Would you bring back Gilmore next year?

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Absolutely, another 1 year deal. We also probably will cut / not resign Jordan Lewis, CB will be a priority in the draft.
I think Lewis is UFA too.

Gilmore likely gone though.

Our cap in 2024 is a train wreck right now.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Yes bring him back and draft another CB.
:thumbup:can never have enough.

Would be cool with him as a CB4 but I want a dependable slot drafted. Love JLew but he’s lost a step and he was never the fastest guy anyway.

Gilmore could be real good in specific packages like late career Sherman.

Top Slot CB too me. Former WR, exceptional transition to CB...noticing a theme. CB3.

Proof

Reaction score
Btw, I really like the player. Bland is our outside guy though. We will be wasting him by keeping him inside (pause)
my feeling too. i guess my answer depends on price because he could be invaluable depth and in the db room. we’ve carried dbs that don’t get on the field plenty of times so i don’t see the issue

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No. He will want a decent payday next year.
Time to roll with Diggs and Bland and find the next slot guy.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Yeah absolutely. Bring him back.

You don’t have a better option right now, and he’s been really good.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
hell yes I bring him back. What happens next year when yiu have Diggs and Bland and Bland sprains an ankle and is out 4 weeks, then Diggs tweeks a knee and misses 2 games If his contract is right, its a no brainer to bring him back.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If Price is right, yes. Can’t think of one lately, but a lot of good corners have played well into their Mid-Late 30’s. Whatever he loses physically he’ll make up for his smarts. Good mentor to continue to grow Diggs and Bland too.
With him there the secondary positional room is top shelf and extremely prepared and up on team tendencies also. A pretty fair positional coach in my view as well.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yes, I absolutely would. Even with Diggs and Bland, I believe he is a great contributor. I imagine at this stage in his career, he would do a friendly deal.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He will be 34 by the time the season starts and plays a position that the wheels can fall off quickly. He already has lost some athleticisim and isnt “lockdown” anymore.

Also keep in mind, Daron Bland has shown hes a better outside guy.
Yes. He would be a CB4 and should be paid accordingly. What he brings to the table is more than what you see on the field.

Former super bowl champion, DPOY and All-Pros on his resume help with coach Harris to make the Cowboys DB's a very good unit.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. I like that he’s here this year and he’s been pretty good. If Diggs is good to start next year coupled with Bland, letting Gilmore go would make sense for the cap savings. So, no I would not keep him.

CCBoy

Reaction score
No. I like that he’s here this year and he’s been pretty good. If Diggs is good to start next year coupled with Bland, letting Gilmore go would make sense for the cap savings. So, no I would not keep him.
Wide receiver is a major consideration now, for next season.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He will be 34 by the time the season starts and plays a position that the wheels can fall off quickly. He already has lost some athleticisim and isnt “lockdown” anymore.

No for the very reason Bland is a better outside guy. The trade worked out well, but there will be another trade like that out there for a guy that would be a better fit

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Kristian Fulton is a name to remember. His value has tanked the last couple years. This year especially. Was very good when he played the slot. For some reason they play him almost exclusively outside

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes. He would be a CB4 and should be paid accordingly. What he brings to the table is more than what you see on the field.

Former super bowl champion, DPOY and All-Pros on his resume help with coach Harris to make the Cowboys DB's a very good unit.
He will probably still get 8 figure deal somewhere next year. High 7 at least. We arent paying a #4 CB that

DuncanIso

Reaction score
I think you are right.

We have big cap problems in 2024.