Would you trade McFadden for Peppers?

haleyrules

Reaction score
I would trade Darren for whatever any club offered. Peppers would be asking for too much I would say. I was thinking more like a bucket of KFC...Crispy.;).

Swanny

Reaction score
Really? Why would GB do that!? You might as well ask would you trade DMC for JJ Watt. Both trade scenarios are just as likely to happen

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Could have gotten Dwight Freeny for peanuts. Right now he has 3 sacks for the season. I wonder if Cowboys may look into trading Romo for JJ Watt next year? Throw in a 2nd rounder?

Nah, folks didn't like the idea of an old guy producing; he'd be a "progress stopper" we were told.

:rolleyes:

Reactions: BAT

Leadbelly

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade to the Packers because it only makes them better. Let them try to win without a running game. Only helps us. Knile Davis does not solve the Packers problem.

If I trade DMC he's heading back to the AFC. It only makes sense to acquire a 29 y/o RB if a team is pretty good but their running game is underperforming. Ravens, Chargers, Jags. We trade him to an NFC team and you KNOW the Fates will have us playing that team in the playoffs. Bad juju.

DMC is not worth nothing. DMC is a starting caliber RB.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think this is a no-brainer for us. I thought we should have signed Peppers when we had the chance and that already came back to bite us.

McFadden does nothing for this team right now, and Peppers would be an immediate upgrade and really help cement this defense by bringing some pass rush for a year.
what?
GB, is this a joke. Honest question.

I'm thinking maybe you're posting this to mock some of the outlandish ideas for trades (all favoring Dallas by a mile) that have been posted lately.

is it?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
I think people think Julius Peppers is 27, isn't on the last year of his contract, and not on the verge of being a backup to a younger better player on a team that has no running game. No Knile Davis is not the answer to their woes.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
As for would I trade for Peppers? He's 36 years old. Let's compare him this year to a guy we have

Julius Peppers 6'7 285 pounds. 2.5 sacks on the season, 6 tackles, 1 FF

David Irving 6'7 273 pounds. 1 sack, 5 tackles, 3 FF

No, I do not trade for Peppers who is in the twilight of his career. I watch Irving develop who is only 23.

haleyrules

Reaction score
As for would I trade for Peppers? He's 36 years old. Let's compare him this year to a guy we have

Julius Peppers 6'7 285 pounds. 2.5 sacks on the season, 6 tackles, 1 FF

David Irving 6'7 273 pounds. 1 sack, 5 tackles, 3 FF

No, I do not trade for Peppers who is in the twilight of his career. I watch Irving develop who is only 23.
Irving looks like a good kid and the Cowboys got him for nothing!!

Verdict

Reaction score
Based on talent alone, probably, but I don't know their cap numbers, so it is hard to know if it would be s good deal for the Cowboys or not.