Twitter: Would you be in favor of Kaep backing up Dak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
image.jpg

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
So let me get this straight, people don't understand why the team that wanted to wear these decals in support of their police department after the sniper attacks;

073016+Arm+In+Arm+Seal+Cowboys.jpg

May not want to sign the backup QB who wore these pig cop socks in response to those attacks;

colin-kaepernick-pig-cop-sock-640x480.jpg

lol but this is about kaepernick being unfairly blackballed because he's such a good human being standing up for his beliefs lol gotcha
:clap::clap::clap:

chagus

Reaction score
I wouldn't be against this at all. Aside from the stigma that Kap is attached to ( he has the right to protest or bring to light any issue he wishes, even if its against popular opinion... that's what makes America great to begin with) he is mobile and has succeeded in the NFL. Its not a bad idea. Now, will Jerry see this as good or bad publicity? That's the real question.

robjay04

Reaction score
He has a win and Romo was also undrafted. Kap should not have ever been Drafted. Moore still holds the most wins by a College QB in the NCAA

No he doesn't have a pro win.

College means nothing.

Sorry you're not going to win this. If you feel Moore is a better option, that's fine. It's just not logical based on the data available to us.

DFWJC

Reaction score
From a football perspective.

excerpts from ESPN today

"Kaepernick ranks 30th out of 32 qualifying quarterbacks in Total QBR over the past two seasons. The market for him is indeed low. It's also low for several veteran players ranked higher than him on that QBR list. Cutler (20th) retired. Ryan Fitzpatrick (22nd) remained unsigned until recently. Brock Osweiler (23rd) was exiled to Cleveland."

and this

""You watch him on tape, and he never has been able to progress," a quarterbacks coach says. "Greg Roman and Jim Harbaugh really made him. He needs to run that system. And that system lasted for two years. Washington took the idea and did it with RG III. Colin thrived in that. And then it took defenses one offseason to figure out how to shut it down. That is why you don't see it any more. You get your quarterback belted, so it just isn't a viable option. And then with Colin now, he is slimmer, and he has never been an accurate passer. You take away the element of being able to run the ball, and he can't throw it, I mean, then what do you have left? There are many other better options."

Silver Surfer

Reaction score

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
he is waaaaaaay better than Kap. why do you people think Kap is a QB in this league? Harbaugh made an NFL gimmick offense for him to have some success

And what has Kellen Moore done other than stink it up? Even if what you said was right about Kapernick....even if you feel Kapernick just ran a gimmick offense......what on EARTH has MOORE DONE? He hasn't even done that.

???
Man, that number seems very high, rocyaice.

You're saying he should start on about 22 teams.

IF the fit (offense and long term team plans) was right, then maybe Cleveland, Houston, and possibly Chicago..maybe Jax too.
Who else?

Many think he's not even better than Fitzpatrick--who was also available and nobody really spoke of?
I agree, who is better, would be a matter of opinion. But the point is that he got a backup job.

22 teams? IMO, the only teams in this league with a franchise quarterback are the Cowboys(debatable since Dak only has one year under his belt), Packers, Patriots, Falcons, Saints, Panthers, Seahawks, Raiders, Chargers and Buccaneers. Now you guys will name guys like Anderw Luck, Matthew Stafford, etc. who have done NOTHING with MORE. And maybe those guys are better. But they surely haven't showed it to me and IMO, he should compete with them.

In defense of Kapernick......did anyone see his roster last year?

He literally played with 3rd stringers. He started 11 games and had 16 TD's and 4 interceptions.

Despite his best player on the team being.......Torrey Smith who ended the season on IR? That team was a joke and to be honest i'm not sure how many people would've faired better than he did stats wise.

DFWJC

Reaction score
22 teams? IMO, the only teams in this league with a franchise quarterback are the Cowboys(debatable since Dak only has one year under his belt), Packers, Patriots, Falcons, Saints, Panthers, Seahawks, Raiders, Chargers and Buccaneers. Now you guys will name guys like Anderw Luck, Matthew Stafford, etc. who have done NOTHING with MORE. And maybe those guys are better. But they surely haven't showed it to me and IMO, he should compete with them.

In defense of Kapernick......did anyone see his roster last year?

He literally played with 3rd stringers. He started 11 games and had 16 TD's and 4 interceptions.

Despite his best player on the team being.......Torrey Smith who ended the season on IR? That team was a joke and to be honest i'm not sure how many people would've faired better than he did stats wise.
That's fine, roycaice.
We'll just disagree on how good he is.
I don't think he is clearly better than maybe 3-5 starters in the league. You think it's much more...I think you said 70% (or about 22 ).
I don't even see where defining what is and isn't a "franchise" QB has anything to do with it.
Kind of boggles my mind that you think he's better than Stafford or Luck though.

No big deal. I'm not in the camp flaming the guy, or pumping him either.
He'll find a home somewhere.

He has the 30th best QBR out of 32 eligible QBs over the last two years, fwiw.
I just don't think he's all that good.
if you do, that's fine.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree, who is better, would be a matter of opinion. But the point is that he got a backup job.[/QUOTE]
That's fine, roycaice.
We'll just disagree on how good he is.
I don't think he is clearly better than maybe 3-5 starters in the league. You think it's much more...I think you said 70% (or about 22 ).
I don't even see where defining what is and isn't a "franchise" QB has anything to do with it.
Kind of boggles my mind that you think he's better than Stafford or Luck though.

No big deal. I'm not in the camp flaming the guy, or pumping him either.
He'll find a home somewhere.

He has the 30th best QBR out of 32 eligible QBs over the last two years, fwiw.
I just don't think he's all that good.
if you do, that's fine.

I don't think he's better than Luck or Stafford. Let me rephrase what I originally said. I just think those teams that have those quarterbacks should look at Kapernick. Stafford and Luck have done nothing in this league despite their 1st overall status and overhype.

So if i'm starting a team......and everyone is a free agent? I'd look at Luck or Stafford before I would Kapernick. But if i'm those teams right now? I don't see why I wouldn't take a flyer on Kapernick with those guys as my quarterback.

I saw some Kapernick games last year. One of those games he was terrible. Just bad. I think his QB rating might've been a 10 or something lower. Factor that game in and he still managed to put up 16 TD's and 4 Interceptions.

If Kap sucked last year you wouldn't hear a peep from me. But he was good especially factoring in a TERRIBLE head coach and supporting cast.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
( he has the right to protest or bring to light any issue he wishes, even if its against popular opinion... that's what makes America great to begin with)

And we have the right to not want the piece of human garbage

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Why do people act like the whole "police brutality" thing didn't happen? I am sure someone will sprint to an example or two of it being blown out of proportion to discredit the entire notion as if that means it doesn't or never happens.

To all you haters of Kap the messenger. Yes, he has diminished skills. Yes, his socks that had police pictured in a bad way was awful. None of that make his protest not true. None of it takes away his right to peacefully protest.

The vast majority of police officers are fantastic people and true up holders of the law, but to pretend like there is not a different experience for minorities during police encounters is naive, and somewhat offensive.

First of all, I detest the use of the word "haters". When I disagree with someone, that does not mean I "hate" them. Words have meanings, and hate has a very specific meaning. Calling someone a "hater" for disagreeing with your position is prejudicial and wrong.

Secondly, you've used at least two straw man arguments. Do you really think everyone who doesn't like what Kap did want to deny him his right to protest? Do you really think that people who don't like what Kap did believe that police brutality doesn't happen? Really?

I watch sports to get AWAY from politics. Why does everything have to be about politics and causes? I'm not interested in pink socks, arm bands, stickers on helmets, slogans on shoes etc. I don't want to be told what to think or what cause to support. I just want to watch football. Is that too much to ask?

And finally, (... and its not personal because I don't know you) I don't really care if what I think offends you. I just don't.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I watch sports to get AWAY from politics.
People pick and choose which politics they want with their sports. What most people really mean is they don't want politics that they don't agree with, with their sports. Kaepernick politics bad. Military politics good.

I am sure you don't care what offends me. I don't expect you to. It's also a part of the problem and why Kaepernick exists. It's also easy to not care about something you have no experience with. People also tend to care more about charities that tackle issues personal to them.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
People pick and choose which politics they want with their sports. What most people really mean is they don't want politics that they don't agree with, with their sports. Kaepernick politics bad. Military politics good.

I am sure you don't care what offends me. I don't expect you to. It's also a part of the problem and why Kaepernick exists. It's also easy to not care about something you have no experience with. People also tend to care more about charities that tackle issues personal to them.

You know nothing about me. Let me fill you in on one thing: I've been verbally abused and threatened by a state police officer for merely standing by the side of the road with a camera in my hand at a wreck scene while talking amicably with a local sheriff's officer. So I'm familiar with unfair and abusive treatment by a law officer. So don't tell me about what my experience is or is not. You don't know.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
You know nothing about me. Let me fill you in on one thing: I've been verbally abused and threatened by a state police officer for merely standing by the side of the road with a camera in my hand at a wreck scene while talking amicably with a local sheriff's officer. So I'm familiar with unfair and abusive treatment by a law officer. So don't tell me about what my experience is or is not. You don't know.
Verbally abusive and threatened by police officers? You think that's what this is about? No, I don't know you, but if you are equating that experience to what the protest is about, or the treatment of minorities in society in general, then I know enough about you to make my opinion valid.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
No way. Too much baggage. That guy has such a huge ego & absolutely no respect for anyone but himself. The Cowboy's front office finally cleaned this team up since the Owens days. Let's stay classy and young.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

And the Staff does not care WHAT politics You or Otherscare for.

Follow the rules.

NO POLITICS ON THIS FORUM.
#7 - You will not post political discussions or comments.

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Verbally abusive and threatened by police officers? You think that's what this is about? No, I don't know you, but if you are equating that experience to what the protest is about, or the treatment of minorities in society in general, then I know enough about you to make my opinion valid.

When you talk of "a different experience for minorities", are you suggesting all negative interactions with the police are violent? So apparently I need to take a bullet from the police to have any cred? Got it. Here's how I reduced the chance of escalating the conflict: I didn't flee when he approached me and I complied with his directions. No guarantees of a favorable outcome, but I like to think it improved my chances.

Since you seem have all the knowledge about the reasons for the protest and the "treatment of minorities in society in general", why be coy? Why not just spit it out, so that all the knuckleheads like me can understand?

On second thought, never mind... I thought this thread was about Kaepernick and how his protest affected his marketability to NFL GMs. To you... this appears to be all about race. Too bad. I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.