Would you add Desean Jackson?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
When your trying too look smart but don't realize zeke went 4th not 5th
Sorry I had too lmao...also zeke has had more carries then any back since he's been in? Our coaches might not be the best but let's cool the team bashing we built a promising young core.
Oh we haven't won a bowl in a while 13 of 32 franchises never won so look at things in context.

I dont look at things in the context of other teams failures.

As far as the team, I believe personnel wise, things might have turned a corner.

Issues remain.

Sydla

Reaction score
SInce we're developing a young team and letting them grow together, exactly what is it that you think we need him for?

Oh so we can't have a few older players on this team? The "we can't have Player Y because he's too old and we are a young team" is as dumb an argument as the inevitable "he's a progress stopper" argument we see every year too.

Here's what we would need him for if the price was right - he'd immediately be one of our best WRs on a team that is desperate for WR help. People are significantly overrating how good our WR corps is.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys may be looking to add another speedy wide receiver as training camp begins. Should the team attempt to land DeSean Jackson?

The Dallas Cowboys have a pretty large crop of wide receivers however none of them will really draw double teams or a lot of attention. Defenders will likely be content to sit in man coverage and take a chance on any of these guys breaking free.

While that my workout for the Cowboys it still seems like they are missing a piece in this receiving corps. DeSean Jacksonhas not really clicked with Jameis Winston and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers could be looking to cut ties with the speedy receiver.

After an abysmal 2017 which was not all on DJax rather the Buc’s offensive play calling, the team could be looking to sell Jackson and get a draft pick in return. The Buccaneers have a ton of young wide receivers who are hungry and looking for opportunities.

Finish here vvvvvvvvvv

https://sportdfw.com/2018/06/19/dallas-cowboys-trade-desean-jackson/?ref=SPORGWIRE.com

We have zero luck with former Iggles players. Kick his old *** to the curb:muttley:

Big_D

Reaction score
Hell No!! He definitely goes against the grain of being an RKG and he's not a very smart football player. I like the group of receivers without Jackson more than I like them with him. Plus he's 31. That's been the problem for years. overpaying an older player and showing a young player the door? Makes no sense at all.

Sydla

Reaction score
Hell No!! He definitely goes against the grain of being an RKG and he's not a very smart football player. I like the group of receivers without Jackson more than I like them with him. Plus he's 31. That's been the problem for years. overpaying an older player and showing a young player the door? Makes no sense at all.

This argument would make sense if we were actually going to kick a good young player out the door for him.

In other words, if the Bucs just decide to cut him and we signed him for a fairly reasonable contract, we wouldn't be kicking Gallup or some other young WR out the door. We'd probably send someone like Deonte Thompson packing.

Would you lament the loss of Deonte Thompson for Desean Jackson?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Oh so we can't have a few older players on this team? The "we can't have Player Y because he's too old and we are a young team" is as dumb an argument as the inevitable "he's a progress stopper" argument we see every year too.

Here's what we would need him for if the price was right - he'd immediately be one of our best WRs on a team that is desperate for WR help. People are significantly overrating how good our WR corps is.

He is a progress stopper and older than Thompson whom many of you seem to think is OUR deep threat. Plus, he appears to be problematic.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't think we have a real deep threat. I'm not convinced Desean is still one - at least not enough of one to put up with his ish.

I don't know if Jackson still has that same speed either. We don't need him. We'll have enough trouble whittling away at the WR spot.

Sydla

Reaction score
He is a progress stopper and older than Thompson whom many of you seem to think is OUR deep threat. Plus, he appears to be problematic.

I don't think Thompson is our deep threat. Frankly, I am not sure we have a true deep threat. We have a couple of guys that can run fast though.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
I don't think Thompson is our deep threat. Frankly, I am not sure we have a true deep threat. We have a couple of guys that can run fast though.
Welp. We know Dez wasn't a deep threat (or even a threat to run the right route for all that matters). So those guys that run fast will be fun to watch this year.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Desean had a catch rate of 55.56% last year, slightly better than Dez but hardly good. And he had exactly two receptions longer than 29 yards all season in 2017. His yards per reception were a career-low 13.4. All signs would point to him being on the downside of his career.

Big_D

Reaction score
This argument would make sense if we were actually going to kick a good young player out the door for him.

In other words, if the Bucs just decide to cut him and we signed him for a fairly reasonable contract, we wouldn't be kicking Gallup or some other young WR out the door. We'd probably send someone like Deonte Thompson packing.

Would you lament the loss of Deonte Thompson for Desean Jackson?

What's the price difference? Both guys were in the 50 to 60 catch range and you could probably cut that down to about 25 here. Not a lot of passes headed their way with Gallup, Hurns, Beasley, Austin, Elliott, Williams the TEs.. lot of mouths to feed. Don't see the need for Jackson here. But I'm betting he costs more than Thompson's 1.8?

Sydla

Reaction score
What's the price difference? Both guys were in the 50 to 60 catch range and you could probably cut that down to about 25 here. Not a lot of passes headed their way with Gallup, Hurns, Beasley, Austin, Elliott, Williams the TEs.. lot of mouths to feed. Don't see the need for Jackson here. But I'm betting he costs more than Thompson's 1.8?

Thompson has never sniffed 50 catches in his NFL career.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Not to mention, that as a fan. I want the team to, idk try and win a championship.....

It’s not out of the realm of possibility this season or next.