Would you consider living in another country?

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
There are a few countries I could see myself living in. I wouldn't even consider somewhere like: China/Korea/Japan. The time difference and culture shock would be a huge challenge as well as the language barrier.

I don't foresee myself learning another language( I speak English,German and some spanish and french). So whatever country I lived in would most likely be an English speaking country, which leaves a lot of possibilities.

Also wouldn't even consider Australia. I'm sure it's beautiful, but it has almost everyone of the worlds most venomous or dangerous animals. So I'll pass on that lol.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;4653840 said:
Every time I stand up to her, even when I am right as I usually am, I end up being wrong so only when I feel suicidal or don't care if I score for a bit, do I tell her she is wrong :)

Mine's the polar opposite. She goes along with anything so I have to bend over backwards to give her her way. She knows exactly what she's doing.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
BoysFan4ever;4653856 said:
I love France. I would LOVE to go back to Austria. Never been to Greece. I would love to go though..ancient Greece fascinates me.

I still think though I would really love to live in Ireland most in terms of foreign soil.

Kenya..you must share when u go. I have heard wonderful things about Kenya.

Oh, man you gotta go. Just do two safaris. One to the Masai Mara and another to Amboseli National Park. You can see Kilimanjaro from Amboseli and it's not far from Nairobi to Meru where Mt Kenya is near. Also go to the escarpment outside Nairobi.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
jobberone;4653878 said:
Mine's the polar opposite. She goes along with anything so I have to bend over backwards to give her her way. She knows exactly what she's doing.

Mine's a stubborn Irish lass from Northern Ireland. Our son has her stubborn qualities.

Being surrounded by Irish and not being one is tough.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I might consider living in the United States sometime in the future, but for now, I will just stay my happy behind here in the great Republic of Texas....:D

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
jobberone;4653881 said:
Oh, man you gotta go. Just do two safaris. One to the Masai Mara and another to Amboseli National Park. You can see Kilimanjaro from Amboseli and it's not far from Narobi to Meru where Mt Kenya is near. Also go to the escarpment outside Narobi.

Thanks! I sure will go one day. I fly with a pilot who has been everywhere I think and he has a special love for Kenya. It sounds awesome!

Eskimo

Reaction score
I would like to try:

USA
Netherlands
France
Italy
Sweden
Australia
Costa Rica
Panama
Japan

It will have to wait for retirement due to licencing issues in my work.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Hoofbite;4653847 said:
I'm betting it's a local thing.

I've heard water quality can vary from city street to city street.

Perhaps you could tells us where in Canada we should live while being as specific as possible.

[/stalker]

No water quality in cities . There have been problems on reserves and one small Ontario town hired an unqualified alcoholic to test their water.

The best cities for women are Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Eskimo;4658490 said:
No water quality in cities . There have been problems on reserves and one small Ontario town hired an unqualified alcoholic to test their water.

The best cities for women are Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.

I hear the women in Montreal are a little, hmm, what would you call it? Open? Relaxed? Loose? I'm trying to keep this PG.

RS12

Reaction score
At retirement I would. Your money goes alot further in some of these countries with tropical climates.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
Kristen82;4652747 said:
People should try Canada. Poutine is awesome, and maybe it's something in the water but the females here are really good-looking (looks down modestly)...

sign me up :eek::

as far as not connected to the NA i'd like to live in Ireland and some 3rd world slum country that way when I come back to USA (or Canada if Kristen allows me too ;) ) I have a greater sense of appreciation of what an awesome country USA is

kilz

Reaction score
Until earlier this year, I had never been outside of North America. I went to Costa Rica in Janurary for vacation and to look into real estate opportunities.

I explored several properties around Tamerindo, Marbella, Jaco, Quepos, Maneul Anotonio, and Uvita. I ended up purchasing 7.5 acres in Dominical, Puntarenas. It is a goregous combination of beaches and jungle that was recently opened up due to the completion of the new highway that connects Domincal to Manuel Antonio/Quepos.

I am currently developing a 6 lot community on my 7.5 acres that is located 1,500 feet up a local development called Escaleras. The views are spectacular and location is a short 10 minute drive to the main beach strip in Dominical.

I will begin construction on the first home in December (after the rainy season which makes building difficult). The plan is to build and sell 6 houses over the next two years. If all works out well, I plan to re-invest in Costa Rica and spend at least half, if not all, my time there.

I have found Costa Rica extremely safe, beautiful, and friendly. It seems like a great place for me to enjoy extreme happines for quite some time.

nablives

Reaction score
jnday;4652603 said:
Most of the posters here live in the good ole USA, but would you consider living in another country? If so, what country and why?

I would like to try Ireland myself. I have ancestors from Ireland and I love the Celtic culture. I study Celtic history in my spare time just for the heck it. I am considering an extended vacation there ( Scotland and Wales too) in the next couple of years.

Yes, I'm bored, but this could be fun.

For good? Probably not. for a while? Definitely.

Honestly, I wish I was in Germany right now.

kilz

Reaction score
Belize is another place that I could see buying property and living a happy and healthy life. In addition to the beauty and safety, Belize also provides extended tax advantages to US Citizens that you can't in many other places. They are one of the few countries that have denied the US demands that they must report all banking activity of US citizens back to the US so that the US can collect tax revenue on business done by US citizens in foreign contries.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
kilz;4659962 said:
Until earlier this year, I had never been outside of North America. I went to Costa Rica in Janurary for vacation and to look into real estate opportunities.

I explored several properties around Tamerindo, Marbella, Jaco, Quepos, Maneul Anotonio, and Uvita. I ended up purchasing 7.5 acres in Dominical, Puntarenas. It is a goregous combination of beaches and jungle that was recently opened up due to the completion of the new highway that connects Domincal to Manuel Antonio/Quepos.

I am currently developing a 6 lot community on my 7.5 acres that is located 1,500 feet up a local development called Escaleras. The views are spectacular and location is a short 10 minute drive to the main beach strip in Dominical.

I will begin construction on the first home in December (after the rainy season which makes building difficult). The plan is to build and sell 6 houses over the next two years. If all works out well, I plan to re-invest in Costa Rica and spend at least half, if not all, my time there.

I have found Costa Rica extremely safe, beautiful, and friendly. It seems like a great place for me to enjoy extreme happines for quite some time.

Congrats. Great plan. We're still looking at CR.

jnday

Reaction score
kilz;4659974 said:
Belize is another place that I could see buying property and living a happy and healthy life. In addition to the beauty and safety, Belize also provides extended tax advantages to US Citizens that you can't in many other places. They are one of the few countries that have denied the US demands that they must report all banking activity of US citizens back to the US so that the US can collect tax revenue on business done by US citizens in foreign contries.

I am trying to keep politics out of this post, but the IRS and taxes are one reason that I would move. I would have to do some research to find the countries that are tax friendly before I would leave the USA. I know many countries are much worse than the US. Here in Mississippi, the taxes are much lower than many other states, but I still don't like paying them.