Would you say you're legitimately invested in this team?

cwbyfan72

Reaction score
Been a fan since 79. The Green Bay playoff game was the tipping point. I watch the games, but have no heart in the matter, and neither does our team.

Flamma

Reaction score
What do you mean by invested? Cuz I'm still passionate about the team (for God knows why). I have the stars on my suit because this is my team. They frustrate me constantly, but it's still my team. I can't quit them.
Most of us love the team and don't like any losses, but I'm guessing he means expectations, and how badly you take the losses based on believing in this team. It's so so with me at the moment. I hate every loss, but my expectations are moderate. As bad as it looks, I'm still not counting this team out. It's still early.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Most of us love the team and don't like any losses, but I'm guessing he means expectations, and how badly you take the losses based on believing in this team. It's so so with me at the moment. I hate every loss, but my expectations are moderate. As bad as it looks, I'm still not counting this team out. It's still early.

Fair enough, I was really upset for the first three quarters yesterday, but I was glad to see the fight in the 4th. Just wish they played like that the whole game.

Ironicalicon

Reaction score
After 23 years of being a devout fan, and after Jerry and Dak's recent comments in the media, No.

I've thought before that I was fed up with the team but it was usually charged in part by alcohol intoxication. Now that I'm sober I am much less emotional and more logical. I'll hang on for as long as I can but I'm on the brink of being done with this team as long as the GM is named Jones.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I watch the games ...... hoping they win despite all the bad

I can now tell if they are gonna be able to win by the third possession of the game.

Come to this forum and see Jerry and Dak fans calling people haters and telling them to find another team.

Wonder how Jerry Jones turned the fan base against each other.

Wait for the next game ........ then the next season.

Thank God for Victor Wembanyama.

morat1959

Reaction score
The only nfl I watch is the Cowboys games. I could really care less if the entire league folds. The only reason I watch is to laugh at the circus and pull for loses. Not just loses but embarrassing loses.

fivetwos

Reaction score
I will always watch and follow. Haven’t missed a game since Dec 30 1990, and not by choice even once in my lifetime as a fan.

I ask one thing…..either be a team that has a shot for a championship, or be building toward it. This team is neither at the moment.

I just have zero faith in this FO. They are fully delusional, and are not at all good at what they do. If they can’t find the cap dollars to sign the necessary players, and have essentially admitted so, where are we going here?

The very unrealistic hope is several legendary drafts in a row. Stephen loves the idea of starting a fifth round pick over a 10m a year free agent. That’ll never add up.

foofighters

Reaction score
How are you feeling . Are you into this group? Or are you kinda just watching the games
Nope. Don't get me wrong. I love the Star. I always will. However, I am not interested much in NFL games that do not include the Cowboys. I was more excited about watching the Fever play (and lose) yesterday more than anything else. Games are too long and have way too many flags. I hate how defenses can no longer play defense. Now throw in what Jerry has done to this team and I really don't care. Even my wife is the same way. She became a fan because of me and now she's knows more about what's going on elsewhere in the NFL than i do. We used to plan big meals around Cowboys games and have people over. We don't do much of that anymore.

MC8828

Reaction score
For the first time in 40 years, not one bit. My kids are following my lead as well. They are still young enough I hope they go in an entirely different direction.

Eddie

Reaction score
I root for this team. But I knew 28 years ago that Jerry Jones was the problem.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How are you feeling . Are you into this group? Or are you kinda just watching the games
I am not. I said it before the season. I don't care about any of the games. I have watched a lot of the past three games, but happenchance. I don't plan around watching. I had no emotions yesterday. just watching and expecting to get destroyed. if not for a lucky bounce and recovery, it would have been just that. I predicted we give 200 yards rushing. that's exactly what happened. its going to be a long season. this team will not make the playoffs.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
After 23 years of being a devout fan, and after Jerry and Dak's recent comments in the media, No.

I've thought before that I was fed up with the team but it was usually charged in part by alcohol intoxication. Now that I'm sober I am much less emotional and more logical. I'll hang on for as long as I can but I'm on the brink of being done with this team as long as the GM is named Jones.
Yea if you watch the games jsut hoping for a fun sporting contest, some drama, and cool guys to root for this current season isn’t bringing that

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
I have been a fan of this team as long as I can remember and I am 54 years old. Been there for the 1-15 season and the SB years. The last 2 games I have turned the game off and put on the Redzone. These is the first year in all those years, I just don't care anymore. This team lacks heart. No will to fight when things are hard. It's really sad what this team has become. It's led by people that just don't give you any hope of turning things around.. Dak, Micah and MM are all losers that need to go ASAP, along with Jerry.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
After the debacle that was the Packers loss earlier this year, Jerry proclaimed that he was " ALL IN ".
He then proceeded to do mostly nothing in free agency, while we had a ton of free agents leave.
He then drug his feet most of the off season before signing CD to a fair market value contract.

The cherry on top of this crapfest of an off season was to give a good regular season QB the largest average salary contract in NFL history.

I have said this until I am blue in the face, this team is never having meaningful success until Jerry and and son are no longer in their current front office positions.

The NFL is a very competitive league. We are at a severe competitive disadvantage having two amateurs at the two most important front office positions.

No other NFL team has the lack of accountability in the front office that the Cowboys have.
This dysfunctional set up filters down to the coaches and players.
This is why the team has no heart and folds like a cheap suit the moment they get punched in the mouth.

I am at my limit after 49 years of giving this team my undying loyalty.

So I am stepping back and limiting my involvement with this team.

I am no longer having my Sundays revolve around this teams schedule.

If they are on local TV fine, I will watch. No more trips to the sports bars.

No more rearranging my families plans to accommodate watching games.

Until Jerry gets serious enough about winning to make meaningful changes thats gonna be my strategy.

I am beyond fed up with this poorly run excuse of a football team where the mantra seems to be just staying relevant.

As a side note, I really appreciate the Cowboys Zone. The banter and gameday game threads has kept me more involved with the team
that I otherwise would be.

Really have enjoyed the friendships made here.

Soth

Reaction score
It is hard to be invested. After collapsing in the playoffs last year, the front office did not make any moves to improve the team. In fact they made the team worse.

I think it is clear as day to anyone that Jerry and Stephen have no clue how to build a SB team.

Additionally, the crap officiating has really put me off from the NFL in general.