Would you get Fairley at #9?

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
Last night they said he's capable of taking over games, like Sue, if the secondary help ain't there i'll be smiling if we draft him hes a stud, hes on many people mock drafts so theres a chance he drops.Yea he is known to be a dirty player but we might need some bad A** out there like that who will be talking to offensive players all day unlike our players who are helping the opposing offense getting up, come on now.

WDN

Benched
Reaction score
If you want Fairley you will have to pick in the top 3.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WDN;3796714 said:
If you want Fairley you will have to pick in the top 3.

True and Carolina has already hinted that they plan on staying with Clausen at QB so don't be surprised in Fairley goes 1st overall.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3796719 said:
True and Carolina has already hinted that they plan on staying with Clausen at QB so don't be surprised in Fairley goes 1st overall.

Something about him just doesn't make me trust him with big dollars.

Even @ 9 he feels risky.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
You never know, but I find it hard to believe Fairley gets out of the top-3, unless somebody digs up some serious dirt or he just flops miserably at the combine.

He was the best player on the field last night and it wasnt even close.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
Let's all get a consensus on who we want, then dig up some character issues.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CATCH17;3796721 said:

Even @ 9 he feels risky.

Just based on what I have seen from him I think the guy has a very good chance of being a great player at the next level. No guarantees but then that could be said with any of the picks. I think the guy is a top 5 pick and a team like Carolina clearly could have their eyes on him as their 1st pick given the lack of talent on their front line. Also with newly named HC Ron Rivera I think it is even more likely he will want to build that defense

burmafrd

Reaction score
Dirty player. And in todays NFL he will be getting Personal Foul flags every game. Never seen a dirty player go clean.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CATCH17;3796721 said:

Even @ 9 he feels risky.

I bet he's gone at #6 anyway.

Seriously though... I agree. I think he has a little Haynesworth in him. Maybe not enough to ruin him, but at least some. And Broaddus said some things off the field will come up on him as the process moves along.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3796743 said:
Just based on what I have seen from him I think the guy has a very good chance of being a great player at the next level. No guarantees but then that could be said with any of the picks. I think the guy is a top 5 pick and a team like Carolina clearly could have their eyes on him as their 1st pick given the lack of talent on their front line. Also with newly named HC Ron Rivera I think it is even more likely he will want to build that defense

Another thing I look at is him being a 3-4 end... He would be pretty much wasted in a 3-4 scheme.

Im not so sure Dareus isn't a better fit for what we do.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Unless all these QB needy teams pass on a QB we have a shot at Peterson, Fairley, or Quinn.

Or AJ Green :eek:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
I'm not excited about this draft at all. IMO there are very few solid first rounders in this draft. Definitely not enough for Dallas to land not only a quality first rounder, but even less likely one of any type of need. (DT, DE, S, OT)

DFWJC

Reaction score
If by some miracle he dropped to #9, I would be all over taking Fairly.

jbsg02

Reaction score
I think he has Albert Haynesworth written all over him, the good and the bad

windjc

Reaction score
Fairley was the MVP of the BCS Championship game. That was the most dominant performance by a DL in any game at that level I can remember. He single handedly blew up an offense that was averaging 45 point a game and 300+ rushing yards per game.

Fairley was unstoppable. On almost every play. It was truly remarkable.

The guy is going to be REAL good at the next level. I'd love to have the guy. And I think its a + if he's mean. The issue with Haynesworth is that he is selfish, lazy and self serving. Is there any indication that Fairley is those things?

Sure Fairley's going to get some 15 yard penalties, but that doesn't make him Albert Haynesworth.

Reaction score
Chris in Arizona;3796728 said:
I almost feel he is less likely to slip to 9 than Patrick Peterson is.

This is actually exactly how I feel.

Fairley was unbelievable yesterday. I know some will disagree, but he's not far behind where Suh was last year. Great player. We need that edge.