Would you outright want to just get out of Dak's contract?

mardwin

Reaction score
A competent front office would have never agreed to a no-trade clause after making him one of the highest-paid QBs. They would have fought for that option to be on the contract as a safety net. At this point, the best they can do is to run the clock out and draft his replacement if Trey isn't the guy.

Creeper

Reaction score
I would want to know how much Dak wants for his next contract before I decide what I want to do with him. If he wants $60 million, I would plan to move on, but I would certainly try to get him to waive his no trade clause before he leaves for free agency. I do believe there is a market for a QB like Dak. Letting him play out his contract this year, then watching him walk away for nothing in return while the Cowboys eat $40 million in dead money next year would stick in my craw. I would do everything possible to make sure that does not happen.

If Dak would take $50 million, I would consider extending him, but it depends on how many years he signs for. I would not do another short term, 4 year, deal. If I sign him it has to be his last contract.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm sure Dak realizes by now he's plan B, or plan C. His agent should be quietly talking to people already.
Dak should hold out, he doesn't need some freak injury in OTAs.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just play out the year, then go from there. Since he will not be traded unless he agrees to it.
Can't outright release him and take that cap hit. So may as well play it out, since it is also MM's last year on his contract as well.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
why waste more years? Let him sit as a backup for this year and draft a new QB.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
A competent front office would have never agreed to a no-trade clause after making him one of the highest-paid QBs. They would have fought for that option to be on the contract as a safety net. At this point, the best they can do is to run the clock out and draft his replacement if Trey isn't the guy.
The language was always the blunder, the money was not the issue.
The NTC and NFT and Term was a triple mistake by this inept FO.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
At that point aren’t you daring him to just request a trade?
Why would he request a trade? he will be an unrestricted FA next offseason...that would be the reason he does not get extended. At this point i think Dak's camp is happy to play the year out and see what FA brings to the table.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
Why would he request a trade? he will be an unrestricted FA next offseason...that would be the reason he does not get extended. At this point i think Dak's camp is happy to play the year out and see what FA brings to the table.
I mean he’s got money doesn’t he want to win or feel good?

It’s gotta be the majority of cowboys fans want a new qb right

Chasing6

Reaction score
I guess your definition of a top QB and mine are different. Both were and are average at best. So we’re lucky to have 2 mediocre QBs the last 19 years.
We know there is on 1 top QB a year. If you do not win the SB you suck.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I mean he’s got money doesn’t he want to win or feel good?

It’s gotta be the majority of cowboys fans want a new qb right
Im talking soley from Dak's camps point of view, he wont seek a trade when he knows he will be FA#1 and it wont even be close next offseason. I dont think what the fans want has any bearing on any of this to be honest.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Indeed. A "competent front office" would also not have restructured the contract to the extent Dallas has. The future dead money is mind-numbing.

Chasing6

Reaction score
This thread is going places.
The fans that think playing QB is equivalent to playing singles in Tennis, one in one against the other QB, is beyond baffling.

It makes me think the NFL loves how ignorant and uneducated their target audience is.

Somehow this has become a multi billions $ business and fans are actually think they are watching a different sport, than the one that is actually on the field.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
The fans that think playing QB is equivalent to playing singles in Tennis, one in one against the other QB, is beyond baffling.

It makes me think the NFL loves how ignorant and uneducated their target audience is.

Somehow this has become a multi billions $ business and fans are actually think they are watching a different sport, than the one that is actually on the field.
Yes. We’re watching the games wrong we sure keep failing at watching the games .

IM ALL IN WHEN I WATCH THE GAMES

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Whatever they have to do to finally rid themselves of Dak Prescott, just get it done and move on!
it is time to change the name of the player we blame for "Jerry's way" for sure.....itll be good for the board to use a diferent name when we are blaming the playoff loss on the next QB....

Big_D

Reaction score
it is time to change the name of the player we blame for "Jerry's way" for sure.....itll be good for the board to use a diferent name when we are blaming the playoff loss on the next QB....

Absolutely. Jerry and Dak aren't getting it done, we'll see how the next GM/QB combo goes. 8 years certainly been a good enough sample size.