Twitter: Would you be in favor of Kaep backing up Dak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Teammates gave him an award last year and he's been in a super bowl more recently than anyone in this franchise yet he's a cancer lol.

Winning makes up for a lot. If this team had a great season and Kap had to come in for Dak for 4 games or so, winning most of them, and we went on to get a Lombardi, I'd doubt anyone here would be complaining that we signed a guy who didn't act patriotic enough.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And another thing......I don't want to hear this crap about this team not needing any "distractions". Please. This is the Dallas Cowboys. A franchise that considers itself "America's Team". A franchise that has welcomed distractions since its existence. Come up with a better excuse for not looking at Kapernick.

Zordon

Reaction score
Sure.

I always chuckle at posters around here that on one hand talk about how great Garrett is and what a great culture he's built then when we are linked to a "bad seed" player they freak out about how he'd be bad for the clubhouse culture.

If Garrett has built this great culture, then adding a guy like Kap should be no threat at all. If a backup QB can cause ripples or rip apart a clubhouse, then Garrett isn't the genius culture guy some here claim.
lol it's funny, right?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
And another thing......I don't want to hear this crap about this team not needing any "distractions". Please. This is the Dallas Cowboys. A franchise that considers itself "America's Team". A franchise that has welcomed distractions since its existence. Come up with a better excuse for not looking at Kapernick.

He played @ Nevada, Reno....Home to some of the biggest scum bags to walk the planet....and trust me...they worshiped the ground he p!ssed on.:rolleyes:

Good enough????

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Kaepernick is a career 60% passer with a 89 rating. While not great it belies the narrative bandied about.

If he agrees to not become a distraction then I see no issue. People need to get over their politics.

"People need to get over there politics"
Bro! That so wrong in so many ways to be preaching that.
What's next fuzzy ? You gonna tell the ' bitter clingers' to forsake their AR-15/king James version?
People hold "core" beliefs into the very foundation of their persona/ mental make-up, personally, I
myself wouldn't employ an avowed ringleader for ' queer nation' or a rabid fanatic anti-gunner! bigot/ narrow minded, whatever the current label is attached to one with those views,,,color me labeled,my man.

BHendri5

Reaction score
I don't want Kaep

But acting like Moore is better than a guy with 60 games experience, an 89 QB Rating and a Super Bowl appearance is a little bias.

If you separate the off the field stuff entirely...it's impossible to say he is not an upgrade over what we have seen from Moore or a handfulll of starting QBs around the league.

Acting? No I am not acting like Moore is better than Kap, he is better than Kap, period.

robjay04

Reaction score
Acting? No I am not acting like Moore is better than Kap, he is better than Kap, period.

But he's not and you're basing that off of nothing.

I'm not saying Kaep is some great QB but saying an undrafted guy without a single win is better than him is just silly.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

I'm sure they would welcome the distraction if it was actually worth it but this guy is a backup player.

Why would you take this on for a backup player?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

What?! On what planet is Kellen Moore better than Kapernick? The only reason Kellen Moore has a job in this league is because Linehans loyalty. He does nothing better than Kap....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He's a backup here but a starter on 70% of teams in this league.

I would say it's less then that but yeah he could definitely start for some teams.

We don't know his asking price for 1 thing.. If he is wanting 8-9 mill a year then I don't see him signing until that number comes down.

Also, some teams that he could start on may think it's a better strategy to just tank and get high draft picks to possibly get a much better player.

If i'm the Browns there is no way I would risk going 8-8 over potentially losing a top 5 pick.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Somebody sent me an opinion piece by some guy named Clay Travis on this.

here's an excerpt (not my words):

"The five most covered free agents in 21st century sports are: 1. LeBron James (twice) 2. Peyton Manning 3. Bret Favre 4. Kevin Durant and…5. Colin Kaepernick. The first four men are first ballot hall of famers in the NFL and the NBA who all immediately changed title odds to a massive degree when they joined new teams. James brought titles to Miami and Cleveland, Manning took the Broncos to two Super Bowls, winning one, Kevin Durant may well help the Warriors reclaim the crown this year and Bret Favre nearly took the Minnesota Vikings to the Super Bowl as well. The fevered coverage of all four of these men during their free agencies was directly attributable to their football and basketball talents.

The fifth is Colin Kaepernick, who, even if he were signed tomorrow, may not take a snap in an NFL game this fall. In the entire history of sports free agency, no one has ever been covered more who mattered less than Colin Kaepernick.

So how did this happen? How did a guy who was beaten out by Blaine freaking Gabbert in the offseason last year and elected to leave the San Francisco 49ers of his own volition this past spring after going 1-10 on the football field as a starter, become the biggest story in the NFL offseason? How are the three biggest football free agents in the 21st century now Manning, Favre and Kaepernick and how has Kaepernick now received more media attention as a free agent than either Manning or Favre did?.....etc"

I think he'll find a job, btw.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I would say it's less then that but yeah he could definitely start for some teams.

We don't know his asking price for 1 thing.. If he is wanting 8-9 mill a year then I don't see him signing until that number comes down.

Also, some teams that he could start on may think it's a better strategy to just tank and get high draft picks to possibly get a much better player.

If i'm the Browns there is no way I would risk going 8-8 over potentially losing a top 5 pick.

If he's a asking for that much then no. If he's asking for backup money? Yes.

Browns don't have a qb. If Kap can take that mess of a team to 8-8 then they have their quarterback.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Somebody sent me an opinion piece by some guy named Clay Travis on this.

here's an excerpt (not my words):

"The five most covered free agents in 21st century sports are: 1. LeBron James (twice) 2. Peyton Manning 3. Bret Favre 4. Kevin Durant and…5. Colin Kaepernick. The first four men are first ballot hall of famers in the NFL and the NBA who all immediately changed title odds to a massive degree when they joined new teams. James brought titles to Miami and Cleveland, Manning took the Broncos to two Super Bowls, winning one, Kevin Durant may well help the Warriors reclaim the crown this year and Bret Favre nearly took the Minnesota Vikings to the Super Bowl as well. The fevered coverage of all four of these men during their free agencies was directly attributable to their football and basketball talents.

The fifth is Colin Kaepernick, who, even if he were signed tomorrow, may not take a snap in an NFL game this fall. In the entire history of sports free agency, no one has ever been covered more who mattered less than Colin Kaepernick.

So how did this happen? How did a guy who was beaten out by Blaine freaking Gabbert in the offseason last year and elected to leave the San Francisco 49ers of his own volition this past spring after going 1-10 on the football field as a starter, become the biggest story in the NFL offseason? How are the three biggest football free agents in the 21st century now Manning, Favre and Kaepernick and how has Kaepernick now received more media attention as a free agent than either Manning or Favre did?.....etc"

I think he'll find a job, btw.

Well Clay Travis is wrong on a few accounts. He was never beaten out by Gabbert.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He's a backup here but a starter on 70% of teams in this league.
???
Man, that number seems very high, rocyaice.

You're saying he should start on about 22 teams.

IF the fit (offense and long term team plans) was right, then maybe Cleveland, Houston, and possibly Chicago..maybe Jax too.
Who else?

Many think he's not even better than Fitzpatrick--who was also available and nobody really spoke of?
I agree, who is better, would be a matter of opinion. But the point is that he got a backup job.

Last edited:

BHendri5

Reaction score
What?! On what planet is Kellen Moore better than Kapernick? The only reason Kellen Moore has a job in this league is because Linehans loyalty. He does nothing better than Kap....
he is waaaaaaay better than Kap. why do you people think Kap is a QB in this league? Harbaugh made an NFL gimmick offense for him to have some success

BHendri5

Reaction score
But he's not and you're basing that off of nothing.

I'm not saying Kaep is some great QB but saying an undrafted guy without a single win is better than him is just silly.
He has a win and Romo was also undrafted. Kap should not have ever been Drafted. Moore still holds the most wins by a College QB in the NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.