Would you bring back Gilmore next year?

EJK24

Reaction score
I like what he's done so far and hope his knowledge of the game contributes to these younger guys. I don't know what his cost is but I imagine we go with Diggs, Bland, and younger guys fill out the rest of the position based off age and cost.

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
No, but they might let go of Lewis too so they need to do something on that front. Maybe do another trade like that or better for a slot CB. Mukuamu is also at least a consideration at slot too.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I would love to have him be our 3rd corner next year, but he would have to be willing to be paid as a very good third corner. We have several other contracts we have to get done and a high-paid third CB is not at the top of the list, but the idea of a season of Diggs, Bland, and Gilly with our pass rush is pretty tempting.

Scottishcowboy

Reaction score
He will be 34 by the time the season starts and plays a position that the wheels can fall off quickly. He already has lost some athleticisim and isnt “lockdown” anymore.

Also keep in mind, Daron Bland has shown hes a better outside guy.
I've yet to watch the game back for a 2nd time but I'm going for something really unpopular based on all the Bland love at the moment...

Gilmore looked the far better CB out the 2 until the "magical moment". He gave up very little whereas Bland seemed beat fairly often. I honestly think that was lost in the euphoria of that one play.

So yes, Gilmore absolutely needs to come back next year. The glass half empty guy in me also worries Diggs comes back a shell ofhimself and we need an insurance policy.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I definitely would bring him back! Still a solid player and provides solid Patriot-esq work ethic and leadership!

Cmac

Reaction score
The Board Salary Capologists at work already? It just ain't good to take one step forward, then two backwards. Simmer down. Jourdan Lewis should be the one being discussed.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Yes and put Diggs with his reaction time in the slot... :oops: Nickel is base defense in this pass happy league.