Would you make K. Richard HC if that's the only way to keep him?

Swanny

Reaction score
He also has the GOAT quarterback. I look forward to seeing Beli without Brady.
Meh they make each other. But Bill was still successful even when Brady was injured those two seasons. I think it was 2 Seasons that Brady missed the whole season..?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I would agree with you if the players all say how hard nose of a coach Garrett is. But they seem to like him. Which seems to mean that he's easy to get along with.

Don't recall any of the players going to basketball games with Jimmy or Landry? Yet they were good coaches.
He brings them to flex his clapping skills

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Todd Bowles was THE defensive coordinator after a couple of years in Arizona and went to the Jets to fix everything and failed. Obviously the roster has something to do with that, but acting like promoting a successful coordinator to HC is worth it just makes me laugh.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I think he will be fielding a few DC offers at this point. If our defense keeps this up and and say we're heading into January @ 11-5, I imagine a HC job or two comes his way.

Would Jerry move on from Garrett after a 11-5 season to keep K. Richard?

Jerry wouldn't move on from Garrett after a 7-9 season. Jason is the perfect yes man.

MikeT22

Reaction score
No I want an offensive guy at the helm. Let's be real, the Jones clan have shown no evidence that they can consistently build elite defenses. This year is an anomaly.

I want a real HC at the helm regardless if he specializes in offense or defense. Having someone in charge of the offense/defense is what coordinators are for,

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
So many ripped Jerry for hiring Garrett because he was a position coach that was gifted a coordinator job with no HC experience, and now you want to do the same thing with Kris Richard?

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marinelli did say last year that this is probably his last year. Richard probably will be DC here. Plus, Richard is a developmental coach. He isn't just going to leave. Our young defense has enough raw talent for him to lament his wisdom and knowledge to make the defense special. He came here because he saw potential in our defense. So he is developing our defense. That's what he does, develops defensive units with elite potential.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I just find it beyond hilarious that he came out of the bye with a conscious decision to clap less to avoid the heat, and that we're undefeated since.

K. Richard is the type of guy I could see lighting a fire under everyone's ***. I would love to have him as our HC.
We lost to Tennessee coming out of the bye

erod

Reaction score
Marinelli did say last year that this is probably his last year. Richard probably will be DC here. Plus, Richard is a developmental coach. He isn't just going to leave. Our young defense has enough raw talent for him to lament his wisdom and knowledge to make the defense special. He came here because he saw potential in our defense. So he is developing our defense. That's what he does, develops defensive units with elite potential.
That's cute and all, but if a team comes calling for an HC job, he's gone.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I think he will be fielding a few DC offers at this point. If our defense keeps this up and and say we're heading into January @ 11-5, I imagine a HC job or two comes his way.

Would Jerry move on from Garrett after a 11-5 season to keep K. Richard?
Not gonna happen

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
If Dallas finishes at 11-5, Garrett is not getting fired and unfortunately, Linehan probably stays as well. Richard will either be named the def coord or he leaves for a HCing job.
I don't see any possible way Linehan is back next year unless this team averages 40 ppg from now through the super bowl.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I would absolutely make him HC to keep him. Even the worst Cowboys detractors have taken note of the physicality and tenacity of our defensive unit which has been absent for a very long time. Technical aspects, fundamentals, scheme, attitude. All improved.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I knew this would happen too. I predicted Richard saving that losers job. :facepalm:

You're mad the Cowboys are winning and post on a Cowboys site. Someone come put me out of my misery if my life gets that sad. Thanks guys.

garyv

Reaction score
Kris Richard could be named Assitant Head Coach same pay as the Clapper