Would you trade... RW11 and a 2nd for Marshall..

hammer1

Reaction score

We got where we got this year because we were a team in every sense of the word...The last thing we need is another T.O.

Hammer

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
hammer1;3247316 said:

We got where we got this year because we were a team in every sense of the word...The last thing we need is another T.O.

Hammer

The price we pay for him is a player who actually takes away from the team and a 2nd round pick, if it doesn't work out ship him off to the highest bidder and no problem. He would be better behaved here than in Denver.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Rampage;3247308 said:
when is the last time a team won a superbowl with two #1 wide receivers?
Arizona got there, but didn't win it. IMO if you get Marshall in here Austin is more of a #2 than a #1. Austin has the breakaway potential but he's a consistant threat for a 7-10 yard gain and an occasional broken tackle that he can take for good chunks. Marshall becomes the #1 instantly, which I don't think Austin would care about as long as he has a role, and he's the game changer. So if you go with my Arizona analogy, Marshall is your Fitzgerald and Austin is your Boldin (minus the whining) and Crayton is your Breaston (Romo is better than Warner and our defense is better than theirs).

Austin is the kind of WR who doesn't care about his label and only about his ability to contribute, I think as long as he still gets to go on the field he'll be happy.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
I would welcome Marshall with open arms.

That dumb ***** could of easily made that story up about Marshall hitting her.

She wants $$$$$

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247244 said:
Well since the trend of the week is would you trade X for X? I decided Ill jump in this bandwagon.

Would you trade Roy Williams and 2010 2nd Round pick for Brandon Marshall?

I would, no question. Marshall is my 2nd favorite WR outside of Miles Austin, only after Andre Johnson.

Austin/Marshall would be 10x more deadly than Fitzgerald/Boldin

If I had to, I would even up it to a 1st round pick and Roy Williams.

CZ people continued obsession with loser turds amazes me.

DEZBRYANT x88x

Caps8Cowboys41
Reaction score
Rampage;3247308 said:

the answer would be never cause it isn't necessary to waste the money on a #1 wr if you already have one.
So true...

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Gzus;3247318 said:
Arizona got there, but didn't win it. IMO if you get Marshall in here Austin is more of a #2 than a #1. Austin has the breakaway potential but he's a consistant threat for a 7-10 yard gain and an occasional broken tackle that he can take for good chunks. Marshall becomes the #1 instantly, which I don't think Austin would care about as long as he has a role, and he's the game changer. So if you go with my Arizona analogy, Marshall is your Fitzgerald and Austin is your Boldin (minus the whining) and Crayton is your Breaston (Romo is better than Warner and our defense is better than theirs).

Austin is the kind of WR who doesn't care about his label and only about his ability to contribute, I think as long as he still gets to go on the field he'll be happy.

Miles had more yards than Marshall this year in less games if im correct, either way they would both be #1s in the minds of Defensive Coordinators.

dadymat

I'm kind of a Big Deal
Reaction score
Legal trouble

According to Orlando-Orange County public records (case 48-2004-MM-012392-O), on Halloween 2004, while a student at UCF, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.

On March 26, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house.

May 25, 2007, after Marshall completed anger management counseling.

In the early morning of October 22, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol.[57] A trial was scheduled for September 16, but Marshall instead agreed to a plea bargain four days earlier; he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability impaired.[58] He was sentenced to one-year probation and 24 hours of community service.

On June 12, 2008, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance.[59] The case was eventually dropped as part of a plea bargain for the October 22, 2007 driving incident involving alcohol.

July 28, 2008, Douglas County deputies fielded "about 11" calls to Marshall's home since January 2006. The article stated that one call resulted in Marshall being arrested (the March 26, 2007 domestic dispute), and some did not involve him at all.

A September 17, 2008 article on CompleteColorado.com stated that the solicitor's office in Fulton County, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on September 10 for an alleged incident on March 4, 2008, in Atlanta, Georgia. Marshall was booked on March 6, then released the next day after posting a $1,000 cash bond.[61] The case was assigned to Judge John Mather in Georgia state court.[62] On August 14, 2009, a jury in Atlanta found Marshall not guilty.

On March 1, 2009, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall was released on a $300 bond.[64] The charges were dropped the following day.

this is all i need to know about Brandon Marshal....

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
dbair1967;3247320 said:
CZ people continued obsession with loser turds amazes me.

The turds are the ones you could get for Roy Williams and a 2nd round pick.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247324 said:
The turds are the ones you could get for Roy Williams and a 2nd round pick.

He's not going to be traded, so the point is moot.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
dbair1967;3247332 said:
I was talking about Roy Williams.

ah- I stand corrected, one can hope and dream- putting him on the field is like lining up with 10 people instead of 11, but worse somehow.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247317 said:
The price we pay for him is a player who actually takes away from the team and a 2nd round pick, if it doesn't work out ship him off to the highest bidder and no problem. He would be better behaved here than in Denver.
I agree, the only reason why he was whining there was because he was felt he was underpaid, which I agree he was. Marshall only made $2.2 million this previous season, compared to Fitz's $10 Moss's $9 and Andre Johnson's $7.5 (Boldin is seeking somewhere around 9). Marshall's play justifies him making somewhere around 7-8 million a year, which would likely also peg Austin around 6 million. Marshall in everyway seems like he's no where near the team killer that TO is, he's a team player who just wants to get paid properly (so does Josh Cribbs). Hey Jerry go get him and pay the man and Austin :pray:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Gzus;3247336 said:
I agree, the only reason why he was whining there was because he was felt he was underpaid, which I agree he was. Marshall only made $2.2 million this previous season, compared to Fitz's $10 Moss's $9 and Andre Johnson's $7.5 (Boldin is seeking somewhere around 9). Marshall's play justifies him making somewhere around 7-8 million a year, which would likely also peg Austin around 6 million. Marshall in everyway seems like he's no where near the team killer that TO is, he's a team player who just wants to get paid properly (so does Josh Cribbs). Hey Jerry go get him and pay the man and Austin :pray:

I doubt very much that Josh McDaniels and Mike Shanahan agree with your opinion.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
dbair1967;3247340 said:
I doubt very much that Josh McDaniels and Mike Shanahan agree with your opinion.
Either way i'd rather have Marshall than RW11

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Gzus;3247336 said:
I agree- 2.2m for his production is ridiculous. Austin + Marshall = Irvin + Rice, in 2010

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Rampage;3247308 said:

the answer would be never cause it isn't necessary to waste the money on a #1 wr if you already have one.

Colts Reggie Wayne Marvin Harrison. Giants had a hood 1-2 in Burress and Toomer the Steelers had Holmes and Ward.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247343 said:
I agree- 2.2m for his production is ridiculous. Austin + Marshall = Irvin + Rice, in 2010
I'm sure that if JJ trades for Marshall and gives the guy a raise from 2.2M to 7.5-8M a year, Marshall will be more than happy and thrilled to play for JJ. Players wanna play for an owner they know will pay up when it's justified and JJ is well known for that. Marshall would relish the opportunity to play for the Cowboys in the spotlight that we provide as well as getting paid what he deserves. It's probably us just shootin the breeze but it'd be a dream come true it this were to happen.