Would you bring Schultz back on a 1-year deal?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Not interested bringing Shultz back when the draft is loaded with tight ends that can be a difference maker, and will be cheaper where Shultz will never be a difference maker and demands to much money even for a one year deal and the fact no other team is jumping in to sign him should indicate he's not a priority signing

Havic

Reaction score
Schultz is not the horrible blocker many say he is. Yes- he was a poor blocker early in his career, but he improved significantly as he bulked up for the NFL. I think it's fair to call him an average blocker. He is a balanced tight end, but not elite in either phase.
Dude has zero yac, he reminds me of old man witten except he is suppose to be in his prime

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. When you're not good enough you have to improve in the offseason not bring back the same team.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Do not really want to unless its on a 6-7 mill deal. I would like to take away all of Dak's security blankets to see if he can take the next step.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn’t do that. Schultz is certainly a good TE but he’s not worth even a big one year deal when you consider Ferguson, Hendershot and maybe another rookie in the draft. Besides, I don’t think Schultz would like that kind of deal since he was tagged last year.

This draft is very deep with good TEs so it’s highly unlikely Schultz is the best move for us right now. He’ll be signed by someone but shouldn’t be here.

Kwyn

Reaction score
$10-12M .....
Spotrac has a value of $15M ......it appears he's not getting that. Maybe his value is hurt by the strong TE draft class. He may be better off signing with us for another year and re-entering the market in 2024.

[MEDIA
$10-12M .....
Spotrac has a value of $15M ......it appears he's not getting that. Maybe his value is hurt by the strong TE draft class. He may be better off signing with us for another year and re-entering the market in 2024.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dalton-schultz-25238/market-value/#:~:text=Current Contract,average annual salary of $10,931,000.

do you wear a jacket because the property owner is it even a business I’m sure
=twitter]1636715893689335810[/MEDIA]

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/dalton-schultz-25238/market-value/#:~:text=Current Contract,average annual salary of $10,931,000.

No way I go 15m. That’s crazy money for anyone not named Kelce or Andrews

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I wouldn’t do that. Schultz is certainly a good TE but he’s not worth even a big one year deal when you consider Ferguson, Hendershot and maybe another rookie in the draft. Besides, I don’t think Schultz would like that kind of deal since he was tagged last year.

This draft is very deep with good TEs so it’s highly unlikely Schultz is the best move for us right now. He’ll be signed by someone but shouldn’t be here.
Right now we do not have a starting TE. I understand posters saying, Ferguson is the next man up and he can start but the problem is how ready is he? Look at his stats......... numbers don't give me a lot of confidence.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/jake-ferguson-77006/stats-valuation/

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
$10-12M .....

Spotrac number is way too high and I don't think there's enough stupid money even in free agency for him to get it.

Schultz had a down year last year, and surely teams noticed that Ferguson looked about comparable as a rookie.

And no, I have no interest in Schultz back with the Cowboys at 7 figures.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Right now we do not have a starting TE. I understand posters saying, Ferguson is the next man up and he can start but the problem is how ready is he? Look at his stats......... numbers don't give me a lot of confidence.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-cowboys/jake-ferguson-77006/stats-valuation/
7.9 ypt and seemed to have some juice with the ball in his hands. Damn good for a rookie TE. Recall that Schultz was a popular target for cut talks early on.

I have no hesitation to starting Ferguson this year. Develop a cheap young guy who has already shown talent. Such a no brainer.

Motorola

Reaction score
Sure. I would love to have him back at the right number. Otherwise Dallas is 100% using a draft pick on a TE. We could use that pick elsewhere- OL, DL, CB, WR, QB....

But... Schultz isn't signing a lowball offer. I would be shocked if he came back to Dallas. Lucky it's a deep TE draft.
Not lucky IMO; Cowboys scouts monitoring all TEs to see if there's a guy who could at worse be drafted and improve quicker than when they picked Schultz out of Stanford 5 years ago.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Guys, you may wanna start bracing yourself (lol)...........I'm seeing this more and more on Twitter. Not to mention, this is a Jerry/Stephen Jones kind of move......we like our guys.