Would you be in favor of trading 4th round pick for DT?

CPanther95

Reaction score
Defensive 1 tech tackles aren’t premium NFL commodities except for the top 10 or 15 players. I seriously doubt there are teams out there wanting to trade away an elite player right before the season.

True, that's why they probably should have addressed it before now. If it were a concern, or priority, they probably would have.

I think they're sticking with the "Zeke will keep our defense off the field" strategy.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
this is silly stuff. first of all, do you guys really hate picks? second of all, do you guys really think we are 1 or 2 players away from doing anything resembling sniffing the SB?

you do this kind of stuff if you think you are 1 or 2 players away. we were there once, threw it away to revamp the defense.

we are not close, keep our picks, keep our cap low. realize reality, things are even keel right now. Lets see how things play out first. Hate to bust the bubble, but thats reality. just sit back and enjoy it.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Look guys, we aren’t getting a big DT. How many chances and how many years have we had the opportunity? We could have done it at any time. Marinelli wants DE that can play DT as well. He wants to rotate smaller lighter players in the middle and depend on LB more to stop the run if they get through the middle.

T-RO

Reaction score
this is silly stuff. first of all, do you guys really hate picks? second of all, do you guys really think we are 1 or 2 players away from doing anything resembling sniffing the SB?

you do this kind of stuff if you think you are 1 or 2 players away. we were there once, threw it away to revamp the defense.

we are not close, keep our picks, keep our cap low. realize reality, things are even keel right now. Lets see how things play out first. Hate to bust the bubble, but thats reality. just sit back and enjoy it.

Yes...if Dak plays well and we get positive results from some of our new players...we absolutely can go the Super Bowl. That’s my belief. We were 13-3 in 2016 and have a much better roster now.

As for “throwing it away to revamp” I don’t know what you are talking about. Our ‘17 defense was better than the ‘16 d...and that’s with the kiddie corp. They are growing into men.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
We know he likes Irving and Collins when they are healthy and completely sound. They aren’t.
Irving isn't a 1T. They already traded for his replacement with Ward. Collins will be back in another week or so. He's also a 3T. He can play 1T although a lot of you don't even like him there.

T-RO

Reaction score
Look guys, we aren’t getting a big DT. How many chances and how many years have we had the opportunity? We could have done it at any time. Marinelli wants DE that can play DT as well. He wants to rotate smaller lighter players in the middle and depend on LB more to stop the run if they get through the middle.

When teams lose players they were counting on...it’s not infrequent those teams make moves to replace them. I’m not talking about us getting a 330 pounder.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

I see no reason we can't contend for a Superbowl this year. Only real weakness is at HC

kskboys

Reaction score
Defensive 1 tech tackles aren’t premium NFL commodities except for the top 10 or 15 players. I seriously doubt there are teams out there wanting to trade away an elite player right before the season.

I think we could get a solid, serviceable 1 tech for a 4 pick. Somebody who would start for us early and then be in the rotation. I’m talking 1 or maybe 2 grades higher than current depth chart.

I wouldn’t expect to get a pass rusher, but I’d want a sturdy, strong anchor.
Not for a 4th.

T-RO

Reaction score
For a 4th, Hayden is what you're getting.

Hayden is what you get for a 6th or 7th...or for free on cut-down day. A 4th round pick is worth 3 or 4 times as much as a 6th.

From draft value graph:
The 20th pick in round 4 = 62 points
The 20th pick in round 6 = 20 points

Last edited:

glimmerman

Reaction score
When teams lose players they were counting on...it’s not infrequent those teams make moves to replace them. I’m not talking about us getting a 330 pounder.
Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me if we picked up a DT. But like you said it won’t be the 330+ guy. I am all for a big nasty run stuffing, hole clogging monster. Don’t know why Marinelli is opposed to having at least 1 to rotate in.