Twitter: Would you be in favor of Kaep backing up Dak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I'll take him. I'd trust him a lot more in 2-3 games than I would Moore. But if it's any extended period of time that Dak is out we need to give Romo a call.

I don't believe Romo would come back to play a couple of games, only if he's starter. But you never know.

JBond

Reaction score
Bring him in. Dallas has never been concerned with character and Kap has promised to knock of the idiotic stuff. There is always a spotlight on Dallas, so they are used to media. He gives us the best insurance possible, outside of Romo.

Sydla

Reaction score
Sure.

I always chuckle at posters around here that on one hand talk about how great Garrett is and what a great culture he's built then when we are linked to a "bad seed" player they freak out about how he'd be bad for the clubhouse culture.

If Garrett has built this great culture, then adding a guy like Kap should be no threat at all. If a backup QB can cause ripples or rip apart a clubhouse, then Garrett isn't the genius culture guy some here claim.

Satchel89

Reaction score
No circus. I like Kap and think he'd make a better backup than Moore. But this team needs a nice stress free environment. Turmoil has destroyed similar Dallas teams too often. TO, Tank and Pacman, Hardy. Always blows up in their face.
Definitely. This team is always under the microscope and they don't need anything else to add to that

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
The "not a fit" mantra is a familiar refrain throughout the league, certainly not just singularly in Dallas. It's a mantra that is being repeated time and time again by teams that don't want to chance being exposed to negative attention. When it comes to signing Kaepernick, NFL GMs seem to agree that ''you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.'' I think a team's level of desperation for a QB might have to be of catastrophic proportions before a team will be inclined to make that leap. At least, at this juncture, it sure looks that way.

Pants

Reaction score
Backlash examples

A) Jerry Jones pays $300k to send a bunch of policeman from Arkansas to a game in Dallas, all expenses paid
B) That frizzy-haired clown kneels to protest what he believes to be police brutality, and thus disrespects the American flag and the USA

Jerry is OK with "A", can't see the team's brand being touched by "B"

Gooch

E-Dog
Reaction score
From what I've read, advocacy is his primary motivation, not football. I think he would love to be on the cowboys because of the coverage that generates. That being said, if football is secondary, then no thank you.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Nope...he can take a knee somewhere else! The dude is garbage.
Why do people act like the whole "police brutality" thing didn't happen? I am sure someone will sprint to an example or two of it being blown out of proportion to discredit the entire notion as if that means it doesn't or never happens.

To all you haters of Kap the messenger. Yes, he has diminished skills. Yes, his socks that had police pictured in a bad way was awful. None of that make his protest not true. None of it takes away his right to peacefully protest.

The vast majority of police officers are fantastic people and true up holders of the law, but to pretend like there is not a different experience for minorities during police encounters is naive, and somewhat offensive.

CWR

Reaction score
It's pretty easy to say no right now but if Dak went down I think Id like our odds of doing something better with Kap then Moore. However, it really all depends how he handles being a back up and if hes a good team guy.

shabazz

Reaction score
Nope...he can take a knee somewhere else! The dude is garbage.

I agree but it's a damn shame though because he would have been the best backup we have had since Romo. Of course that why he is still available. He'd probably be a better fit in the people's republic of Seattle. Fits that culture better than others

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Would never happen here
I'd like to get $1 million against anyone who thinks that Jerry would. If not a million, I'd like to get a sig or avatar bet. It's so ridiculous, this would be easy money.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2017/...p-anthem-protest-because-its-distraction.html

See comments below.....hundreds of negative comments by posters not one (1) pro Kapernick comment. He would be destroyed by the fans here ( save the 1-2% that don't really care ).

Last edited:

diefree666

Reaction score
he is an opportunistic POS. If he had these beliefs for years he did nothing. A nd if he suddenly BELIEVES, well I have my doubts about that.

How many of those who wanted him have in the past wanted to bring Vick in?

In other words those with no real morality.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
I'm for Kap because we have a better chance to win with him under center than with Moore. It's all about winning. Do whatever it takes to be able to win. I know a lot of people feel insulted over what Kap did, but no one could possibly say what he did was worse than what Greg Hardy did. We've signed other players who have done way worse than what Kap did. Sign him. Put in his contract that the kneeling down for the anthem thing is over. Problem solved. We get the best backup QB available.

Status
Not open for further replies.