Would you be in favor of trading 4th round pick for DT?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
No. Good teams try and improve their teams all the time, no matter if they're contenders or not.

Also no one has any idea if we are on or two players away or not.

that is true, but usually dont revamp one side. most of the times.

Yes some of us, and we re not. there now you know.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I don’t follow other team’s tackles aside from stars.

But virtually every team as a surplus at one or two positions. I’m sure someone has a surplus of true talent at DT.

Bengals, Jags, Raiders, and Eagles are the teams to key in on.

Sandyf

Reaction score
With Collins foot issues and Irving’s unpredictability would you be in favor of Dallas trading a 4th round pick for a DT?

I suspect there is some team out there w/a surplus.

I’d like to see something like that and I won’t be surprised to see Dallas make such a trade.
Just ain't going to happen.

kskboys

Reaction score
Generally speaking, we passed up the chance in the draft to strengthen a weak position, and we foolishly passed. Again. The chances of getting a significant talent for DT in a trade are very slim, unless you're willing to take a chance on a knucklehead or a druggie.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
You have less of a grasp of this team than many on here. I promise you have no idea. There now you know.

the only difference is, ive been right. How many times has Dallas won the the playoffs in 20 years? get back to me when you want to see the cowboys win the trophy and you dont need a vcr to do it.

DiResta

Reaction score
Generally speaking, we passed up the chance in the draft to strengthen a weak position, and we foolishly passed. Again. The chances of getting a significant talent for DT in a trade are very slim, unless you're willing to take a chance on a knucklehead or a druggie.
meanwhile the Skins have Jonathan Allen and lose Daron Payne for a couple of weeks so they just plug in Tim Settle for the time being

and their defense isnt even considered very good in the division

Reactions: BAT

T-RO

Reaction score
Just ain't going to happen.

OK. Noted. Sandyf say no trade for DT will happen...

Which of these guys shouldn’t we have drafted as opposed to DT?
Vander Esch
Williams
Gallup
Schultz

We didn’t have a need at LB, Guard, WR and TE?

Number1

Reaction score
If you look at the official Cowboys depth chart, it's interesting that no starter is listed for one of the DT positions. Just a mistake?

LFd2PwX.jpg
who's chart?

RE - Lawrence, Gregory, Tapper
D3 - Ward, Collins, Neal
D1 - Price, Ash, Woods
LE - Charlton, Crawford, Ealy

Rayman70

Reaction score
no. I like the guys we have..now I would add another dude to the mix.Hankins is still out there isn't he? No need to trade for anyone..but you get get this guy and add some girth in the middle.

Reactions: BAT

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I’m gonna guess you feel we have enough to get by as it stands and that Irving will return as player he’s been?

im all for Dallas going into the season with what they have. laying down the new schemes and trying new things and refine the team next off season to be serious contenders.

kskboys

Reaction score
OK. Noted. Sandyf say no trade for DT will happen...

Which of these guys shouldn’t we have drafted as opposed to DT?
Vander Esch
Williams
Gallup
Schultz

We didn’t have a need at LB, Guard, WR and TE?
Tim Settle, Maurice Hurst, Fatukasi, RJ Macintosh, Sebastian Joseph, Andrew Brown,

There's some 5th and later rounders for you. Your computer broken that you needed me to do the research!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though, we hear this craptastic excuse every year for not addressing a position of major need, DT. Then we scramble and pick up some stiff and laud how good he's going to be and that brag that he's playing well when he's not. Same story every year.

How in the world can you not see the need at DT?

T-RO

Reaction score
who's chart?

RE - Lawrence, Gregory, Tapper
D3 - Ward, Collins, Neal
D1 - Price, Ash, Woods
LE - Charlton, Crawford, Ealy

There is no player listed for starter at “right defensive tackle”...on cbs sports page. That was the top of Google...so I incorrectly referenced that as ‘official’ depth chart.

MWH1967

The Cook
Reaction score
A 4th for a starter is a no brainer. A 4th for a rotational guy is a waste.