions: CWR

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No but they have Tom Brady. When Tom leaves they may keep a D-Law and be looking for different ways to win games

Yes. DLAW has won us so many games....... he really rises to the occasion in January. He's a real difference maker. :facepalm:

.......and the dude wants 20% more than Von Miller. He's not even in that area code.

king987

Reaction score
Lawrence would already have a bus ticket out of town if he played for New England. Wanting 22.5 million per year (reportedly) while nursing an injury that will sideline him 3-4 months post surgery? I don't think Belichick would think twice about such a decision. That's why I'm not (yet) giving Dallas much flack over this contract negotiation.

rags747

Reaction score
Trade him for a 2nd please, not worth $85m guaranteed, he may have 2 double digit years left, Maybe. After that it’s old and broken down.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
They have Brady. We have Dak.
Brady is the sum of the parts; Dak is a part of the sum.
Give us Brady, and I'd let Tank walk too.
well lets ask why and how do they have brady, ?? any team could have drafted him, he wasnt even on jones boys board.
why do they have belichek?? any team including jones boys could have hired him back then.

nobody saw anything in either of the 2 at the time , and now they are legends. So give Kraft and whoever the GM was back then
some credit for those 2 legends.
Belichek also saw something in brady who wasnt all that good back then, to keep him playing over bledsoe, who got healthy and could
have came back as starter. I think he even did for 1 game when brady got banged up, then Bill went back to brady again.

So Jones boys or mostly Jerry back then are genius, but they passed on and didnt even notice those 2 when they could have been had.
Jerry had campo or gaily , so who needs this belichek guy lol.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Lawrence probably would have been traded after his second or third year. Maybe even cut. Remember this guy was not good in the beginning.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Yes. DLAW has won us so many games....... he really rises to the occasion in January. He's a real difference maker. :facepalm:

.......and the dude wants 20% more than Von Miller. He's not even in that area code.

:rolleyes: I never said anything about paying him that much or anything about DLaw winning us games. The point I made is when you have Tom Brady you can let a lot of other people walk, guy doesn't need much. Settle down big guy

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:rolleyes: I never said anything about paying him that much or anything about DLaw winning us games. The point I made is when you have Tom Brady you can let a lot of other people walk, guy doesn't need much. Settle down big guy

My point is that he has not proven to be a difference maker. He's not Von Miller who got paid after he put Denver on his back and lead them to a super bowl.