Would you trade Gallup?

kumizi

Reaction score
No for a 2nd.

I'd consider it for a 1st depending on how the front office feels about the team being a legit contender this year.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
For a 2021 2nd rounder?

I could see a team like GB or SF wanting to trade for him.

Or do you want to keep the depth since he is under contract for this season and next?
No. He's good and we need multiple sets and good receivers in case of injury.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I’ll let the board explain this to you...
tenor.gif

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really? I think its a legit question. No way can we extend Gallup in 2 seasons.
Too bad there wasn't a poll included. Then you would easily understand why this isn't a legit question and something the vast majority of people would be against.

J12B

Reaction score
Perhaps it's possible that has already been the case.....and they have been there too long.

That's sick. Your a moderator and make a joke about people being in quarantine during a pandemic.

Real sick. You're disgusting.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He asked a setup question. :muttley: Had to expect if not revel in the responses!

Sorry...don;t think this is fair. It's been proposed by more than op and more than just right now. Are you saying there's no one in the league yo;d trade for? Hmmm...Not sure about you but I been around long enough to never say never....again.

But then we're all experts here right? Perfectly perfect with our own NFL championship teams.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's sick. Your a moderator and make a joke about people being in quarantine during a pandemic.

Real sick. You're disgusting.

Oh...someone is a bit sensitive about pandemic humor.

Edit: or maybe i been had

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's not depth, he's a starter. Why trade a starting WR when it's taking years to get to this kind of WR corps?
I don't think he was saying otherwise, I think he was just saying Dallas has depth at the WR position.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
For a 2021 2nd rounder?

I could see a team like GB or SF wanting to trade for him.

Or do you want to keep the depth since he is under contract for this season and next?
Under contract on a 3rd round rookie contract

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry...don;t think this is fair. It's been proposed by more than op and more than just right now. Are you saying there's no one in the league yo;d trade for? Hmmm...Not sure about you but I been around long enough to never say never....again.

But then we're all experts here right? Perfectly perfect with our own NFL championship teams.
Fair enough. We're all just offering our opinions here. Try not to be offended. It wasn't directed at you.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I would need a pass rusher.

Outside of that I’m not weakening a strength.

Big_D

Reaction score
You have a quality player with 2 years left on a rookie deal. You don't trade those guys. That would be one step forward, 2 back. Makes no sense at all. Plus he's not 'depth' he's a legit starter.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. Gallup is going to be our new number one receiver soon and will get paid like it in a couple years.

Remember, Amari Cooper's five year, $100 million deal is really a two year, $40 million deal with three team options added on.
But that could be the point - that in a couple of years it may be too expensive to keep all the receivers. If the team can't afford them all they would have to move somebody.

That's why, as much as I like Gallup (and I do really like Gallup) I think the OP's question, while not one that should be considered today, might have a real place a year from now. Depending on how things go over the next year, and depending on how confident the Cowboys are that they can sign Gallup to an extension they can live with, the OP's question may seem a lot more legitimate next year.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough. We're all just offering our opinions here. Try not to be offended. It wasn't directed at you.
I;m not offended. I get it...my reply is harsh. But so are so many others....and we relish in them often enough.

Just wish we would have a pop up "try not to offend" right before we hit "post reply".