CFZ Would you prefer an all-in year?

Asklesko

Reaction score
I would if we had an all in roster. This team is far from all in. If we are going to stick with Dak, he is going to need everything prefect for him. 3 very good wide receivers, a good running game, good O-line and a great defense. Too may holes to fill for sub par QB play.
Dak has already been given at least two great teams, and he has single-handedly squandered both. Just how great a team does Dak need?

JayFord

Reaction score
Yes

idc if we win a superbowl and end up with a Giants like stretch where they won theirs and turned into a crap sandwich then fine who cares

i have a 5 year rule....win the SB and idc what you do for the next 5 years

its why recently i been hard on the Caps their 5 years is up

jgboys1

Reaction score
Dak has already been given at least two great teams, and he has single-handedly squandered both. Just how great a team does Dak need?
I am done with him. I hope i never get to see him take a snap behind center for the Cowboys ever again.

Verdict

Reaction score
If we stop overpaying our own players all of our problems will take care of themselves. We have done it for years.

If we did that we would have the cap room to take some swings in free agency. I would trade Diggs today for a first and a third in this years draft.

He’s a business decision type of player that we are going to way overpay (like Tank) and rue for years. This is an example of what I am talking about.

Blast From The Past

Reaction score
The owner likes shooting his mouth off about what other teams do, particularly the last SB winner and the NFC rep this year. He doesn't like the risk.

What say you? You Risky Rick or Safe Sam?

Would you take an all-in year if it meant losing seasons for the following 2-3 years? And no assurance your all-in risk even pays off in the season.

Ya see, that's his problem, being irrelevant so he doesn't get so many interviews and face time. That's all it is, it isn't about the downside of the risk because they will still buy tickets, he won't lose anything monetarily by going all-in.

It is an interesting situation if an owner does say go for it as Kronke did in LA and Lurie has in PHL because they're won the bet. Now, how long it takes LA to recover to contention status remains to be seen. And we have yet to see the 2023 PHL roster.

How bad do you want that 6th ring? Willing to have a couple of back-to-back 6 or 7 win seasons to go for it? It's one thing to win it all but are you prepared to lose it, not make the SB and then suffer for a couple of seasons?
I don't foresee the Eagles having a down year the next 4 or 5 years. Roseman is really shrewd and has them in great shape for a run. We are not in that mentality in our FO. A all in year is not desirable from this fan as I like long term success but not middle of the road success. I'm talking competing for Championships every year. Must be done but the question is will it ever?

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, but only if someone else is in charge. Jerry does not have the football knowledge to make the moves to go all in. He does ridiculous stuff going all in like signing #2 CB Carr to a huge contract, foolishly trading up for MO, trading valuable picks for WR's, and STs drafts.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don't foresee the Eagles having a down year the next 4 or 5 years. Roseman is really shrewd and has them in great shape for a run. We are not in that mentality in our FO. A all in year is not desirable from this fan as I like long term success but not middle of the road success. I'm talking competing for Championships every year. Must be done but the question is will it ever?
Eagles are set up perfectly to let some players walk and replace them w/ high draft picks. If they draft wisely, they could continue super bowl contention for several years.

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
The owner likes shooting his mouth off about what other teams do, particularly the last SB winner and the NFC rep this year. He doesn't like the risk.

Would you take an all-in year if it meant losing seasons for the following 2-3 years? And no assurance your all-in risk even pays off in the season.

Ya see, that's his problem, being irrelevant so he doesn't get so many interviews and face time. That's all it is, it isn't about the downside of the risk because they will still buy tickets, he won't lose anything monetarily by going all-in.

It is an interesting situation if an owner does say go for it as Kronke did in LA and Lurie has in PHL because they're won the bet. Now, how long it takes LA to recover to contention status remains to be seen. And we have yet to see the 2023 PHL roster.

How bad do you want that 6th ring? Willing to have a couple of back-to-back 6 or 7 win seasons to go for it? It's one thing to win it all but are you prepared to lose it, not make the SB and then suffer for a couple of seasons?
we don't need an "All in year", just sign the right FA and draft well. You had Suh and Joseph siting out there w/o having to give up any draft capital. TY Hiton should have been brought in after week 2. Although Zeke performance has dropped off, he and Pollard (run game), should have been our identity. Having said all that PLEASE don't spend any money on Zeke.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
Heck yeah.. it’s been way too long. I’m surprised that the owner don’t feel like this too. They should!!! Lol

Captain43Crash

Reaction score

Of course I would go all in!

Dallas has a legacy because they won 5 Superbowls!!!!!
Their legacy is diminishing by the year!!!

Only 1 fan base, is truly happy, at the end of the year! Of course I want to be that fan base!!!!

If our D picks up a dominant DT, upgrades at CB and DE( Sam Williams could be the upgrade with improved play), this D could be TRULY elite. Dak should be able to make a few plays a game while driving the bus.

This team is CLOSE! Go all in this year!

Last edited:

IrishAnto

Reaction score
How much closer are we if Dak develops as much as Hurts has in a year?

I know it’s not all about The QB. But how much difference does it make if Dak played at a MVP level this year or in the playoffs throughout?

Even great QB need a solid supporting cast. But could we be closer than we think if our QB was at a MVP level?

And this isn’t to bash Dak. Just food for thought. Does this dysfunctional organization have the ability to build a championship caliber team without a MVP caliber QB? I’m not sure.
They proved with Dak and Romo that they do not.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing the Cowboys go all in but not with Dak. That would kill this team. They would end up going all in and still losing before the NFC championship game and be than the team would have to just let players walk. They need to draft another QB. I thought many people on here agreed this was Daks year and if he didn't get to at least the NFC championship he needs to go.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I would gladly accept two or three down years to go all in to win a Championship.

The Jones Boys have wasted over a decade trying to ‘keep their guys together’ and that hasn’t gotten us anywhere.

kevm3

Reaction score
absolutely I want an all in year. How can you compete against teams who are going all in if you aren't?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I would rather the Cowboys strive for sustained success rather than just one year of winning it all followed by several years of stinking.

blueblood70

Reaction score

might be fun for fans but if this were the norm ie a blueprint why do most teams do it closer to hat the Boyz do? 2 teams do it maybe few here and there but 28-30 run it more traditionally and all of sudden its pile on the jonses even though weve had b2b 12 2in seasons which is best in the league over the last 2 years in total wins =25 , 4 playoff appearances in the 6 years with 2 ,2nd round appearances that daks been upright,

maybe a little more aggressive would be nice but let stay in reality, that not a guarantee if you go all in , lets go get some more FA help but im not buying its as easy as one high-risk all-in go for broke and mortgage the future and you get a Lombardy,