Would you say you're legitimately invested in this team?

Darkhound

Reaction score
Yes, but I hv a great appreciation for it, it was great for a bad joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least we can have some fun right?
I forsee our cowboys will navigate on mediocre waters for YEARS to come

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
How are you feeling . Are you into this group? Or are you kinda just watching the games
this year no

I strongly believe if you aren't getting better, you're getting worse and they chose to stand pat. More or less the same roster minus Tony Polard and added Eric Kendricks

show me you're serious and are willing to improve the team in free agency and I'll care

Buzzbait

Reaction score
"Invested"? Not really. I still watch all the games and hope they do well but truly "Invested"? Nah. I still like to see them draft good players, but ultimately not truly "invested". Hard to be truly invested when you know in your heart they're going nowhere as usual, and they're going there fast.

HanD

Reaction score
No I wouldn’t say I’m invested. I watch the games, I root for them to win. I don’t feel negatively after a loss though. I used to be crushed even after a loss in a losing Quincy Carter year. Being numb to the losing just feels wrong, but probably for the best this year.
Last year hurt too much. There have been some devastating ends to seasons over the years but the gb stomping hurt deep and crushed me. It changed the way I follow the team this year just like you described. I root for them but I'm numb. Not emotionally invested like it's always been since I was little.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I am enjoying all the chaos and negativity from the locker room. They deserve each other.
Cheers Mazel Tov GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

MikeT22

Reaction score
Last year hurt too much. There have been some devastating ends to seasons over the years but the gb stomping hurt deep and crushed me. It changed the way I follow the team this year just like you described. I root for them but I'm numb. Not emotionally invested like it's always been since I was little.
Yeah I knew they were soft and their flaws would end up biting them. But I thought it’d be by losing a close rematch against Detroit or finally getting back to a NFCC game but likely getting smacked by SF.

But to have circumstances hand us the 2 seed and then capitalize on it by getting annihilated at home in the opening round just exceeded all expectations.

But then to have Jerry run it back with the lame, lame duck HC and only replacing DQ with a retread on a one yr contract while also basically giving lifetime contracts to the deer in the headlights QB, pouting quitter WR and eventually to all-mouth Mr podcast, Id say my enthusiasm has dwindled.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I watch because I'm a fan. It used to hurt when the Cowboys loss.
Now?
I don't feel anything, and if I miss a game, it doesn't matter. I'm not even included to watch the Tivo of it.
I'm just indifferent now.
And, I like it. ... And, so does my wife. :)
I meant "inclined" not "included."

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
Yeah I knew they were soft and their flaws would end up biting them. But I thought it’d be by losing a close rematch against Detroit or finally getting back to a NFCC game but likely getting smacked by SF.

But to have circumstances hand us the 2 seed and then capitalize on it by getting annihilated at home in the opening round just exceeded all expectations.

But then to have Jerry run it back with the lame, lame duck HC and only replacing DQ with a retread on a one yr contract while also basically giving lifetime contracts to the deer in the headlights QB, pouting quitter WR and eventually to all-mouth Mr podcast, Id say my enthusiasm has dwindled.
Best post I have ever read on this site...been here since 2005.

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Honestly, my second and third favourite teams behind the Cowboys (and this should be unsurprising) would be the Broncos and Colts. That said, it just wouldn't fit me pulling for another team ahead of the Cowboys. My mindset doesn't work the same as most people. If it did, I'd have been an Eagles fan since most of my family is. I'm a very loyal horse. As angry as I am with the front office, I just don't have it in me to ditch.
I understand.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1964 I was a wee lad.
That was my first color television (star on the helmet/blue uni) experience and it's been Cowboys ever since.