Would you trade him for Dak?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I love what Dak is doing here in Dallas. The leadership, the poise, the accuracy, decision making, etc, etc. I firmly believe he's the future. We have not seen this type of excitement for a young player, especially at QB, in a long time here in Dallas.

But I want to change the conversation a little and look at some hypotheticals which involve the other young QB's in the league. A would you trade Dak right now for QB X or QB Y.

We have spent countless hours debating Dak vs. Romo or Dak vs. Wentz. but lets compare Dak versus the careers of some of the QBs around his age (23). Most of these guys have more experience than Dak but with varied results. A few guys were top 5 picks. This is just for fun and conversation sake.

Dak Prescott - Age 23. 4th round pick. Rookie year. 3-1 as a starter. Stepping up for a team that desperately needed quality QB play after losing their starter for the 2nd season in a row. 3 Tds and 0 ints.

Would you trade Dak for any of these guys?

Jameis Winston- Age 22. 2nd year. Former Heisman trophy winner and National Champion. #1 overall pick. Over 4,000 passing yards and 22 Td's as a rookie. 7-13 so far as a starter in the NFL.

Marcus Mariota- Age 22. 2nd year. #2 Overall pick. 2,800 passing yards and 19 Td's as a rookie. 4-12 as a starter.

Derek Carr- Age 25. 3rd year. 2nd Round Pick. Has improved stats each year. 3,200 yards and 21 Tds as a rookie to almost 4,000 yards and 32 Td's in his second season. Carr is lighting it up in his 3rd season 9 Td's to 1 int. 13-23 as a starter on a much improved Raiders team

Blake Bortles- Age 24. 3rd season. #3 Overall pick. Big jump from season 1 to season 2. Threw for 2,900 yards and 11 Tds rookie year but broke out with a 4,400 and 35 Td season in year 2. Interception prone with 41 career ints. Hard to praise him or fault him for his stats due to playing on such a bad team that is always throwing the ball. 9-25 as a starter.

Jimmy Garapolo- Age 24. 3rd season. 2nd round pick. Very limited stats in 13 games played, but has looked like a future star in his short time. Coached by Belichick and the under-study of Brady has to give him an edge on the field.

Before the year started it might have been a no-brainer to trade our 4th round pick for any those guys. But now you've seen him on the field. You've seen him play great with a star on his helmet. He's the future. Would you trade him for another teams future at QB?

Love Carr. Bortles is good also. But I take Dak over all of them. Winston is a joke of a QB by the way.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Carr would be the only guy id take off that list , he's in his 3rd year and hes balling, he's going to be real good for a long time he's got that relentless attitude

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
would not trade for any of those QB. Dak has started 4 games when looking at guys like Carr who I think is a very good QB yet his numbers over his 1st 4 games were not as good as Dak. I think Dak will continue to develop just as Carr has and I think Dak future is very bright. I will stay with a winning hand.

Should review the numbers. Carr has a 104.6 QB rating right now, ranked #6

Dak has a 98.5 qb rating, ranked 15th

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
I'd rather keep Dak over any of those guys.

It's all conjecture about how those guys would play here, but Dak is winning with this team... No hypotheticals.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
As of right now and for those guys you would be dumb to trade him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

I referring to the same point of their careers. Carr after his 1st 4 games as a rookie was not 104.6. People want to compare a rookie to a 3rd year starter? Carr has improved as a QB given the time he has played. Dak is at game 4 of his rookie season. I know the numbers Carr in his 1st 4 games had as many ints as he did TD.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

That is completely irrelevant. The game itself can dictate QB ratings. (especially the old QB rating system) Remember, Dak hasn't thrown many TDs, but then again. He hasn't had to and that reflects highly on that old rating system.

QBR is actually a far better rating system that the old QB rating. (granted it isn't perfect either) If you look at QBR, Dak is #2 while Carr is #6.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
HALE NO! Would never trade Dak. Big mistake.

Dak has that IT factor. He was destined to be a Cowboy and take us to the SB again. Book it.

Gameover

Reaction score
[

Dak Prescott - Age 23. 4th round pick. Rookie year. 3-1 as a starter. Stepping up for a team that desperately needed quality QB play after losing their starter for the 2nd season in a row. 3 Tds and 0 ints.

Would you trade Dak for any of these guys?

Jameis Winston- Age 22. 2nd year. Former Heisman trophy winner and National Champion. #1 overall pick. Over 4,000 passing yards and 22 Td's as a rookie. 7-13 so far as a starter in the NFL.
No. Threw interceptions in college, they think he would improve on this in the NFL?
Marcus Mariota- Age 22. 2nd year. #2 Overall pick. 2,800 passing yards and 19 Td's as a rookie. 4-12 as a starter.
No. Didn't think he had NFL skills coming out.
Derek Carr- Age 25. 3rd year. 2nd Round Pick. Has improved stats each year. 3,200 yards and 21 Tds as a rookie to almost 4,000 yards and 32 Td's in his second season. Carr is lighting it up in his 3rd season 9 Td's to 1 int. 13-23 as a starter on a much improved Raiders team
Yes. Best young QB in the league(Besides God Wentz, right Risen!)
Blake Bortles- Age 24. 3rd season. #3 Overall pick. Big jump from season 1 to season 2. Threw for 2,900 yards and 11 Tds rookie year but broke out with a 4,400 and 35 Td season in year 2. Interception prone with 41 career ints. Hard to praise him or fault him for his stats due to playing on such a bad team that is always throwing the ball. 9-25 as a starter.
No. But have only seen him once.Ever
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

flosho

Reaction score
Idk.. I feel like we got our own Russ-Willy here... I'd stick with Dak unless it was to put Rodgers or Rothlisberger in our backfield.