Would you bring back Gilmore next year?

StarLord

Reaction score
As always, it depends on the price. Given his age, and Bland coming on and needing a contract in the next 2 years or so, I would only resign him if he's cheap. I'd like to a cheap 1-2 years, but I think he'll command more than I would be willing to pay.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Patrick Peterson got a 2 year 14 million deal in the offseason so would assume that's around the price for Gilmore.

I think a lot depends on guys including Tyron Smith, Biadsz, Pollard, Kearse, Armstrong, Hankins, Fowler, and of course what other guys they extend in the offseason. At this point I'm sure the Cowboys would want him back, but also have to weigh his cost for CB3 vs what the other guys bring.

More focused on this season though at the moment, so lets just live in the moment and enjoy it!

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think if you do you might have to put Bland back in the slot. I know many are opposed to that but what's the alternative? I don't trust anyone on this roster to play nickel....

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Patrick Peterson got a 2 year 14 million deal in the offseason so would assume that's around the price for Gilmore.

I think a lot depends on guys including Tyron Smith, Biadsz, Pollard, Kearse, Armstrong, Hankins, Fowler, and of course what other guys they extend in the offseason. At this point I'm sure the Cowboys would want him back, but also have to weigh his cost for CB3 vs what the other guys bring.

More focused on this season though at the moment, so lets just live in the moment and enjoy it!
Damn Patrick suckered someone to give him that?

817Gill

Reaction score
Would be cool with him as a CB4 but I want a dependable slot drafted. Love JLew but he’s lost a step and he was never the fastest guy anyway.

Gilmore could be real good in specific packages like late career Sherman.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
He will be 34 by the time the season starts and plays a position that the wheels can fall off quickly. He already has lost some athleticisim and isnt “lockdown” anymore.

Also keep in mind, Daron Bland has shown hes a better outside guy.
Yep, if his contract was reasonable

Toro9

Reaction score
SPEED 87
ACC 92
AWR 94

Add a year to that based on Madden settings.

Sorry, it was a kind of a Madden question.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Nah. I appreciate him this year though. Been a treat watching a hall of fame corner on our team. Professional and class act
Very smart player. Still athletic too. Has lost a little athletically, but his football IQ is second to non!
He looked good vs Washington. On one particular play he blanketed one of Washington’s smaller quick receivers on an inside route. He played it perfectly.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Yes, if he wants to stick around for another year, I'm all for.it !
Insurance if Diggs not 100 %, plus his professionalism and being able to help the CB room is invaluable.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If Price is right, yes. Can’t think of one lately, but a lot of good corners have played well into their Mid-Late 30’s. Whatever he loses physically he’ll make up for his smarts. Good mentor to continue to grow Diggs and Bland too.

Plankton

Reaction score
Not at his current cap hit. He is still an effective player, but he has lost a good bit of speed.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Absolutely. Trevon is coming off injury and we're witnessing what depth means at the position.