Would you consider living in another country?

Bizwah

Reaction score
I'm with a lot of others here.

No way!

I have absolutely no desire to live anywhere else.

I have little desire to visit many other countries. Maybe Japan, maybe the UK, maybe Germany.

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
The UK.

I'm obsessed with the English. I went to London in 2002. My friend actually just moved there. He went and got his citizenship while on vacation, and just...moved.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I have lived in Japan for over two years. Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there for any extended period of time. 1 Year is about my max in Japan before I need to come back. After the novelty wears out, everything becomes a royal pain. A small 1 BR apt is about all one can usually afford. Not a real big deal if you go out a lot and only sleep in the apt. Too small to cook a meal in the kitchen.

Food is great in Japan. Quite possibly the best in the world. They only lack true Italian pizza.

The women are amazing. If I were single, I could be talked into staying over a year.

Germany is awesome. I could live there. I am waiting for my employer (DoD) to look for volunteers to go there for 3 years. I will jump all over that. I hope someday to retire in Switzerland, Germany, Italy, or Croatia. Even France or Spain would be cool.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
WoodysGirl;4652648 said:
Well, you're in Alaska, so you're close enough... lol

:( True though. :D I have been to Tokyo on many occasion. I absolutely love the city. It is crazy crowded but the country is wonderful.

AU and Belize are places where I would seriously consider retirement to.

Duane

Reaction score
Dallas;4653229 said:
:( True though. :D I have been to Tokyo on many occasion. I absolutely love the city. It is crazy crowded but the country is wonderful.

I've heard a lot of good things about Belize.

Phoenix

Reaction score
I would love to retire to Thailand actually. It's called the Land of Smiles for very good reason... :) And the food, oh my. Awesomely good.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Dallas;4653229 said:

I looked at Belize. I wouldn't retire there.

Every few years there is a new hotspot for retirees. Right now it's Panama. Haven't looked into it. I did look at Costa Rica once. Still in the back of my mind. Nairobi is a great place. Paris. Hainan great weather wouldn't live there though. Thailand is heating up.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
jobberone;4653268 said:

Every few years there is a new hotspot for retirees. Right now it's Panama. Haven't looked into it. I did look at Costa Rica once. Still in the back of my mind. Nairobi is a great place. Paris. Hainan great weather wouldn't live there though. Thailand is heating up.

One of my co-workers here has his place for sale in Costa Rica. It's on the beach and in a nice community. It is in Jaco, outside SJ about 2 hours. Gorgeous place and the fishing is 2nd to none. Truly a beautiful place.

He has property up in the jungle he wants to develop. He likes it in the trees where its cooler and a bit more away from things.

He loves Costa Rica

Doomsday101

Reaction score
If I had to move to another country it would likely be Louisiana. :laugh2:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
after having traveled through most of the USA and living and working and getting my education there...I went and started living and working in other lands...I must say the adventure has been a blast...not always pleasent but still I have had a great ride and am enjoying this thing called life...my biggest obstacle was getting over the "everything is better in america" attitude I had

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Kristen82;4652747 said:
People should try Canada. Poutine is awesome, and maybe it's something in the water but the females here are really good-looking (looks down modestly)...

Canada is on my list. And if that's you in the photo, I'm coming there. :p :laugh2:

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
dexternjack;4652770 said:
I want to live in Italy and France for a couple of years to learn how to make their cuisine for my future restaurant.

I can help you w/ that! :thumbup: ;)

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
Right now, my lady is in Sweden, going to Denmark tomorrow and was just in Turkey for a bit for an academic conference, etc. I'm so jealous. On the bright side, we're planning a trip to London in December.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
jobberone;4653268 said:

Paris is beautiful. Lived there for a year and it is sooo expensive. Lots of ex pats there though and the food is to die for. It's just gorgeous there. I love Austria too. So beautiful.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4652656 said:
I wanna have at least three. I'd prefer six. Three girls and boys.

Jeez must plan on having a job making 40 plus an hour than lol