Would you take a RB in the 2nd?

cowboyec

Reaction score
no.
we have more important needs to address.
I will admit tho...Georgia RB Sony Michel would be tempting but 2nd Rd is too early for us to take a RB.
5th,6th or 7th.
Akrum Wadley,Iowa
Justin Jackson,NWestern
Darrel Williams,Lsu

Sydla

Reaction score
No.

A thousand times no.

We shouldn't have taken a RB at #4 so to take a backup RB in the 2nd would be even dumber.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I hear what most of you are saying.... & I don't disagree.... but as Johnny23 said "talent trumps all".

What is our draft philosophy? Are we drafting BPA throughout the draft or only in the first? BPA at position of need? Just need?

If you are telling me there are 50 better players than Sony, I don't believe you.

If you are telling me that there is a sleeper back that has similar skillset to Sony that we can get in later rounds I can understand that argument but please don't argue BPA for other picks.

Sydla

Reaction score
I hear what most of you are saying.... & I don't disagree.... but as Johnny23 said "talent trumps all".

What is our draft philosophy? Are we drafting BPA throughout the draft or only in the first? BPA at position of need? Just need?

If you are telling me there are 50 better players than Sony, I don't believe you.

If you are telling me that there is a sleeper back that has similar skillset to Sony that we can get in later rounds I can understand that argument but please don't argue BPA for other picks.

The problem is that I don't think most people when they say BPA, they mean pure BPA. That you take the best player regardless of circumstances, especially with prime picks.

In other words, if the best player on the board at 19 is a TB, you still shouldn't take him because what "value" are you getting at that spot picking a guy that will play, say 20%, of the time? Now if the BPA when you are picking in the 5th round is a TB, then sure, that makes sense.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
If Michel is available at 50 and not any other big time LBs or OL/DL would you take an RB?

I think RB like Kamara would make more of an impact on this team than another WR. Williams isn’t getting cut so not many opportunities for a WR but a change of pace RB could get 5-10 touches a game.
Probably not unless it was a real value.

I do think we need to come away with one, but this is a pretty deep class.

There are a couple like Akrum Wadley, Darrell Williams and John Kelly you can get way later.

One player I really like that seems to be under the radar is NC State's Nyheim Hines.

rkell87

Reaction score
One of the few positions I'd be upset with taking early along with TE

DFWJC

Reaction score
Most Saints fans were probably saying hell no before they took Kamara last year...

Not that I have confidence in our coaching staff to figure out how to use 2 RB’s, but there is definitely a proven formula of 2 talented backs doing wonders for an offense.
But Zeke >>>>>Ingram

Plus Kamara went in 3rd

RamziD

Reaction score
If we get an extra 2nd (David Irving), I could see a pick like that if it’s someone who can be used as a WR/RB like Kamara or Tarik Cohen. I’d prefer it be in the 3rd or later, though.

dogberry

Reaction score
How many times will we run this season and how many will Zeke get?

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
no. our running back list is fine.

LOL...as if Alfred Morris was a savior. The guy could barely get out of bed after 3 weeks of work. Sign me up for a game changer like Ronald Jones II RB USC or Sony Michel RB Georgia in the 2nd. I just don't trust Elliott to stay out of trouble. That video of him pulling down that girls top....just stinks of a sexual preditor. The guy is gonna mess up a again....Just watch. Something just isn't right w/ that guy.:rolleyes:

Darthkuriboh

Reaction score
LOL...as if Alfred Morris was a savior. The guy could barely get out of bed after 3 weeks of work. Sign me up for a game changer like Ronald Jones II RB USC or Sony Michel RB Georgia in the 2nd. I just don't trust Elliott to stay out of trouble. That video of him pulling down that girls top....just stinks of a sexual preditor. The guy is gonna mess up a again....Just watch. Something just isn't right w/ that guy.:rolleyes:

Dez had social issues as well. he was assigned a couple of babysitters for a couple of years and he hasn;t had any since. I'll admit I wasn't really happy wiht the pulling the shirt down thing, but she didn't complain, so who are we to?

I do think he's a dumb kid led by his dick and that's a bad idea, but that doesn't really equal sexual predator.

strasscat

Reaction score
No way, that would be a wasted pick, zeke is a three down RB that will get 90 % of the snaps at RB. WR in the second after the best defensive player available in the first (DT, LB or safety)

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
What about if they went dual back in same set? Take Keith Smith off field and with both backs you could do some triple option 2-3 times a game.

Also the back could be the real Jet Sweep back where you fake to him and hand to Zeke. It would give defense pause.

I don’t believe Zeke should come off field often. I would rather take guys like Keith Smith or Witten off from time to time.

Give the other back a full series in each half (avg 5-7 plays each drive)

Use dual backs 5-10 plays a game that’s anywhere from 15-24 plays a game plus special teams if they can be another returner.

As long as they make big plays 3 times a game and get 5-10 touches a game I think it’s worth it. Even if they don’t touch it a lot they are still giving the defense something to think about.

Right now defenses key on Zeke and man everywhere else with some brackets on Dez and Beasely. It’s very easy to stop.

I’m thinking of non traditional ways to have more threats. I’m not sold on adding another typical WR because I don’t trust Dak to get the most out of them.

However adding another threat out of backfield behind this line and using Dak’s mobility more can get you another 50-75 yards a game.