Would you get Fairley at #9?

Nirvana

Reaction score
CaptainAmerica;3796940 said:
As for the game last night, I doubt Fairley sees many games in the NFL where the offensive game plan is designed to not block him but read him.

I was listening to Gruden on the radio broadcast and he said Oregon knew their small offensive line couldn't block him so they game planned to NOT block him and let the QB read him. That strategy contributed heavily to his dominant performance last night. He won't see that in the NFL.

That's got to be the worst game plan I've ever heard of.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
nyc;3796936 said:
No, Suh >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Fairley

Suh is more physically dominating than Fairly AND has a far far far FAR better motor than Fairley.

CanuckCowboysFan;3796945 said:
No, Suh>>Fairley.

[youtube]RL1Vcn8yX1g[/youtube]

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
MarionBarberThe4th;3796758 said:
Unless all these QB needy teams pass on a QB we have a shot at Peterson, Fairley, or Quinn.

Or AJ Green :eek:

Yea someone is going to be up there when the Cowboys pick and they're going to be able to get a SOLID player. Every seems to be on the same page that Fairley, Peterson and Green are probably going to be top 3 players in the draft. But I wonder does a team pick up a qb?

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
cowboyschmps3;3796710 said:
Last night they said he's capable of taking over games, like Sue, if the secondary help ain't there i'll be smiling if we draft him hes a stud, hes on many people mock drafts so theres a chance he drops.Yea he is known to be a dirty player but we might need some bad A** out there like that who will be talking to offensive players all day unlike our players who are helping the opposing offense getting up, come on now.

Damn right I would. He's a poor man's Suh with tons of upside. He is a game changer!

DFWJC

Reaction score
Here are some randon excerpts from a few sample mocks as of 1/11/11.

WalterFootball: Fairley to Buff at #3; Dallas gets Amukamara at #9.

Draft King: Fairley to Cincy at #4; Dallas gets DE, Adrian Clayborn at #9.

newnfldraft: Fairley to Buff at #3; Dallas gets DT, Stephen Paea at 9

expertmockdraft: Fairley to SF at 7; Dallas gets DE, Robert Quinn at 9...ok

nepatriotsdraft: Fairley to Wash at 10; Dallas gets DE, Cameron Jordan at 9....doubt Fairley falls to 10th

CBS(Rang): Fairley to Buf at 3; Dallas gets Clayborn at 9

CBS(Reuter): Fairley to Cincy at 4; Dallas gets OT, Derrick Sherrod at 9

DraftSeason: Fairley to Cincy at 4; Dallas gets CB, Janoris Jenkins at 9

QiSports: Fairley to Buff at 3; Dallas gets OT, Nate Solder at 9.

Nirvana

Reaction score
DFWJC;3797040 said:
Here are some randon excerpts from a few sample mocks as of 1/11/11.

WalterFootball: Fairley to Buff at #3; Dallas gets Amukamara at #9.

Draft King: Fairley to Cincy at #4; Dallas gets DE, Adrian Clayborn at #9.

newnfldraft: Fairley to Buff at #3; Dallas gets DT, Stephen Paea at 9

expertmockdraft: Fairley to SF at 7; Dallas gets DE, Robert Quinn at 9...ok

nepatriotsdraft: Fairley to Wash at 10; Dallas gets DE, Cameron Jordan at 9....doubt Fairley falls to 10th

CBS(Rang): Fairley to Buf at 3; Dallas gets Clayborn at 9

CBS(Reuter): Fairley to Cincy at 4; Dallas gets OT, Derrick Sherrod at 9

DraftSeason: Fairley to Cincy at 4; Dallas gets CB, Janoris Jenkins at 9

QiSports: Fairley to Buff at 3; Dallas gets OT, Nate Solder at 9.

Mel Kiper has him number 1 as of today. So does Sporting News. With Ron Rivera as HC, I think that factors in as well.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Nirvana;3797048 said:
Mel Kiper has him number 1 as of today. So does Sporting News. With Ron Rivera as HC, I think that factors in as well.
Wouldn't surprise me that much if he went #1.

I usually see Bowers going #1 more than him if Carolina goes D-Line. But either way, we agree that at least as of right now (very early), he looks like he would be long gone by #9.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I'd take him at a 9, and then follow it up with a 2 hour long celebration dance. Too bad he's not even coming close to falling to #9.

Anyone who can't see his obvious talent is either a hater, blind or really doesn't know anything about football.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Fairly is one hell of a player, but he is the dirtiest player I have ever seen in the collegiate ranks. He literally TRIES to hurt people and he will end more than 1 career if he continues in the NFL. I wish nothing but the worst for him, and I don't want him on my favorite team. I don't need choir boys, but I don't need thugs like him either.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
I was listening to Gruden on the radio broadcast and he said Oregon knew their small offensive line couldn't block him so they game planned to NOT block him and let the QB read him. That strategy contributed heavily to his dominant performance last night. He won't see that in the NFL.

a) If that's true, the Oregon coaches are the stupidest coaches in the history of football.

b) He was absolutely dominant in every big game I watched him play in this year. The Alabama and LSU games that won them the SEC Western divison, and the South Carolina SEC Championship, and then the National Championship game. Evidently all of those teams must have employed the same strategy.

ndanger

Reaction score
DIAF;3797083 said:
Fairly is one hell of a player, but he is the dirtiest player I have ever seen in the collegiate ranks. He literally TRIES to hurt people and he will end more than 1 career if he continues in the NFL. I wish nothing but the worst for him, and I don't want him on my favorite team. I don't need choir boys, but I don't need thugs like him either.

Says the guy whose sig. says " I can't wait till Romo is no longer a Cowboy" BRILLIANT!

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
ndanger;3797091 said:
Says the guy whose sig. says " I can't wait till Romo is no longer a Cowboy" BRILLIANT!

Put that aside for a second, and try to stay on thread topic. Have you seen Fairley play more than a couple of games on TV? I am down here in SEC country, and watch a lot of Auburn games. He's picking up and slamming players, driving shoulders into the ground, leads with his helmet, spears QBs in the back, and puts helmets on knees in multiple games this year. Opposing SEC coaches have been complaining to the commissioner all year about his on-field behavior.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
As for the game last night, I doubt Fairley sees many games in the NFL where the offensive game plan is designed to not block him but read him.

Spot on could not have said it better myself. And better than suh ha, come on guys lets get real.

ndanger

Reaction score
DIAF;3797099 said:
Put that aside for a second, and try to stay on thread topic. Have you seen Fairley play more than a couple of games on TV? I am down here in SEC country, and watch a lot of Auburn games. He's picking up and slamming players, driving shoulders into the ground, leads with his helmet, spears QBs in the back, and puts helmets on knees in multiple games this year. Opposing SEC coaches have been complaining to the commissioner all year about his on-field behavior.

Charles Haley was not a very nice man when he was a Cowboy either. I loved every minute of him being a Cowboy.

ndanger

Reaction score
DIAF;3797099 said:

Point taken none the less.

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
ndanger;3797112 said:
Charles Haley was not a very nice man when he was a Cowboy either. I loved every minute of him being a Cowboy.

Erik Williams and Kevin Gogan were a couple of boyscouts.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
ndanger;3797112 said:

Yeah, but Charles Haley wasn't trying to put people in the hospital. Being nasty and being dirty are two different things. Haley was nasty. Fairley is 10x dirtier than James Harrison is in his wildest dreams.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
InmanRoshi;3797079 said:
I'd take him at a 9, and then follow it up with a 2 hour long celebration dance. .

Me and you both. Would love to see him on our DL.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
CATCH17;3796721 said:
Something about him just doesn't make me trust him with big dollars.

Even @ 9 he feels risky.

Reminds me of Andre Smith out of Cincy, high bust potential. He might get his money and get lazy real fast