Would you outright want to just get out of Dak's contract?

Motorola

Reaction score
Attempt to trade first.
A tall task at this juncture- two weeks before the draft.

And- it would have to be a sign & trade deal.
But with Prescott presumably wanting a very lucrative 3rd (and possibly last) contract- the team wanting him will be stingy with the draft capital they will fork over.
Cowboys' compensation demands too much...the other team will just respond "Nah - we'll wait until he becomes a free agent in 2025."

Havic

Reaction score
A tall task at this juncture- two weeks before the draft.

And- it would have to be a sign & trade deal.
But with Prescott presumably wanting a very lucrative 3rd (and possibly last) contract- the team wanting him will be stingy with the draft capital they will fork over.
Cowboys' compensation demands too much...the other team will just respond "Nah - we'll wait until he becomes a free agent in 2025."
I don't see it likely (trade) but I'm good with eating up the entire contract and outright release if Lance shows he can start. If not, we ride Dak out for 1 more year and then look for other options after.

12+88=7

Reaction score
The problem with many is that they believe Dallas will never have another QB if Prescott leaves.

The first QB I rooted for was Dandy Don, so I can assure you that will not be the case.

Dallas may have to wait for the next, or just luck out like they did with Romo and Prescott. But rest assured, there will be another.

I'm on letting Prescott play out his contract and see what awaits us in 2025.

Carson

Reaction score
They will either land the next Nathan Peterman/Aidan O’Connell or a Joe Burrow type

My $$$ is on a Aidan O’Connell. They lucked into an UDFA with Romo and then a 4th rounder in Dak

morat1959

Reaction score
The problem with many is that they believe Dallas will never have another QB if Prescott leaves.

The first QB I rooted for was Dandy Don, so I can assure you that will not be the case.

Dallas may have to wait for the next, or just luck out like they did with Romo and Prescott. But rest assured, there will be another.

I'm on letting Prescott play out his contract and see what awaits us in 2025.
Exactly what did we luck out on with Dak and Romo?

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Or do you wish to keep him? Or do you require a draft pick
get-the-hell-out-of-here-maurice.png

No suckers to be found for a draft pick so...............

morat1959

Reaction score
Dallas has had a top QB for the last 19 years.

One was an UDFA and the other was a 4th round pick. I would and most would say that's very lucky.

I guess your definition of a top QB and mine are different. Both were and are average at best. So we’re lucky to have 2 mediocre QBs the last 19 years.