Would you take a RB in the 2nd?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
If Michel is available at 50 and not any other big time LBs or OL/DL would you take an RB?

I think RB like Kamara would make more of an impact on this team than another WR. Williams isn’t getting cut so not many opportunities for a WR but a change of pace RB could get 5-10 touches a game.

Dylan88Wilson

Reaction score
You don’t have to cut Williams to cut his snap count. He’ll get demoted to Butler’s role.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I love Michel but i want no part of drafting a Rb atleast till the 6th Rd,use FA to get a change of pace Back.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Yeah naw, cant put that high a draft commodity into a RB after taking Zeke.
Once we get to the compensatory pics - have at it.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Michel is available at 50 and not any other big time LBs or OL/DL would you take an RB?

I think RB like Kamara would make more of an impact on this team than another WR. Williams isn’t getting cut so not many opportunities for a WR but a change of pace RB could get 5-10 touches a game.
Yes, a,WR with really good receiving skills could be used as a WR occasionally. A legit run-after-catch threat if a big need.

He can be the backup RB AND get they can more value out of the pick by playing him some at WR.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. I imagine you will have a number of picks still on the board that grade out better or the same that also fit a need. And I don't see SB falling to us I the second.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Conceptually it's not a no for me. I think it was David Helman who brought up the example of Atlanta's backfield and how it doesn't lose a step when one back goes down; that could be vital for a team dedicated to the run as much as we are. You also have to remember that Elliott is one strike away from an indefinite ban and his guaranteed money has been voided.

In practice, I'm not sure I like anyone enough to pull the trigger in the second. Even still, as much as it seems ridiculous to us, I think the coaching staff would prefer to add a Lance Dunbar type. We keep hearing about the receiving ability of Elliott, but they refuse to use him creatively as a receiver; possibly because they value his blocking too much.

DanA

Reaction score
Would be a no for me. Your talking about a guy that gets maximum 15 snaps a game unless Zeke is out.

And he was right near the top of Dane Bruglers fumble list. There’s good RB’s that can be taken much later where a pick that plays 15 snaps a game is good value.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Having Zeke and a guy like Ronald Jones would be pretty Dak friendly.

Just run the ball 50 times a game.

tm1119

Reaction score
Most Saints fans were probably saying hell no before they took Kamara last year...

Not that I have confidence in our coaching staff to figure out how to use 2 RB’s, but there is definitely a proven formula of 2 talented backs doing wonders for an offense.