Would you be in favor of trading 4th round pick for DT?

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Yes...if Dak plays well and we get positive results from some of our new players...we absolutely can go the Super Bowl. That’s my belief. We were 13-3 in 2016 and have a much better roster now.

As for “throwing it away to revamp” I don’t know what you are talking about. Our ‘17 defense was better than the ‘16 d...and that’s with the kiddie corp. They are growing into men.

thats a belief, and granted, great you have it. love it. i have reality, it beats belief. Belief is great for marketing. reality makes life dismal. The team isnt play off ready.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
With Collins foot issues and Irving’s unpredictability would you be in favor of Dallas trading a 4th round pick for a DT?

I suspect there is some team out there w/a surplus.

I’d like to see something like that and I won’t be surprised to see Dallas make such a trade.

We traded for ward. He is the Irving insurance they wanted.

T-RO

Reaction score
If you look at the official Cowboys depth chart, it's interesting that no starter is listed for one of the DT positions. Just a mistake?

LFd2PwX.jpg

Reactions: BAT

Outlaw Heroes

Reaction score
Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me if we picked up a DT. But like you said it won’t be the 330+ guy. I am all for a big nasty run stuffing, hole clogging monster. Don’t know why Marinelli is opposed to having at least 1 to rotate in.

I think it’s just a straightforward question of scheme fit. You value quickness and agility over size and strength when you’re asking your 1T to shoot a single gap and penetrate rather than giving him two-gap responsibility and asking him to hold the point of attack. With few exceptions — guys like Ngata (once upon a time) and Suh — the behemoths don’t have the right skill set for Marinelli’s scheme.

DiResta

Reaction score
Price was beat down like a step child by FredBeard this week. Not a good sign.
2 things
link start at 28:10

• i would love to have a legit force at tackle, a Fletcher Cox or something. if there was a way to legit make it happen with somebody sure, do it
  • they were gushing over Price today, said that Fredrick woke him up or something and he beat Freddo a couple times after that, has looked very good
im just the messenger, take it however you please
edit: didnt say he beat Fredbeard, must been thinking about someone else but still, hes been better

Last edited:

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With Collins foot issues and Irving’s unpredictability would you be in favor of Dallas trading a 4th round pick for a DT?
No. Wouldn't consider it for a second. Those players will be available for free after final cuts.

Verdict

Reaction score
2 things

• i would love to have a legit force at tackle, a Fletcher Cox or something. if there was a way to legit make it happen with somebody sure, do it
  • they were gushing over Price today, said that Fredrick woke him up or something and he beat Freddo a couple times after that, has looked very good
im just the messenger, take it however you please

That's good to know.

DiResta

Reaction score
so
hows Tim Settle been looking so far, lurking Commander fans?

:(

T-RO

Reaction score
Would probably help if you had someone in mind you think could be had for a 4th.

I don’t follow other team’s tackles aside from stars.

But virtually every team as a surplus at one or two positions. I’m sure someone has a surplus of true talent at DT.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
this is silly stuff. first of all, do you guys really hate picks? second of all, do you guys really think we are 1 or 2 players away from doing anything resembling sniffing the SB?

you do this kind of stuff if you think you are 1 or 2 players away. we were there once, threw it away to revamp the defense.

we are not close, keep our picks, keep our cap low. realize reality, things are even keel right now. Lets see how things play out first. Hate to bust the bubble, but thats reality. just sit back and enjoy it.
No. Good teams try and improve their teams all the time, no matter if they're contenders or not.

Also no one has any idea if we are on or two players away or not.

T-RO

Reaction score
No. Wouldn't consider it for a second. Those players will be available for free after final cuts.

There will be a couple of roster-worthy DT on the market after final cut-downs. I’m looking for someone who is more than just roster-worthy.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Look guys, we aren’t getting a big DT. How many chances and how many years have we had the opportunity? We could have done it at any time. Marinelli wants DE that can play DT as well. He wants to rotate smaller lighter players in the middle and depend on LB more to stop the run if they get through the middle.
Whens the last time he had our 1T playing DE?

DiResta

Reaction score
I mean.. Federick is kind of good...
man... Tyrone Crawford gets so much **** but i remember when asked who the strongest dlineman was one of the players said Crawford

if you havent seen Tyron go against him yesterday, he grabbed Crawford like he was a kid and just calmly held him there until they stopped the drill
didnt even look like he was trying
Crawford was so upset he threw his helmet :laugh:

Nate went and told him not to get too upset because Tyron is the best there is
if you can win against him you can beat anybody

kskboys

Reaction score
We had our chance to strengthen the DT position and passed on it once again. It generally takes blatant happenings for Jerry to realize anything, so look for us to take some good DT's in the 2039 draft.