Would you be disappointed if we drafted Felix Jones at 22?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2031270 said:
No, I really don't.

well I predict that it will heavily weigh to the "yes" side

seems noone is happy about the thought of him in the 1st round

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I voted no I would not be disappointed however that is not an easy question considering we don't know who else is on the board at 22.

ddh33

Reaction score
The team has a need at that position. Felix Jones looks like a great fit. He also has value in the area Dallas will be picking in. What's the problem?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Doomsday101;2031275 said:
I voted no I would not be disappointed however that is not an easy question considering we don't know who else is on the board at 22.
That's fine. But I can't see any possible scenario where I'd be happy with taking him at 22. If you can, then you voted appropriately.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I voted no, but that is only because I think it depends on what is available and what will be available at 28.

I really know so little about him that I cant give an honest opinion.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
so we'd draft a back up rb to team up with another back up rb? no thanks, i'd take Ray Rice over felix and Rice is at the bottom of my list for running backs for the boys.

heir

Reaction score
theogt;2031267 said:
Just curious as to the general consensus here.

It is hard to say. We have no idea who is still available at that spot. I voted no

Eskimo

Reaction score
I don't think he is an everydown back in this league as he is not a tough enough inside runner.

First round picks have to yield productive starters for us to manage our cap problems. We cannot be using them on part-time or complimentary players. That is what late round picks, UDFAs or FA vets are for.

We should only be spending a first rounder on a RB if that is our RB of the future and we are letting MB3 walk next year (or alternatively, trading him this year - hopefully for a mid-first rounder).

Eskimo

Reaction score
theogt;2031267 said:
Just curious as to the general consensus here.

The concensus will be that if that is the pick, 95% of the board will love it irrespective of what they say now.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
theogt;2031286 said:
That's fine. But I can't see any possible scenario where I'd be happy with taking him at 22. If you can, then you voted appropriately.

If Dallas were to get Jones I think chances are it would be with the 28th pick. As for the 22nd pick as I said for me it would depend on who is on the board. We don't know if there will be an early run on CB's in the draft that could play a role on who Dallas selects. The draft is so unpredictable it is hard to know. I do think Felix Jones is a very good player and he clearly helps fill a need for the team.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Eskimo;2031302 said:
The concensus will be that if that is the pick, 95% of the board will love it irrespective of what they say now.

sad but true commentary

Shady12

Reaction score
No. I like backs you could get at the end of the second better, so a big no. For example Jamaal Charles. He'd be a bad pick there just because he's not considered a possibility that high..But what in the world makes Jones better than him? Charles proved a heck of a lot more at the same level of competition and got more of a chance to show he's a complete back. I think he has better vision and quickness, both are known for speed but Charles times a lot faster..and is a good inside runner, something that seems to be a huge question with Jones. Not sure what would make Jones considered to be a borderline first rounder by draftniks but Charles who seems more complete and has less questions is not. I'm not making a case for Charles being someone who is drafted in the first round, but if he's not, Jones certainly isn't.

Dodger

Indomitable
Reaction score
I'm still hoping one of the top 3 or 4 corners will drop a bit to #22. Not likely, I know, but that's the position I'd like to see addressed with the 22nd pick...if there's still value there, that is.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I would be very disappointed. IMO, Felix Jones is not the 22nd best player in this draft. That's just my opinion but if Barber is our guy, and I think that he is, then I am not in favor of drafting any RB who is only ever going to be a back-up in the 1st round.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;2031329 said:
I would be very disappointed. IMO, Felix Jones is not the 22nd best player in this draft. That's just my opinion but if Barber is our guy, and I think that he is, then I am not in favor of drafting any RB who is only ever going to be a back-up in the 1st round.
How do you feel about charles. Cause you know im sold on him. What about maybe slate

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2031333 said:
How do you feel about charles. Cause you know im sold on him. What about maybe slate

I like Charles. You know that. I really like Slaton because he represents a 4th Rd pick, or so, and I believe he can provide what is needed to supplement Barber. However, Charles, IMO, is also a very good compliment. He will just be more expensive.

Woods

Reaction score
No, I would consider him at 28 or early 2nd round if we trade down.

Personally, I would rather take Rice at 28 than F Jones at 22. I think at 28 or in the 2nd round we can still get a very good RB.

I hope we draft Cason at 22.