Would you give up eating meat?

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
No. There are worse things scumming up the earth than the natural act of eating the natural things the earth produces.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
viman96;4575995 said:
There is a reason we were born with teeth.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

(stupid cowboy fans)

You were born with teeth? :eek: Damn!

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I don't believe in all of the global warming bs. There have been plenty of reports disputing the "evidence" presented. The Earth works in cycles. We've had hot spells and ice ages, over and over again. The planet heats up and then cools down. It's part of our planets cycle. If you disagree, that is fine by me you are all welcome to your own opinion just as I am to mine, but I personally don't buy into it.

I do believe eating too much red meat isn't good for you. Stick to a mostly Chicken based diet with some red meat here and there, and you'll be fine ;)

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
5Stars;4576011 said:
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

(stupid cowboy fans)

You were born with teeth? :eek: Damn!

hahaha...well you know what I meant.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jammer;4575974 said:
My wife is like this, although she can eat pork. I've even tried "slipping" some beef into something I cooked (thinking it was "mental" on her part) and it wasn't long before she started having an upset tummy. She wasn't always this way, but when I went to Korea years ago for 13 months our doctor suggested we take all meat away from my daughter for dietary reasons. My wife tried the best she could and did do away with beef, but still nibbled on pork, poultry, and fish. I guess the year away from beef screwed her system up somehow and since then she hasn't been a very good cook because she can't taste anything with beef in it.
I can probably still cook it, but I'd probably cook it based off memory vs taste. I'm not so bad where something beef flavored would bother me.

Faerluna;4575977 said:
I gave up meat for awhile many years ago. The first time I had beef again it made me sick, too.

I don't have that problem anymore, but I try to keep the beef consumption to a minimum these days.
Yeah, I'm sure my body would adapter over time. But really, I have no desire to eat it anymore. I might longingly look at a rib when my fam BBQs it, but other than that, I'm good without it.

At this point, I'm trying to cut back on my consumption entirely, but I don't have that type of discipline yet. However, I have upped my overall consumptions of veggies.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
Vegans have the worst smelling gas on the planet.

There, my contribution is complete. Carry on.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
tomson75;4576054 said:
Vegans have the worst smelling gas on the planet.

There, my contribution is complete. Carry on.

Don't ever eat Kashi Go Lean Crunch. Word to the wise.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
DragonCowboy;4575950 said:
How do you not see how your argument makes no sense?

I would love to shed some light on why he cannot, but I am sure I would get another warning so I won't.

stinger26

Reaction score
Only time I don't eat meat is on Ash Wednesday and Fridays during Lent.

Burgers are on the grill right now.

jwitten82

Reaction score
zrinkill;4575843 said:
Something I never understood.

Environmentalist and evolutionist are usually the same people.

One one hand they say we are unnaturally destroying the environment.

One the other hand they say we are just another animal who has no more right to live than any other .

But if we are just animals how are we doing anything unnatural that nature cannot handle ........ when we evolved naturally?
Really?

rkell87

Reaction score
I have no need to read the article because I don't really care what is has to say I have always eaten meat, will always eat meat, and couldn't care less what the effects of my meat eating are.

I also do not believe you can get enough people on this planet to stop eating meat to have a profound effect on anything, so I think time and resources should be diverted to an effort that has a shot of making an impact.

That is just me though.:D