Would you say you're legitimately invested in this team?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Zero invested. After 47 years of being a fan I finally stopped caring last playoff game against Greenbay. im here out of habit more than interest. The team has zero chance of advancing deep in the playoffs with Dak. So these games really don’t matter anyway .
:hammer: Speaking for million....

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
The least invested I've probably ever been. Sure, I'll watch the games but not with the same fire and passion that I used to. The only game I'll be going to this year is the Carolina game here locally, and that's via my company seats. Not my own personal money.

The day before the Green Bay playoff game, I went to a funeral in NY, woke up at 3AM, and drove 10 hours back just to make it home in time for them to lose in embarrassing fashion. It really broke me. It was so far away from my expectations it was almost laughable. Jerry's egregious approach to the off-season validated my complete disinterest in this team.

I've tuned out of Dallas sports radio (used to listen all day every day), snooze my podcast notifications every day, stopped buying merch years ago, and stopped doing my own amateur scouting of exciting draft prospects. None of it matters. I wish I could tune out altogether and do more productive things on Sundays.

Blue64

Reaction score
Zero invested. After 47 years of being a fan I finally stopped caring last playoff game against Greenbay. im here out of habit more than interest. The team has zero chance of advancing deep in the playoffs with Dak. So these games really don’t matter anyway .
Thank you for your honesty…
I’ve been a fan since 74, but since last year could care no more.
This team will never win anything with this cast and mentality.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I'm not invested like I used to be and this is largely on Jerry, he has continually shown he is not serious about winning. It's style over substance, ego over accountability, it's about selling a winning team versus building a winning team, it's an unserious team and not worthy of my emotional investment. I'm still a fan but it's just entertainment and this team feels like a TV show that's been on a long time and used to be great but has jumped the shark seasons ago.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I am emotionally invested in this team but also try to keep a reasonable perspective opinion. We have a win, a brutal loss, and a loss they fought back in. If they can tap into that spark that made them fight back, they can win more.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
If you are watching this team every Sunday, reading and engaging on this board regularly - you are engaged in this team whether you wanna admit it or not.

I’m def engaged with the team but these losses don’t kill me anymore, I get disappointed and annoyed but I’m over it and past it very quickly.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
What do you mean by invested? Cuz I'm still passionate about the team (for God knows why). I have the stars on my suit because this is my team. They frustrate me constantly, but it's still my team. I can't quit them.
Why can't you quit them? Are you an employee of the team?

Hardline

Reaction score
Until the lack of interest affects the merch and ticket sales it doesn't matter how apathetic the fans are.
The only reason I still watch is its free on TV.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why can't you quit them? Are you an employee of the team?

No, I mean I can't ditch them. It's my team, and it wouldn't feel right pulling for another team. But I'm so incredibly angry at Jerry. I've never seen success, and the blatant lies from him now make me angrier. I mean, how do you lie to your customers with such blatant and obvious obvious false statements?

Cmac

Reaction score
I am......but I'm not looking at a donkey but calling it a racehorse. I see:
OIP.RPnDe8a0qN5aEnVEh3olswHaE8

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
i started to check out after the 2016 greenbay loss
Still watched games but it felt really hollow.

Stopped watching when Big mike first got here with nolan. Got really interested when Quinn turned the defense around, then checked out again after the 2023 loss to SF, game was so winnable and the offense just couldnt do anything.
I barely watched last season, i just switched back to hockey, and thankfully its back again.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
I thinkbur confusing "invested" with realistic chance of doing something great.

Nobody with eyes and a brain whose an experienced football fan thinks this team will do anything great...but that doesn't mean your "checke out"..it just means your realistic. If your kid got D'Souza and F's in school his whole life, are you still hoping he'll become a brain surgeon? Hopefully your not that blinded by love....and eventually come to accept that your child is destined to clean toilets for a living, but that doesn't mean you stop being invested in him.

Thats what the Dak and Jerry Cowboys are like. A LOW IQ, low potential dumb child that you love.

LonnieElam

Reaction score
I'll watch. Yesterday, I watched game game in between eating, and talking to the homies (and drinking). I'm no longer financially-tied to the team, so that's nice.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Nope, as long as long a JJ/SJ call the shots they will fall on their face when it counts because they aren’t built to beat good teams in the playoffs

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Same here. That GB game broke me. Haven’t been able to watch these games like I used to.

JPM

Reaction score
I'm very indifferent to this team. For the first time in years, I didn't watch the draft or even research it. Missed 2 games for family events/sports and I don't really miss it.