Would you get Fairley at #9?

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
nyc;3796769 said:
I'm not excited about this draft at all. IMO there are very few solid first rounders in this draft. Definitely not enough for Dallas to land not only a quality first rounder, but even less likely one of any type of need. (DT, DE, S, OT)

Really?According to Gosselin and others this is a pretty talent rich 1st round when you look at D-linemen, etc.

windjc

Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3796898 said:
You must not remember the Big 12 championship last year then.

I didnt watch that game. And, sorry, but I don't but the Big 12 championship game on the same level as the BSC Championship game. :)

Kaika

Have a Good Day Pilgrims
Reaction score
Not sure about drafting a D lineman. Shouldn't we draft by our NEEDS instead of our wants:confused:.

Great college player ,sure, but we need safeties ,CB and O lineman more I believe.

JMO you understand:D

Reaction score
windjc;3796912 said:
I didnt watch that game. And, sorry, but I don't but the Big 12 championship game on the same level as the BSC Championship game. :)
Why does it make a difference if its on the same level?
" That was the most dominant performance by a DL in any game at that level I can remember."

That is what you said. You didn't mention any championship game, regular season game. You just said game. Is the Big12 championship not a "game"??

Nice try, brother.:)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Kaika;3796916 said:
Not sure about drafting a D lineman. Shouldn't we draft by our NEEDS instead of our wants:confused:.

Great college player ,sure, but we need safeties ,CB and O lineman more I believe.

I agree we need to draft secondary and OL but at 9 overall pick that may not be the best player out there. Dallas has drafted for need before only to have it blow up in their face. If that want to get OL then try to move back in the draft and get a top OL player and an additional pick.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
does it really matter? JJ will probably trade down anyway. If the draft is not all that deep, then you can get the same quality player a few picks dowm, and pick up a 2nd or 3rd in the process.

I hope not, as we need an impact / wow player as JJ says. But my money is on a trade down.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3796887 said:
This is actually exactly how I feel.

Fairley was unbelievable yesterday. I know some will disagree, but he's not far behind where Suh was last year. Great player. We need that edge.

Suh >>>>>>>>> Fairley

Suh was there in every game completely dominating, Fairley wasn't.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Kaika;3796916 said:

Dline is a need.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
HoustonFrog;3796903 said:
Really?According to Gosselin and others this is a pretty talent rich 1st round when you look at D-linemen, etc.

Top 10 talent? No there isn't. All the top 10 picks will be gone well before we pick at #9. I'm betting all top 10 talent will be gone by pick #6 at the latest.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
CATCH17;3796721 said:
Something about him just doesn't make me trust him with big dollars.

Even @ 9 he feels risky.

Bingo! This kid came out of nowhere this year after two fairly average JUCO seasons. He reminds me a lot of Glen Dorsey, but Dorsey had a much longer track record when he was drafted.

I think he's very risky that high in the draft.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CanuckCowboysFan;3796930 said:
More like Suh>>Fairley.

No, Suh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fairley

Suh is more physically dominating than Fairly AND has a far far far FAR better motor than Fairley.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
nyc;3796936 said:

Suh is more physically dominating than Fairly AND has a far far far FAR better motor than Fairley.

As for the game last night, I doubt Fairley sees many games in the NFL where the offensive game plan is designed to not block him but read him.

I was listening to Gruden on the radio broadcast and he said Oregon knew their small offensive line couldn't block him so they game planned to NOT block him and let the QB read him. That strategy contributed heavily to his dominant performance last night. He won't see that in the NFL.

Reaction score
nyc;3796936 said:

No, Suh>>Fairley.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Abosolutely!

This defense needs attitude the likes of which it hasn't seen since Haley retired.

Alas, he'll be gone by the time #9 rolls around. :(

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
I think it would be very interesting to see how he would do lined up next to Ratliff. That could potentially be a very disruptive defensive line.

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
He won't be there at #9 or slip out of the top ten. He doesn't really have any off the field issues to be honest; he was a bit standoffish in interviews and with the media but has had help in dealing with it better once everyone knew he would go to the next level.

He's not lazy like Haynesworth; he's going to have to check his emotions though as he's going to draw flags for the stuff he does do (plus get his arse beat in and then fined).