Would you be disappointed if we drafted Felix Jones at 22?

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sarge;2035912 said:
I can live with him in the 2nd, NO WAY in the first, either pick...

Well Sarge, Felix Jones won't be there in the second round.

Ourlads has him as the 4th best back and Kiper has him the 3rd best back.

Felix Jones will be chosen in the 1st round.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Silverstar;2035872 said:
What do you care if we pass on a CB anyway...isn't Pacman going to save the day?

If you're soooo concerned about missing a potential elite CB at #22, then why do you have Jonathan Stewart (backup RB?) there and then James Hardy next...ahead of Tracy Porter in your mock?

What does Stewart bring to the table that MBIII doesn't anyway?

Injuries?

Will Hardy (a rookie WR) be able to move the chains more, put the offense in better field position or score more TD's than Jones (a rookie RB/KR)?

Since Hardy can't return kicks and WR's take longer to develop...the answer is a resounding NO.

Your mock contradicts the point you're making about drafting CB's. If you feel that strongly about taking a CB in the 1st (LIKE I DO) you might wanna change your mock.

Do as I say, not as I do? ;)

Actually, I'm indeed planning to update my draft at the end of the week. I was expecting the Pacman deal to be through by now, so I knew what pick we were giving up. I'm about ready to give up on Johnathan Stewart in the first, since unlike most, I have full confidence in Barber's abilities to carry the load.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
dbair1967;2035237 said:
Lots of people have him rated there...Some people just cant accept it though

PFW had him rated as a middle of the pack kinda CB when their magazine came out, the draft guide bumped him up some, though nowhere near the first rd

David

To me, the problem with Cason is that once you get passed the top three CBs, your choice is Talib or Cason if you want one. Talib represents a risk because of his past history. To me, that pushes Cason up the board. If you want a CB, you gotta get one in the 1st or early in the 2nd IMO. I high to mid second is about right for Cason but I don't know if he will make it to 61. I look at every team in the NFL and all of them can use a smart DB with skills. Every one of them. It's hard to invision him lasting but I hope he does.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2035958 said:
Well Sarge, Felix Jones won't be there in the second round.

Ourlads has him as the 4th best back and Kiper has him the 3rd best back.

Felix Jones will be chosen in the 1st round.

Actually Mike, I don't know that he will be. Backs almost always slip. I don't know that there are 3 to 4 teams that need a back enough to spend a 1st round pick on them. I think he will be there in the 2nd. JMO

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I hope Felix Jones doesn't visit this board, or read this thread. :eek::

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
I've bashed Gosselin a billion times and will a billion more, but he's usually at least in the ballpark on the draft, even two weeks before. He seems to think Felix would be a good pick at #22.

http://www.***BANNED-URL***/video/dallasnews/cowboys_gen/index.html?nvid=236267&shu=1