Would you offer Will Hernandez a modest contract

RonWashington

Reaction score
Part of one of the worst offensive lines the Giants who takes penalties like 52 takes penalties no thanks to Hernandez goodbye Connor Willians.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
No. He's a dumb player who would drive everyone nuts by him taking a stupid personal foul penalty after the whistle. He also has feet of cement that don't play well in zone blocking schemes.
Still sounds way better than Connor

NotForLong

Reaction score
We have too many stupid penalty machines as it is.

For those who haven't bothered to look at his stats....... as you can see he actually played, damn well in fact, at LG, but struggled at RG. PFF doesn't even list him in their top 150 free agents but Connor Williams is their 3rd best G with a projected contract of $6.6M. So signing him will be dirt cheap......$3-4M would be my guess.

2018 ( his rookie year ) at LG played 1027 snaps, 2 penalties and 5 sacks allowed

2019 at LG, played 1068 snaps, had 4 penalties and 2 sacks allowed

2020 at LG, 525 snaps, had 1 penalty and 1 sack allowed ( tested pos for CV and missed 6-7 games ) In fact, lost his starting job at LG.

2021 at RG, 1049 snaps, 8 penalties, 7 sacks allowed.

Apparently only at RG and not LG which is good for this team . . .

If He can contain himself I believe He is exactly what the Cowboys are looking for. . He more then any other available O-Lineman, especially for the price, can push this O Line to the next level.

We need someone nasty that can run block

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Apparently only at RG and not LG which is good for this team . . .

If He can contain himself I believe He is exactly what the Cowboys are looking for. . He more then any other available O-Lineman, especially for the price, can push this O Line to the next level.

We need someone nasty that can run block

this^^^^^

NotForLong

Reaction score
Didn't help Romo...his jersey was purchased on his own merit, not cause he was Hispanic.
Yeah but half of America thought He was Italian . . . and back then Hispanics (Mexicans) were watching soccer

NotForLong

Reaction score
this^^^^^
Yeah bro I am with you . . . I think this was a great post.

Also someone else mentioned that He hated the Cowboys . . . but I think it was the opposite. . . I thought I heard he loved the Cowboys and was ticked off that he wasn't drafted by them

This could be our next "Ron Leary" that we tried to convert "Light in the ***" Connor into

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Also someone else mentioned that He hated the Cowboys . . . but I think it was the opposite. . . I thought I heard he loved the Cowboys and was ticked off that he wasn't drafted by them

This could be our next "Ron Leary" that we tried to convert "Light in the ***" Connor into

Yep .......from my understanding he actually spent some time training with a couple of OLmen before the draft

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know he was high on our list coming out. In fact, if I remember correctly he spent time training with our OL before getting drafted. 2021 was not his best year, but part was moving from LG to RG. Spent his entire career at LG then had CV19 never got his job back ( see article below ). Noticed his PFF stats (below) 2018, 2019 and 2020 all at LG. Probably wouldn't take more than $3-4M to sign him.

https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/will-hernandez/46180?season=2021

https://nypost.com/2021/07/28/will-hernandez-has-new-challenge-in-giants-contract-year/

6e47e1829284d32532a437ec20a67564c0fbdf5b.gifv

Gaede

Reaction score
I hate the way he played against us. Always looking for a fight.

That said, if he's doing that for us, it's totally different

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

DYXcgnEWAAcwcNh.jpg

There are several pictures of him with our offensive linemen out there. He also works out regularly in Dallas with Duke Manyweather. The connection is significant.