Would you trade... RW11 and a 2nd for Marshall..

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Gzus;3247350 said:
I'm sure that if JJ trades for Marshall and gives the guy a raise from 2.2M to 7.5-8M a year, Marshall will be more than happy and thrilled to play for JJ. Players wanna play for an owner they know will pay up when it's justified and JJ is well known for that. Marshall would relish the opportunity to play for the Cowboys in the spotlight that we provide as well as getting paid what he deserves. It's probably us just shootin the breeze but it'd be a dream come true it this were to happen.

I would just have a smile the entire off-season til the kickoff of the first game, than that smile would become a smirk as my thoughts will be proven right that we have the tandem needed for a Dynasty.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247355 said:
I would just have a smile the entire off-season til the kickoff of the first game, than that smile would become a smirk as my thoughts will be proven right that we have the tandem needed for a Dynasty.
I've already got signs made in my mind for that first game. "The Austin Marshall's in town", "Home or Bust", "Cowboys Dallas-bound". I wonder if the Super Bowl is supposed to be a neutral field what would the league do.....

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Gzus;3247359 said:
I've already got signs made in my mind for that first game. "The Austin Marshall's in town", "Home or Bust", "Cowboys Dallas-bound". I wonder if the Super Bowl is supposed to be a neutral field what would the league do.....

They would put Al Davis in control of the Super Bowl committee and he would build an underwater stadium.

its possible with Al Davis.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3247346 said:
Colts Reggie Wayne Marvin Harrison. Giants had a hood 1-2 in Burress and Toomer the Steelers had Holmes and Ward.
Toomer was never a #1 and neither was/is Holmes.

i'll give you the 2006 Colts even though they won because of there defense. so 1 out of 42 Superbowl winning teams had two #1 wrs. they also had Peyton Manning and Romo is no Peyton Manning.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Rampage;3247376 said:
Toomer was never a #1 and neither was/is Holmes.

i'll give you the 2006 Colts even though they won because of there defense. so 1 out of 42 Superbowl winning teams had two #1 wrs. they also had Peyton Manning and Romo is no Peyton Manning.
I'll give you Toomer, but no one can argue that Holmes isn't a #1. They guy is one hell of a receiver.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Gzus;3247380 said:
I'll give you Toomer, but no one can argue that Holmes isn't a #1. They guy is one hell of a receiver.

Sorry, I'd argue about it. He's a good complimentary WR, but he is not a Michael Irvin or Jerry Rice type player.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
dbair1967;3247384 said:
Sorry, I'd argue about it. He's a good complimentary WR, but he is not a Michael Irvin or Jerry Rice type player.
A #1 WR stretches the field, Holmes does that, a #1 WR steps up at the end of the game, Holmes catches the game winning TD with 35 seconds remaining to win the SB, a #1 commands double teams, Holmes does that, a #1 leads his team in yardage, Holmes does that. In my book Holmes is a #1.

Tommy

Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247317 said:
The price we pay for him is a player who actually takes away from the team and a 2nd round pick, if it doesn't work out ship him off to the highest bidder and no problem. He would be better behaved here than in Denver.

Classic! If only Jerry knew how easy this GM stuff really is. And what in the world makes you think Marshall would be better behaved here? That was a rhetorical question. Please dont answer.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3247392 said:
I see nothing in that report that says the Denver Broncos are considering a trade for Marshall.

I'm not saying he won't be traded. But nothing in that says he will.
It doesn't spell it out specifically there, but it's been well known for most of the season the Broncos are wanting good value for him and have been willing to trade him. I'm sure as soon as the Super Bowl is over Jerry will shoot them a call and see what it'll take even if it's just from a curiosity standpoint.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Airbag;3247411 said:
Classic! If only Jerry knew how easy this GM stuff really is. And what in the world makes you think Marshall would be better behaved here? That was a rhetorical question. Please dont answer.

I must- He is paid 2.2m in Denver, he would not be paid that low here.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247414 said:
I must- He is paid 2.2m in Denver, he would not be paid that low here.
I agree, an additional 5-6 million a year would make anyone happier :)

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Gzus;3247419 said:

:welcome: to the forums, this is the first thread i've seen you in and I like you already!

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Romo 2 Austin;3247423 said:
:welcome: to the forums, this is the first thread i've seen you in and I like you already!
Thanks, just joined a few days ago and even with the many doomsayers I love this place :laugh2:

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;3247326 said:
He's not going to be traded, so the point is moot.

Why do you always have to shoot down peoples opinions?

You act like your **** don't stink.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Gzus;3247425 said:
Thanks, just joined a few days ago and even with the many doomsayers I love this place :laugh2:

lmao I was saying what is his name originally I thought it was "g zues" then I reliezed its pronounced "Gesus"

Tommy

Reaction score
Gzus;3247419 said:

Marshall has been in constant legal trouble since his UCF days. Those problems dont appear to be about his contract.

Assaulting a police officer, drunk driving, etc... the list goes on.

There are many players who want and maybe even deserve a new contract but dont hijack their team like Marshall does. Thats because his problems are about more than just money. We would be better off without the disruptions.

I dont think adding more superstars is the missing link to get this team to the Super Bowl.

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
dbair1967;3247384 said:

He was drafted in the first round for a reason. He's good.

If Holmes was to be put in #1 role, he could handle it just fine. He's got great hands and speed. His route running is no where near where Ward's is, but that speed makes defenders back off anyway.

Gzus

Romosexual
Reaction score
Airbag;3247446 said:
Marshall has been in constant legal trouble since his UCF days. Those problems dont appear to be about his contract.

Assaulting a police officer, drunk driving, etc... the list goes on.

There are many players who want and maybe even deserve a new contract but dont hijack their team like Marshall does. Thats because his problems are about more than just money. We would be better off without the disruptions.

I dont think adding more superstars is the missing link to get this team to the Super Bowl.
I honestly don't care if it's Marshall or not, we just need another threat opposite Austin. If we can get a productive WR on the other side then I'll be happy.