Would you outright want to just get out of Dak's contract?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dallas has had a top QB for the last 19 years.

One was an UDFA and the other was a 4th round pick. I would and most would say that's very lucky.
Despite having a top 10 QB all those years most of this ridiculous fan base has put all the blame for our lack of playoff on our QBs. They think just change the QB and BINGO! This fan base will never be happy with any QB unless we win a SB with them.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Absolutely. Jerry and Dak aren't getting it done, we'll see how the next GM/QB combo goes. 8 years certainly been a good enough sample size.
28 years..its been 28 years with one of those parties ...which should be MORE than enough of a sample size for the fans to know what the problem is...

Big_D

Reaction score
28 years..its been 28 years with one of those parties ...which should be MORE than enough of a sample size for the fans to know what the problem is...
Unfortunately he isn’t going anywhere. That leaves 1 choice.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Unfortunately he isn’t going anywhere. That leaves 1 choice.
yup we move on to the next QB to blame, well not true we will get another HC in here soon enough to also blame. The problem isnt going anywhere thats for sure. If we draft one i cant help but feel bad for the kid when he is going through growing pains with the awsome leadership of CD and Micah blaming the loses on the rookie, after all he will be affecting thier "Bags of Money"....

Big_D

Reaction score
yup we move on to the next QB to blame, well not true we will get another HC in here soon enough to also blame. The problem isnt going anywhere thats for sure. If we draft one i cant help but feel bad for the kid when he is going through growing pains with the awsome leadership of CD and Micah blaming the loses on the rookie, after all he will be affecting thier "Bags of Money"....

Maybe after they "rebuild" we'll be in better shape? lol I couldn't even say that with a straight face. Should be interesting at least to see what they do.

visionary

Reaction score
I think the Raiders rumor is real

If a QB they like is available at 11 theyll take him but if 4-5 QBs go earlier and they dont like what remains they will trade us 11 for Dak

Dak makes the Raiders “relevant “, they ain’t winning a SB anyway with Mahomes and Herbert right there

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
434843623_122135880086145955_249513456476965353_n.jpg

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Or do you wish to keep him? Or do you require a draft pick
I say keep him and pay what he wants along with maybe a 3 or 4 more year extension. There are no vets available that are better than him and there are not any draft picks that could produce better than him. He is a leader and the locker room loves him, plus I'm sure that he will, this time for sure, be in the best shape of his life. His stats are better than any QB the Cowboys have ever had and he sells the most jerseys, so that has to mean something.

The only problem is that he has to play with a bunch of low level players that he has to make up for, and that is a hard job for him, so, keep him as long as the Cowboys can because they will never find another like him.

Motorola

Reaction score

If a QB they like is available at 11 theyll take him but if 4-5 QBs go earlier and they dont like what remains they will trade us 11 for Dak

Dak makes the Raiders “relevant “, they ain’t winning a SB anyway with Mahomes and Herbert right there
Raiders signed Gardner Minshew a month ago for 2 years at $25 million, $15 million guaranteed.
He will compete with Aidan O'Connell (2323 starter) for QB1, and perhaps a rookie QB if they choose to pick one.
Raiders GM and HC are not going to do an about-face and trade for Prescott - especially with contract having to be worked for who knows wants -for it for it happen.
The new duo aren't going to start their tenure in Las Vegas doing that.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I'm sure Dak realizes by now he's plan B, or plan C. His agent should be quietly talking to people already.
Dak should hold out, he doesn't need some freak injury in OTAs.
he is not quietly talking. he is already talking and getting ready for 2025. an agent, you are not.

Chasing6

Reaction score

Why would Dak want to do that?

morat1959

Reaction score

Please let this scenario play out!

Chasing6

Reaction score
Trade Dak and draft a QB. See what the rookie has or Lance. That gets you a higher draft pick in 2025.
Dak will be traded next year for a 3rd round comp pick in 2026. Late 3rd makes it basically a 4th. A year later basically makes the value of a 5th round pick.

That is you win as a GM in Dallas.

Real Men of Genius stuff from GM Jethro.

morat1959

Reaction score
Not going to happen.
Raiders already have plans in place for their QB room...
and they don't include Prescott.
There’s always hope. That’s all we have in this clown show of irrelevance in pro football for 30 years.