Twitter: Would you be in favor of Kaep backing up Dak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png
:lmao:

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I wouldn't, but it has nothing to do with his politics, and just his skill level and the amount of distraction he'd cause. But all of this is moot, Jerry would not sign him for political reasons.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
100%

spends more time and money helping others than any nfl player I can think of.

I realize what I'm about to say is very, overly critical, but what bothered me about his initial position, was that he really wasn't involved with any charities before. It's his money and his time, and he can certainly do what he wants with both, and he certainly should not care what I think, but if you have the resources he has, and the platform, don't just complain about a problem do something about it. Donate money to improve inter city schools, start after school programs to keep kids out of trouble, donate your time to programs that allow police officers and inner city kids to interact in a positive manner, so the two groups don't see each other as threats. There was so much he could have been doing, besides not standing. And if he was doing some of this prior, and decided to not stand, in order to bring attention to his charities, then I'd be 100% behind him. But when he was asked, and could only respond with what he planned to do in the future.

At least he followed through with what he said, which is why I don't have a personal problem with him, I just don't think he's a good QB.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
60% passing and a 89 rating are not really great arguments FOR a player, Fuzzy.

For a backup QB they certainly are; they compare favorably with every backup QB we have had since Kosar. That goes double when you looks at Noodles stats.

I am looking to get better not form a Young Republicans chapter.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/3e34ab24-9a96-33e1-9da1-301a46b335e5/ss_cowboys-news:-colin.html

The Cowboys have been pretty open about the possibility of signing a veteran QB to back up Dak Prescott. And while the official position in Dallas seems to be, "Not a fit", Archer wonders why arguably the best available free agent QB wouldn't be a good fit in Dallas.

There has been plenty of discussion across the league about Colin Kaepernick not having a job yet. I asked around on Kaepernick, and the answer was, “Not a fit.” Why not? There would not be a significant investment required to sign him. His game would seem to be more in line with what Prescott does than what Moore does. Of course, Moore has the blessings of offensive coordinator Scott Linehan, so that helps. Kaepernick went 1-10 last year with the San Francisco 49ers, but he had 16 touchdown passes and four interceptions. Kaepernick is still young enough and has big-game experience.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I'll take him. I'd trust him a lot more in 2-3 games than I would Moore. But if it's any extended period of time that Dak is out we need to give Romo a call.

Status
Not open for further replies.