Would You Be Upset Taking a Guard?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Correct…which is part of my problem.
I'll admit I what McClay to pull out another rabbit from the hat (unless there's an obvious fall, which is unlikely at 26). A player (don't care position) that we really love (even though he may have that 1/2 Rd consensus grade).
Look at what Peter King indicated as there not being a consensus WR (possibly outside of JSN).....we may have identified THE WR and are clouding it.
I would be disappointed in a Guard, not because of the position, but because there wasn't really anything else (or we couldn't tradeback)

cnuball21

Reaction score
Interesting that you believe in draft nicks over NFL front offices. Tyler was going to be a first round pick even if the Cowboys passed. Tennessee was going to take him and Tampa liked him as well.
Maybe so, that doesn’t change how I felt about him as a prospect. Teams reach every year…doesn’t make it right.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I'll admit I what McClay to pull out another rabbit from the hat (unless there's an obvious fall, which is unlikely at 26). A player (don't care position) that we really love (even though he may have that 1/2 Rd consensus grade).
Look at what Peter King indicated as there not being a consensus WR (possibly outside of JSN).....we may have identified THE WR and are clouding it.
I would be disappointed in a Guard, not because of the position, but because there wasn't really anything else (or we couldn't tradeback)
I feel like people overcomplicate the 1st round. Target + athletes with + tape at a money position and DO NOT reach for need.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Maybe so, that doesn’t change how I felt about him as a prospect. Teams reach every year…doesn’t make it right.
I hear you. You are going by your board, I respect that. I bet the Cowboys are more in agreement with you this time around by looking at the their 30 visits. The NFL is becoming flag football. I think the Cowboys have adjusted.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I hear you. You are going by your board, I respect that. I bet the Cowboys are more in agreement with you this time around by looking at the their 30 visits. The NFL is becoming flag football. I think the Cowboys have adjusted.
We’ll see…would love to see a draft where they take the best football players and quit looking for their “type” or hone in too much on needs.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
We’ll see…would love to see a draft where they take the best football players and quit looking for their “type” or hone in too much on needs.
The only way they don’t take bpa available is if Robinson falls to 26. Then Jerrah will make a business decision. By the way Zeke in my opinion was a better prospect then Bjon.

cnuball21

Reaction score
The only way they don’t take bpa available is if Robinson falls to 26. Then Jerrah will make a business decision. By the way Zeke in my opinion was a better prospect then Bjon.
I wouldn’t take Bijan but I’d be absolutely shocked if the Cowboys passed on him. Yea Zeke was comfortably better for me as well.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If Dallas were to select Torrance or Avila at 26 would you be upset? That would possibly be a pick for need rather that BPA. But you could solidy the left side of your line for the next ten years. Your thoughts?
It doesn't appear that the value is there with Torrence or Avila, so I'd be wary of that. However, if we were to take Wright or Broderick Jones and start him out at guard, that would appear to be good value for the pick and I'd have no problem with that. Now, Dallas may have Torrence or Avila rated higher than draft expects do, but it would certainly look like a reach for a position of need.