Would you outright want to just get out of Dak's contract?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Tony really got the short end of the stick with some of the lines that they put in front of him. Imagine if he had the lines that Dak has enjoyed throughout his career. I doubt his body falls apart the way it did.

I'm not advocating for this logic, but I think the Jones clan felt like Tony's mobility in the pocket could compensate for a less talented offensive line, allowing them to dispurse funds in other areas. If they would've just focused on building the trenches and establishing a strong running game, Tony could have made it work with anyone at receiver, esp with Witten on board.
Jerry was trading away premium assets and cap space for RW11, Carr, and the pricey FA types that people are mad we are not signing in the now.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry was trading away premium assets and cap space for RW11, Carr, and the pricey FA types that people are mad we are not signing in the now.
Yep. He went to extraordinary means to make sure that exciting passing attack endured, while other areas of the team suffered. Tells you all you need to know about him as GM. It kept the fan base excited, but it was smoke and mirrors.

I like the current approach better, but they need to do more about supplementing the trenches through free agency. To do so would mean cutting costs to the exciting positions like WR, and what does that do to QB1, having seen subpar performance from him when he doesn't have elite talent surrounding him?