Would you trade Gallup?

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Gallup is a pretty good receiver, why trade him?
Really.

Hardly ever seen a season go by when one of the starting WRs did not miss time with an injury forcing us to give Zeke 35 Carrie's a game in order to even compete.

Leave it alone and pray the cap goes up another $10 mil next year and sign him.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Gallup is an up-and-coming youngster gaining steady momentum to carve out a successful career. Why even consider such a thing? :huh:

Assuming he doesn't deserve to be retained, he wouldn't be likely to attract another team to relinquish a 2nd round draft pick anyway. Crazy.

Last edited:

InTheZone

Reaction score
Really? I think its a legit question. No way can we extend Gallup in 2 seasons.

We have Cee Dee Lamb now.
Better start seeking 1st round picks now for Gallup because there is 0% chance Gallup remains in Dallas. Also one reason I was opposed to a 1st round pick, you're basically writing off his future in Dallas.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Really? I think its a legit question. No way can we extend Gallup in 2 seasons.

We have Cee Dee Lamb now.

What? Why not? He’s not a #1 and he’s not going to seek #1 money. And by the way we want to win now and this receiver combination is deadly.

Now, while I wouldn’t shop him, no one on this team is untouchable. I would trade him if I was approached first and someone blew my socks off.

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Better start seeking 1st round picks now for Gallup because there is 0% chance Gallup remains in Dallas. Also one reason I was opposed to a 1st round pick, you're basically writing off his future in Dallas.

the cap already goes up 10 mil roughly per season.

No lee, no Crawford and many more I’m sure will leave lots of free money.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Gallup is an up-and-coming youngster gaining steady momentum to carve out a successful career. Why even consider such a thing? :huh:

Assuming he doesn't deserve to be retained, he wouldn't be likely to attract another team to relinquish a 2nd round draft pick anyway. Crazy.
Good lordy Flop.

You mean you do not think he is worth a top five pick this next season if we could trade him?

Hmmm..

I have heard from some very reliable sources who say we are only 10 guys away from a championship.

And that anybody we no longer need is worth 3 times what they cost us becuz they once were Cowboys.

Swear to God. I'll fact check it and prove it.

Better yet, you prove it.

I"m too busy.

:lmao2:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Good lordy Flop.

You mean you do not think he is worth a top five pick this next season if we could trade him?

Hmmm..

I have heard from some very reliable sources who say we are only 10 guys away from a championship.

And that anybody we no longer need is worth 3 times what they cost us becuz they once were Cowboys.

Swear to God. I'll fact check it and prove it.

Better yet, you prove it.

I"m too busy.

:lmao2:

LOL -- nope, he's not a #1 wideout but he may become one, given a reasonable amount of time to develop. Wise men just don't trade a young guy capable of such upside. Be that as it may, I know you're just doing your famous tongue in cheek routine! I'm wise to your tricks. Nice try anyway, good sir . . . o_O
:grin: :dance: :muttley:

Last edited:

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
LOL -- nope, he's not a #1 wideout but he may become one, given a reasonable amount of time to develop. Wise men just don't trade a young guy capable of such upside. Be that as it may, I know you're just doing your famous tongue in cheek routine! I'm wise to your tricks. Nice try anyway, good sir . . . o_O
Darn.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Everybody is tradable but I’d want a ridiculous price.
Thanx, Bill Belecheat.

Now sit down.

By now you have figured out that suddenly losing Brady and having $25mil available on your cap..

does not now automatically add another ring for your toe.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
In two years they will have a decision to make in regards to keeper Cooper or Gallup but until then I don’t understand the logic behind trading him. He is cheap and a 1,000 yard receiver.

Verdict

Reaction score
For a 2021 2nd rounder?

I could see a team like GB or SF wanting to trade for him.

Or do you want to keep the depth since he is under contract for this season and next?

It’s not a great question, but I’m a glutton for punishment so I’ll play along. It’s not as I’ll advised as bringing Dez back would be, but it’s close.

I would trade every player on the team at a certain price, but that price is not a second for Gallup at this point. I wouldn’t trade him for a first right now.

Undisputed

Reaction score
2019, Receiving Yards per Game

1. Michael Thomas. 107.8
2. Chris Godwin. 95.2
3. Julio Jones. 92.9
4. Mike Evans. 89
5. Davonte Adams. 83.1
6. Michael Gallup. 79.1
7. DJ Moore. 78.3
8. DeAndre Hopkins. 77.7
9. Travis Kelce. 76.8
10. Robert Woods. 75.6

Yeah...you'd have to give me a King's ransom to surrender this third year player.
:laugh:

kskboys

Reaction score
2019, Receiving Yards per Game

1. Michael Thomas. 107.8
2. Chris Godwin. 95.2
3. Julio Jones. 92.9
4. Mike Evans. 89
5. Davonte Adams. 83.1
6. Michael Gallup. 79.1
7. DJ Moore. 78.3
8. DeAndre Hopkins. 77.7
9. Travis Kelce. 76.8
10. Robert Woods. 75.6

Yeah...you'd have to give me a King's ransom to surrender this third year player.
:laugh:
Don't forget, he's just a #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kskboys

Reaction score
He had #1 numbers in 19!!!!!!!

Basically, I'd be thinking more along the lines of cutting Coops in 2 years and using Gallop/Lamb as the combo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
For a 2021 2nd rounder?

I could see a team like GB or SF wanting to trade for him.

Or do you want to keep the depth since he is under contract for this season and next?

That would be a stupid move he’s a starter coming off a 1000 yard season. He hasn’t even reached his ceiling yet. With the addition of Lamb the Cowboys arguably have the three best starting WRs in the league. McCarthy runs three WR sets most of the time. No way do we break up this three headed monster we have at WR. The most exciting thing about drafting Lamb was adding him to what we already have. If you trade Gallup you leave yourself a hole in the slot because Lamb would take over at #2.