Would you say you're legitimately invested in this team?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Not really. I watch the games now with a sort of disconnected feeling. Good or bad, I don't let this team affect me. They win, cool, I turn it off. They lose, oh well, turn it off. I also find myself doing other things during the games and it becomes background noise. I also turn games off if they are getting blown out. I have too many other interests in life than to keep watching a bloodbath because I feel obligated.

Cowboys games just aren't that fun to watch if you watch other games around the league. Our offense is about as fun as watching paint dry. I see more physical defenses at a random high school football stadium on a Friday night in Texas. Watching other teams at this point gives me more enjoyment.

The same song and dance for nearing 30 years takes its toll over time. I am not there yet but at some point, I disconnect entirely and stop caring 100%.

I do wonder about the new generations of fans of the Cowboys. For their entire existence to start, every generation saw them have success. We all witnessed Super Bowls, NFC championship games, many playoff wins. Great times in each decade from the 60-90s. Gathering with family from a young age to watch games. This is how I became a fan. But for people born in the mid to late 90s, these people are now nearing 30 years old and have only witnessed this team win a total of 4 wild card games. 0 Super Bowls, 0 NFC champ games. As the years keep going by and the older generations die off, how loyal will the younger people have? They have zero to attach to for nostolgia. All they know is a middle of the road, losing franchise.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
I dislike the Jones family so much I'm not sure i want their team to win.

The way they have treated this franchise has me sometimes hoping that they never succeed and are forced to wallow in the scorn heaped upon them.

As a fan it's a terrible conundrum.

Sydla

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, Jerry has failed at a lot of things with regards to the football side of this. He's managed one of the most inept and depressing postseason runs over a quarter century that I can ever remember. He's put the Cowboys in the peer group with programs like the Browns and Commanders, teams that rival his franchise's postseason failures over the last 25+ years.

But one thing that he has been successful with - freeing up my Sundays. Yesterday, I missed the start of the game because I was up at the field watching my son's fall travel baseball practice. Normally, my wife would have done that while I watch the Cowboys. Not yesterday. And after practice, we all went up to the local pub for dinner and I watched casually on a TV in the restaurant. Normally, I'd never watch the Cowboys in a bar. And this is likely to continue now for my Sundays until something drastically changes.

As someone said, I am more here out of habit and some level of entertainment at seeing how the other fans are reacting to this disaster. But at the end of the day, I am no longer invested like I was say, 5 years ago. If Jerry is going to lie and disrespect his fanbase, then why should I really invest my time and my life in what his flawed franchise is doing week in and week out?

AyeAtey

Reaction score
Absolutely NOT!

I've followed this team for decades, about 1/2 a century worth. So it's not a cut and dry thing, but...

With each year after Jimmy, my interest waned.

Jerry mouthed off that there's 500 coaches out there who could coach this. Naturally gave him benefit of the doubt. Just coaching not the same as winning championships...NFC or SB.

More years passed and a pattern was established. All talk and for me it seemed he had no clue in how to build a bonafide football team.

Not much has changed; a toxic culture of uncertainty bloomed. It's a spiral that no one has so far has broken to start a new road to football success that so many of us were accustomed too.

This current football organization and management is broken, incompetent and I see no near turnaround.

For such a glorified team and organization, 25 years and counting of zero is too much to be "invested" 100%.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
I'll always be a fan. But I won't go out of my way to watch games if I have commitments or get stressed by losses. This is a very unlikeable organization right now. Tough to root for. From the owner to the players to the coaches. Even more unlikeable than that 08 team.

On a separate note, it's depressing to see so many opposing fans in the stadium. That rarely happened at Texas Stadium. It was full of passionate Cowboys fans.

Rajveer

Reaction score
My favorite college venue so far (and I graduated from Michigan State so I should be ashamed). Austin was cool but I really enjoyed the Big House. Boulder was fun last year.

Salt Lake City and Palo Alto have the worst fan bases I have ever seen, although I have yet to attend an Eagles home game.
If you have sinned enough in your life and you think you are going to hell, you can get a preview of it by going to an Eagles home game.

Trajan

Reaction score
Nope, this team is for suckers who still buy the Jerruh and Stephan garbage. This off-season really did me in. No growth, no urgency, no commitment to anything other than Jerruh / Stephan being showmen and doing the minimum.

Nothing will change, they just want a flashy, mediocre team who sells tickets.

Haven’t watched a film game this season, really just follow a bit out of habit.

My time is important, and if the owner and players don’t really care, why should I ?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Nope, this team is for suckers who still buy the Jerruh and Stephan garbage. This off-season really did me in. No growth, no urgency, no commitment to anything other than Jerruh / Stephan being showmen and doing the minimum.

Nothing will change, they just want a flashy, mediocre team who sells tickets.

Haven’t watched a film game this season, really just follow a bit out of habit.

My time is important, and if the owner and players don’t really care, why should I ?
It is hard to be a fan of a team when you know you want it more than the players and the owner/GM.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
If you have sinned enough in your life and you think you are going to hell, you can get a preview of it by going to an Eagles home game.
LOL.

Remaining bucket list games:

• Cowboys at Eagles (glutton for punishment)
  • Cowboys at Packers (only if not late in the season, know your limitations)
  • USC at Notre Dame
  • Army-Navy game

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
Absolutely NOT!

I've followed this team for decades, about 1/2 a century worth. So it's not a cut and dry thing, but...

Jerry mouthed off that there's 500 coaches out there who could coach this. Naturally gave him benefit of the doubt. Just coaching not the same as winning championships...NFC or SB.

More years passed and a pattern was established. All talk and for me it seemed he had no clue in how to build a bonafide football team.

Not much has changed; a toxic culture of uncertainty bloomed. It's a spiral that no one has so far has broken to start a new road to football success that so many of us were accustomed too.

This current football organization and management is broken, incompetent and I see no near turnaround.

For such a glorified team and organization, 25 years and counting of zero is too much to be "invested" 100%.

Absolutely NOT!

As it turned out, not just any HC could get this team to a SB. They missed out on a few more SB's when Jimmy left.

Praxit

Reaction score
....once Cowboy fan, always cowboy fan. There's no middle.

Win or lose, we stand firm.

Rajveer

Reaction score
LOL.

Remaining bucket list games:

• Cowboys at Eagles (glutton for punishment)
  • Cowboys at Packers (only if not late in the season, know your limitations)
  • USC at Notre Dame
  • Army-Navy game
You should try one SEC game, it is an experience.

Havic

Reaction score
I’m invested but also a realist. This team is considerably worse than last year and needs broken up. The problem is we just signed the qb and wr to long term deals. Doesn’t matter who comes in here. We are stuck with these two for four more years

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
I’m invested but also a realist. This team is considerably worse than last year and needs broken up. The problem is we just signed the qb and wr to long term deals. Doesn’t matter who comes in here. We are stuck with these two for four more years
Dak and CD are solid. They just aren’t good enough to overcome horrific GM and coaching

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I asked people many times. Why do you even like the Cowboys. I love the star and what it represents Mr. cowboy. All day long.