Would you be disappointed if we drafted Felix Jones at 22?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2034554 said:
:signmast:

Ask Devin Hester if All-American KR go in the 1st round. =)

While I don't think that Cason could return like Hester, Cason could damn sure play CB which is something that Hester can't.

I wouldn't be sad with Cason in the 1st.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2034530 said:
Anyone who thinks that Antoine Cason is a 2nd rounder shouldn't be making remarks.

Cason has more of a chance to be a 1st rounder than Johnson... but even as it stands right now Cason isn't a lock to be an automatic "first rounder" like several other of the corners are.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
running better than 2 to 1 theogt. Nice poll.

We need CBs more than RBs. And we need a WR. Hopefully that gets filled with a FA. I'd say that runs 10 to 1. We'll find a RB in the second or later. We need some CBs and some safeties.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Thehoofbite;2034558 said:
While I don't think that Cason could return like Hester, Cason could damn sure play CB which is something that Hester can't.

I wouldn't be sad with Cason in the 1st.

I was talking about CJ when i was said All-American KR.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2034554 said:
:signmast:

Ask Devin Hester if All-American KR go in the 1st round. =)

I'm really starting to think you know nothing about football, either that or you're just too lazy to check facts before making a statement.

Devin was taken in the 2nd round, not the 1st.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
While I'd like to see CB and WR in round 1 and a backup RB in round 2, I'll play devil's advocate one more time.

Felix Jones earned enough playing time and carries to build the reputation as the 3rd or 4th best running back in the draft, and he did it while playing behind supposedly a superblue chipper who may be the best player in the entire draft, a guy many would want us to select if we had the #1 overall pick.

Now, that's fairly impressive...not in McFadden's league, but impressive for a guy we're considering taking at the bottom of round 1.

It's all conjecture, but consider what Felix Jones's stats and status might be today if McFadden had attended a different school.

With the numbers he may have put up, would we then consider taking him with the #22 or #28 pick? A guy with that ability and somewhat fresh legs...interesting unless a higher rated CB is still on the board when we go on the clock.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theogt;2034530 said:
Anyone who thinks that Antoine Cason is a 2nd rounder shouldn't be making remarks.

Kiper has Cason going to Dallas allright...

But it's with the 61st pick of the draft.

I do believe that's the second round.

Yes, you can consider yourself schooled. :D

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2034530 said:

He's probably gonna be a 2nd rounder

Sorry, but its gonna happen

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2035225 said:
Kiper has Cason going to Dallas allright...

But it's with the 61st pick of the draft.

I do believe that's the second round.

Yes, you can consider yourself schooled. :D

Lots of people have him rated there...Some people just cant accept it though

PFW had him rated as a middle of the pack kinda CB when their magazine came out, the draft guide bumped him up some, though nowhere near the first rd

David

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;2035233 said:
He's probably gonna be a 2nd rounder

Sorry, but its gonna happen

David
If he's on the board at 30, he's going to the Packers.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Cason, Flowers, Charles and CJ are all low 1st high second level values. I doubt either one is on many teams's top 20 on their draft board. I dont think Felix Jones is either. There are only two top 20 RBs and 2, maybe 3 CB's. Jenkins and Talib have too many questions surrounding them.

Unless we get someone to drop to 22 then i would like to see us trade out or use it to get Boldin or 85. and then get the best of the second tier guys. where were stiing i dont think that there is that much of a difference in talent from the 28 to 40 considering the players that we are targeting.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;2035237 said:
Lots of people have him rated there...Some people just cant accept it though

PFW had him rated as a middle of the pack kinda CB when their magazine came out, the draft guide bumped him up some, though nowhere near the first rd

David

I'm one.

I can't bear the thought of passing on a guy like Cason -who I feel is starting cornerback material - for a frickin' part-time, complimentary running back like Felix Jones.

The thought makes me ill.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I voted that I would be dissapointed at 22. It really has little to do with Felix and more to do with the 22 spot. He can be had later and so it would be reaching.

That doesn't mean that he won't be a good player or that I wouldn't like him on the team.

IOW, he could be a pro bowler next year but taking him at 22 in this draft would still have been a reach.

jimmy40

Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2031344 said:
I'm all for a Texas draft this year. I would take three UT players if we could do it. Sweed, Charles, and Okam should find there way onto our team. Don't think that we can get Sweed though.
I bet Dallas puked on his keyboard when he read that.

Silverstar

Reaction score
TheCount;2034522 said:
You wouldn't be disappointed if we take a backup RB first after all your just said about our secondary?

I wouldn't be disappointed if we took Felix Jones first.

Jones will be more than a backup RB....get it?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Silverstar;2035816 said:
I wouldn't be disappointed if we took Felix Jones first.

Jones will be more than a backup RB....get it?

Is he going to play corner too?

Because imagine we pass on a CB to take Felix, and that CB ends up being the next Antonio Cromartie. You want to go through that twice? The elite CB depth in this draft is a lot smaller than the backup RB/special teams RB depth.

Silverstar

Reaction score
TheCount;2035835 said:
Is he going to play corner too?

Because imagine we pass on a CB to take Felix, and that CB ends up being the next Antonio Cromartie. You want to go through that twice? The elite CB depth in this draft is a lot smaller than the backup RB/special teams RB depth.

What do you care if we pass on a CB anyway...isn't Pacman going to save the day?

If you're soooo concerned about missing a potential elite CB at #22, then why do you have Jonathan Stewart (backup RB?) there and then James Hardy next...ahead of Tracy Porter in your mock?

What does Stewart bring to the table that MBIII doesn't anyway?

Injuries?

Will Hardy (a rookie WR) be able to move the chains more, put the offense in better field position or score more TD's than Jones (a rookie RB/KR)?

Since Hardy can't return kicks and WR's take longer to develop...the answer is a resounding NO.

Your mock contradicts the point you're making about drafting CB's. If you feel that strongly about taking a CB in the 1st (LIKE I DO) you might wanna change your mock.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can live with him in the 2nd, NO WAY in the first, either pick...