Would you give up eating meat?

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
This whole giving up meat to reduce your carbon footprint was started by the cows, ya know.

Illini88228

Reaction score
Given where Dallas is, and how that part of the country feels about climate change, I doubt there's much consensus on this board that climate change is a crisis. Just sayin...

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Afigueroa22;4575801 said:
This whole giving up meat to reduce your carbon footprint was started by the cows, ya know.

Well, more or less.... :D

eat-more-chicken.jpg

Rynie

Benched
Reaction score
I tried once to do a cleanse...lasted 7 days..that sonic cheeseburger never tasted so good.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
This sounds like complete bull****.

How about you just eat meat that isn't raised with crops that are fertilized with that type of fertilizer?

My family goes to some local guy who raises grass fed cows without the hormones and whatever else and they split a cow with some friends of the family. We don't do it because we're organic or anything and want all that promotional part but my family knows the guy and he cuts a pretty sweet deal to where the half cow on a per pound basis comes out right around the cost of hamburger at the store. And it has everything, steaks, roasts, burger.....whatever you want out of the meat you can get. Just gotta let him know before hand.

When I read this, it just reeks of some holier-than-thou vegan who's trying to appeal to the climate change crowd.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Something I never understood.

Environmentalist and evolutionist are usually the same people.

One one hand they say we are unnaturally destroying the environment.

One the other hand they say we are just another animal who has no more right to live than any other .

But if we are just animals how are we doing anything unnatural that nature cannot handle ........ when we evolved naturally?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;4575831 said:
And by the way, if you are buying into this tripe, don't go organic.

http://times247.com/24-7-videos/study-organic-eaters-are-meaner-more-judgmental

Eating organic makes you a jerk.

:D

Then my whole damn family are jerks! That's all they eat and it makes me sick!

:mad:

It was not long ago that today I would be out grilling steaks and such!

We used to have basic family meals until our stepdaughter moved in with us. But, noooo...she has everyone eating all that crap!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4575849 said:
Yes. I have cut down meat quite a bit in recent months since learning of this.

:rolleyes: :cool:

I bet Austin eats meat...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4575853 said:
Well that changes nothing.. I used to eat meat 3 meals a day. Now I eat it one time, usually dinner.

That's cool...just don't believe some of the crap you read. ;)

Eating chicken or turkey is probably the best for you, but a good steak now and then is good. Hell, even a bologna sammie tastes good sometimes!

;)

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;4575853 said:
Well that changes nothing.. I used to eat meat 3 meals a day. Now I eat it one time, usually dinner.

Why not just find a source of meat that isn't crop-fed?

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I gave up beef and pork almost 20 years ago. Mainly for dietary reasons. I eat chicken, turkey, and fish. At this point, whenever I've eaten beef by accident, I get a stomachache.