Would you add Desean Jackson?

Sydla

Reaction score
Yeah I mean I'd love to sit here and say Gallup is gonna be a beast and Hurns is going to be what he was two years ago and Beasley is going back to what he was two years ago...but that's a wish and a hope. As of now we only have Hurns and Beasley and I'm not even sure of what they may bring.

Frankly, I am hoping/praying Gallup is a beast. This WR corps needs him to be that rarity - an instant impact rookie WR.

ESisback

Reaction score
They have played. Beasley is a nice slot WR. Hurns is a good/quality mid-level WR. Austin has largely been a bust but could have some value here in certain situations. Thompson is what he is.......... a 29 year old who has never caught more than 38 balls in a season. And we all know what Williams is.

The only real unknowns at this point are Gallup and Wilson. Wilson is probably fighting for that 6th WR spot with Thompson, Lenoir and Brown. Gallup is the one real "unknown" at this point that could make this WR better than it likely is on paper.

I meant let ‘em play a few with THIS team—these players and coaches and scheme and circumstances. Many many players have been plain toast for years, then flourished in a different environment. A decent veteran at a decent price probably WOULD help, as long as it didn’t hinder a young players development. But a declining, 32 year old PUNK for 10 or 11 mil? No thanks!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Frankly, I am hoping/praying Gallup is a beast. This WR corps needs him to be that rarity - an instant impact rookie WR.
Yeah we do. And to his credit....everything I've read...sure makes it seem like he's on the right track to be one.

Verdict

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys may be looking to add another speedy wide receiver as training camp begins. Should the team attempt to land DeSean Jackson?

The Dallas Cowboys have a pretty large crop of wide receivers however none of them will really draw double teams or a lot of attention. Defenders will likely be content to sit in man coverage and take a chance on any of these guys breaking free.

While that my workout for the Cowboys it still seems like they are missing a piece in this receiving corps. DeSean Jacksonhas not really clicked with Jameis Winston and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers could be looking to cut ties with the speedy receiver.

After an abysmal 2017 which was not all on DJax rather the Buc’s offensive play calling, the team could be looking to sell Jackson and get a draft pick in return. The Buccaneers have a ton of young wide receivers who are hungry and looking for opportunities.

Finish here vvvvvvvvvv

https://sportdfw.com/2018/06/19/dallas-cowboys-trade-desean-jackson/?ref=SPORGWIRE.com

No. That would be like eliminating your cancer (Dez) and then injecting yourself with AIDS. Just don't do it.!!

Pants

Reaction score
Jackson? he can't start for teams that require good WR and now he is old (relatively speaking, of course)...why would dallas even consider him with the youth movement that has been going on...

no, just no

Jipper

Reaction score
A player like Jackson would ruin the young players on this team ...........

I agree...and I would absolutely hate adding him....roll with the young guys and let Beasley and hurns lead

Dwight

Reaction score
He's quite possibly the dumbest football player I've ever watched.

Keep him away.

Jackson can’t be as dumb as Irving (DT).

If he is cut and if his salary demand is reasonable I would not have an issue with team signing him.

HungryLion

Reaction score
mqvlh.jpg

Sydla

Reaction score
Jackson? he can't start for teams that require good WR and now he is old (relatively speaking, of course)...why would dallas even consider him with the youth movement that has been going on...

no, just no

He can’t start? He started 13 of the 14 games he played last year and 15 of 15 the year before.

It’s humorous watching people seemingly create made up arguments about players when they just don’t want them.

School

Reaction score
If the price is right, I'd absolutely bring him in. A guy who can threaten deep and make plays downfield is desperately needed on this team, and Jackson has been one of the best at creating separation downfield. It's not his fault he's played with two poor deep passers in Cousins and Winston.

The front office knows they need a guy like this too, which is why they made that honest offer to Sammy Watkins.

Johnny23

Reaction score
No. We got a pile of young guys w/ good talent. Adding a moronic aging malcontent would be stooopid.
wrong sir, we have an aging journeyman in Thompson, T-Will,Beas, two holdovers not getting any younger, Hurns an injury prone one hit wonder when Jacksonville was busy playing catch up, a rookie with potential in Gallup, and a couple late rounders in Wilson and Brown who are practice squad fodder. And then a massive draft bust they're hyping up in Austin who was never that good to begin with in the pros. now with the inept crew of coaches it is like he will blow up in dallas.

The talent isn't nearly as good as people are trying to spin it because they soured on you know who.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys may be looking to add another speedy wide receiver as training camp begins. Should the team attempt to land DeSean Jackson?

The Dallas Cowboys have a pretty large crop of wide receivers however none of them will really draw double teams or a lot of attention. Defenders will likely be content to sit in man coverage and take a chance on any of these guys breaking free.

While that my workout for the Cowboys it still seems like they are missing a piece in this receiving corps. DeSean Jacksonhas not really clicked with Jameis Winston and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers could be looking to cut ties with the speedy receiver.

After an abysmal 2017 which was not all on DJax rather the Buc’s offensive play calling, the team could be looking to sell Jackson and get a draft pick in return. The Buccaneers have a ton of young wide receivers who are hungry and looking for opportunities.

Finish here vvvvvvvvvv

https://sportdfw.com/2018/06/19/dallas-cowboys-trade-desean-jackson/?ref=SPORGWIRE.com

I would not add jackson.

He had his career. Its over. Move on.

ESisback

Reaction score
wrong sir, we have an aging journeyman in Thompson, T-Will,Beas, two holdovers not getting any younger, Hurns an injury prone one hit wonder when Jacksonville was busy playing catch up, a rookie with potential in Gallup, and a couple late rounders in Wilson and Brown who are practice squad fodder. And then a massive draft bust they're hyping up in Austin who was never that good to begin with in the pros. now with the inept crew of coaches it is like he will blow up in dallas.

The talent isn't nearly as good as people are trying to spin it because they soured on you know who.

OK, so we suck! We’re doomed! Is that your comfort zone?