Would you be ok with picking Surtain?

quickccc

Reaction score
I don’t pretend to be an expert so I don’t know how good he is projected to be. Not as good as Jalen Ramsey or he would never make it to #10. But if he is good enough to be a #1 cornerback and Diggs is your #2 cornerback, well that’s good enough for me.

Who knew Darrelle Revis (picked 14th overall in 1st round) ...or Stephen Gilmore (10th overall) would be as good as they eventually came to be.
Bottom with me is if he's the 10th overall pick or a first rounder in any case or spot ,I expect him to be an eventual Pro Bowler.

Whoever it is, Philly make be spying and pegging whatever player we are projected to take.
they did so last year when they try to move ahead of us with a ATL to get CeeDee Lamb.

:muttley:

MarkP88

Reaction score
It seems that since Surtain has been the constant pick according to all the Draft prognosticators, I wonder if many fans are getting disenchanted with the pick because it has become boring. As far as I can tell, Surtain is the consensus top CB in the draft so I wouldn't have a problem at all with the pick.
I think it will be between him and one of the O-Tackles should they be available.
Of all the guys who are in play for our first round pick, the ones that play CB are the ones I'd be least excited by. It's a position highly dependent on players in front of him; a CB isn't going to make any major impact by himself. And at 10, I want an impact player. We could clone Deion and absent major upgrades to our front seven, the defense will still be mediocre at best, and probably not even that.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Between the Diggs allegations and Robinson's suspension I'm getting more "ok" with it by the minute.

Flamma

Reaction score
It seems that since Surtain has been the constant pick according to all the Draft prognosticators, I wonder if many fans are getting disenchanted with the pick because it has become boring. As far as I can tell, Surtain is the consensus top CB in the draft so I wouldn't have a problem at all with the pick.
I think it will be between him and one of the O-Tackles should they be available.

I wouldn't have a problem with it. I just keep going back to what made the Cowboys a poor team last year. OL was a big problem. So was DT and S. Not so much corner. Besides that, I think we can get a pretty good one at 44.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Absolutely not but I'm not okay with Jerry as the Owner, Jerry as the GM, Stephen as the Director of Player Personnel or Rayne as the QB. So bring it on. I bathe in it.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Sure.

If Pitts and Sewell aren't there, and if we aren't presented with a great trade down offer then I am all for it. Good player at a position need and an important position at that.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
I wouldn't have a problem with it. I just keep going back to what made the Cowboys a poor team last year. OL was a big problem. So was DT and S. Not so much corner. Besides that, I think we can get a pretty good one at 44.
Problem is we can't get a pretty good DT or S at 10.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'd honestly need to see the whole board. Who is available, what are their grades, how much of a difference between Surtain and who might be there at pick 44?

For example: PFF ranked the top 300 players.

Surtain at #13
asaunte samual #29
aaron Robinson #56

If you skip Surtain with our pick at 10 is there a CB on your board you would take at pick 44? No, so you would then have to wait till round 3 or later. But according to the board there should be several OL candidates available at 44.

OT SAMUEL COSMI, TEXAS #38
OT ALEX LEATHERWOOD, ALABAMA #40
IOL LANDON DICKERSON, ALABAMA #44

Just depends on how you rank them and then who falls.

Flamma

Reaction score
Problem is we can't get a pretty good DT or S at 10.

I know. Dallas would have to trade back for DT Barmore. Or Slater at 10.

Like I said. I wouldn't be totally upset with a corner. But it's our O and D line making Dallas look bad.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yes but it's not going to make a big difference.

The biggest difference will come from scheme and being less aggressive in coverage.

I have Jaycee Horn is my #1 corner in this draft.

Surtain is too safe for me. If i'm going to take a corner this high I want a gambler with a dawg mentality.

Jerry prefers upside over safety.