Would you outright want to just get out of Dak's contract?

Flamma

Reaction score
Top QBs actually compete for conference championships and SBs. They don't blow 13-3 one seeds with one and done playoff exits.

We have not had a "top QB" since Aikman.
Brock Purdy, Jalen Hurts, Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff, these are all top QBs? A lot has to do with the team. Matt Stafford didn't do anything until he went to a team that knew how to assemble talent.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well best thing is to :
trade him now and get something in return

otherwise

extend him for what he wants and stay with him for 4 more years ( this is losing another 4 years due to how much he costs)
Let him play out contract, and then get nothing for him, and he signs with another team ( this makes little sense)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Brock Purdy, Jalen Hurts, Jimmy Garoppolo, Jared Goff, these are all top QBs? A lot has to do with the team. Matt Stafford didn't do anything until he went to a team that knew how to assemble talent.
yes and dak and romo never had a good HC and staff, and GM.
And dallas wont go to a SB until they do, we are stuck with the gm , but a good HC is needed.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Compensation, no compensation it doesn’t really matter to me. I don’t care to explore compensation on a player on the wrong side of 30, you’ll never get what you’re looking for compensation wise. Just take the hit and move on let him go to whatever team he chooses. He’s earned that.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Easy. The majority of fans focus on the QB. I would imagine that QB jersey sales are close to the top on most teams.
So they buy the jersey of the player the want to get rid of. Ok that makes a lot of sense.

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't put it past Dak to not want a trade. To play out the last year so that the Cowboys get nothing for him. You know, out of spite.
Man, is he really that childish?

Now, don't get me wrong, if Dak wants out of the Jerry created clusterfudge, then I can't say I blame him.

kskboys

Reaction score
So they buy the jersey of the player the want to get rid of. Ok that makes a lot of sense.
I don't understand your statement.

Are you saying all fans always want to get rid of the QB? Why would you think that?

kskboys

Reaction score
Compensation, no compensation it doesn’t really matter to me. I don’t care to explore compensation on a player on the wrong side of 30, you’ll never get what you’re looking for compensation wise. Just take the hit and move on let him go to whatever team he chooses. He’s earned that.
Nooooo, he hasn't. But that's what he'll get anyway.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't understand your statement.

Are you saying all fans always want to get rid of the QB? Why would you think that?
Some of our fans think more than half of Cowboys want Dak gone, bur he is in top ten sales every year. No way that makes any sense.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well you would have to look at how many dak jerseys were sold past few years, then how many this year?
I doubt it is more than say 25000 which there are millions of fans so that is a small amount that like him enough to buy a jersey.

kskboys

Reaction score
Some of our fans think more than half of Cowboys want Dak gone, bur he is in top ten sales every year. No way that makes any sense.
Hard to say if that's accurate. On this site, you have hardcore fans. Your regular Rahrah fan may like him.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
he can still be traded, he can veto the trade if he doesnt like it.
Sure but given the reality of the purpose behind such clauses is given right in the name, "no trade," discussing any trade without the above front and center in discussion amounts to nonsense.

Flamma

Reaction score

Now, don't get me wrong, if Dak wants out of the Jerry created clusterfudge, then I can't say I blame him.
He's never come across that way to me, but I don't know how else to explain it. Dak is a valuable asset. Are they going to just let that walk away into FA? Nobody does that. Or does Jerry think by not paying anyone that it will light a fire up their butts to do what they couldn't do the last 3 years?

You know the saying, God works in mysterious ways? Jerry works in delirious ways.

Chasing6

Reaction score

It has never been more obvious that it is in Dak's best interest to become a free agent.

GM Jethro is being childish. Choosing not to participate in FA. Choosing not to resign expiring contracts. Choosing not to extend players that have earned an extension.

Making all in comments, when he is doing the complete opposite.

Jipper

Reaction score
I am so jaded right now that my only view is the sooner he is gone the better....really hate feeling this way but i supported him for so long, last season broke me. I just want him gone now.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Well, two thirds of the world are illiterate, they buy his jersey to look cool. lol. They probably go out and dance on a football field like their idol.

Mr_437

Reaction score
You need picks for a QB like Dak, heck, you can get a pick for Trey. A couple 1st for starters.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
And are too stupid to realize that. Jerry's teams are always QB dependent to a ridiculous degree due to poor roster construction. I'll never forget Romo get smacked at the snap because Jerry thought Costa was good. Ick.
Tony really got the short end of the stick with some of the lines that they put in front of him. Imagine if he had the lines that Dak has enjoyed throughout his career. I doubt his body falls apart the way it did.

I'm not advocating for this logic, but I think the Jones clan felt like Tony's mobility in the pocket could compensate for a less talented offensive line, allowing them to dispurse funds in other areas. If they would've just focused on building the trenches and establishing a strong running game, Tony could have made it work with anyone at receiver, esp with Witten on board.