Would you make K. Richard HC if that's the only way to keep him?

droopdog7

Reaction score
Jimmy Johnson was fired. You want to keep moving the goalposts? Seattle players vouch for him being a great defensive coach. And of course the video means jack to you. You’re used to clapping in Dallas.....not a coach going up to a guy giving specific instructions on what they need to do. I understand droop
Ohhhhhh, Richard is the only coach on this team that teaches with instruction. NOW I get it.

kevm3

Reaction score
This defense has done more than 'play hard'. They've put on a dominant performance at times, even with key pieces like David Irving and Sean Lee out. Byron Jones went from looking like a bust at safety to looking like one of the best cornerbacks in the league. Anthony Brown was on a down year last year and he looks much better. '

Instead of watching us hold Brees to 10 points, we would have been either watching the Saints blow us out or we'd have watched Brees march down the field with the last possession and score a touchdown. I don't know how he'd do as head coach, but what he's brought so far to the team is tangible improvement.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Could be, could be. But that doesn’t mean he’ll be a great head coach. The fiery guy doesn’t usually last very long.
True. But I guess that's what I see in his style, that reminds me of Jimmy Johnson's.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Ohhhhhh, Richard is the only coach on this team that teaches with instruction. NOW I get it.
Has it worked before this year? You’re taking parts of my posts and reacting. Successful teaching needs to come with results. These are the best results we’ve seen since Wade. Another great teacher. Rod ain’t the guy he was hyped up to be

cern

Reaction score
Has it worked before this year? You’re taking parts of my posts and reacting. Successful teaching needs to come with results. These are the best results we’ve seen since Wade. Another great teacher. Rod ain’t the guy he was hyped up to be
Neither was Monte. Zimmer was our last outstanding dc. We made a smart move signing Richard.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Kris Richard will be our DC next season.

I don't see an NFL team offering him their HC position without him having been a DC yet successfully for a few years.

He's a fantastic position coach. Absolutely. Is he a fantastic DC? We'll see next year.

I absolutely love what he's done with our secondary this year and I love his fire and passion but this does not make him a top HC candidate.

This is a rare "pump the brakes" from me. Our only competition from the rest of the NFL regarding him is teams offering him a DC job. He won't take it. He has a proven defense here that he can work with already.

If things continue to go well for him over the next couple years, THEN we might see him getting HC offers.

Edit: poor phrasing

Last edited:

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score

I don't see an NFL team offering him their HC position without him having been a DC yet.

He's a fantastic position coach. Absolutely. Is he a fantastic DC? We'll see next year.

I absolutely love what he's done with our secondary this year and I love his fire and passion but this does not make him a top HC candidate.

This is a rare "pump the brakes" from me. Our only competition from the rest of the NFL regarding him is teams offering him a DC job. He won't take it. He has a proven defense here that he can work with already.

If things continue to go well for him over the next couple years, THEN we might see him getting HC offers
Wasn't he the DC of the legion of boom?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
you do realize he calls the plays right? This notion that he needs the DC title is funny. He’s the guy right now. Cowboy media has reported this several times.

I don't see an NFL team offering him their HC position without him having been a DC yet.

If things continue to go well for him over the next couple years, THEN we might see him getting HC offers

plasticman

Reaction score
The Cowboys are legitimate contenders. With continuous improvement, no additional injuries to key players, and a fair amount of luck, their probability for winning the Super Bowl is higher than fractional. I would put the odds right now at ten percent.

In any case it isn't impossible.

I feel bad for Garrett haters, they are caught in quite a contradiction.

When the Cowboys play their next divisional game they must root for the Cowboys to lose if they want to see Jason gone within the next 5 seasons.

I have faith that none of them would ever wish the burden of lobbying for Jason's removal after being in a Championship game.

And if the Cowboys win? Heh, heh....did you know the forum archives go back almost a decade? That's how long the posts today will be able to be referenced.

cern

Reaction score

I don't see an NFL team offering him their HC position without him having been a DC yet successfully for a few years.

He was defensive coordinator for the Seahawks. In 2015 his defense ranked first in points allowed. Ergo, great dc.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
He was their DC from '15-'17 and then got fired. I was speaking more as him being DC for the Cowboys, I worded my post ineffectively. He took a demotion job and is doing well in it, that's not a ringing indicator of a good HC in the NFL.
I hope you're right about that, and this is how other teams are viewing him, so Dallas can somehow retain him. But on Espn tonight they were saying he's already being viewed as a head coaching candidate for next season throughout the league. Probably just the east coast mediots pumping that out, in hopes he's dislodged from our team.
:espn:

Last edited:

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
He was defensive coordinator for the Seahawks. In 2015 his defense ranked first in points allowed. Ergo, great dc.

You don't get fired from a job to then take a demotion, perform well, then move two rungs up the ladder in one year. That's not really how it works from what I've seen.

I guess we'll find out, yeah? I'll gladly eat crow if he's HC somewhere next year.

cern

Reaction score
He was their DC from '15-'17 and then got fired. I was speaking more as him being DC for the Cowboys, I worded my post ineffectively. He took a demotion job and is doing well in it, that's not a ringing indicator of a good HC in the NFL.
I suspect he was told he'd be the dc after this season. Perfect choice for our young d-backs.

cern

Reaction score
You don't get fired from a job to then take a demotion, perform well, then move two rungs up the ladder in one year. That's not really how it works from what I've seen.

I guess we'll find out, yeah? I'll gladly eat crow if he's HC somewhere next year.
That's incorrect. Many fired hc's get hired as coordinators. Since he's already been a coordinator, I would not be surprised he gets a few offers. But as you said, we'll find out.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I suspect he was told he'd be the dc after this season. Perfect choice for our young d-backs.

I suspect the same thing. I think Marinelli told Dallas he was about ready to hang up his clipboard and that they needed to find his replacement. So, they snagged Richard. I suspect he'll have a couple nice years here as DC and potentially be our next HC (depending on if Garrett can get Dak and our offense rolling over the same time span).